You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Toys, Touch-lamp & The Mans Face

Real Ghost Stories

The Toys, Touch-lamp & The Mans Face

 

I am 14 so I don't now if this is just me and an over active imagination but I am going to tell you my story anyway.

About 3 years ago we moved into a new house. From the first week of moving into the house I felt weird, like someone was watching me. Things only started happening a year later when my mum gave birth to my baby brother. My mum got so many toys and teddies for my brother she had to put them in my brother's room instead of the lounge. That was when weird things started happening.

I started hearing one of my brother's toys playing by itself. It is a plastic toy were you have to press a button down for it to work and start playing music. All of our rooms are quite close to each other so I thought my parents would be able to hear it too. But when I asked them the next morning they told me they hadn't heard a thing. It didn't happen again.

A few months later, I got a touch lamp for my room. I would be lying down watching a film in bed when the touch lamp would go on and off by itself on my cabinet. It would only happen about four times a week, but it got even worse. It now happens every day of the week. It happens about twice a night. I am not the only one who has seen this happen. My older brother who moved out came around to watch a film in my room with me, when the touch lamp started going on and off by itself. He looked really shocked and I told him it happens all the time. He told me he thought it was probably a ghost. The weird thing is every time this happens the time is usually 5 minutes to midnight.

Sometimes I will also wake up in the morning and feel like I can't move my legs to get up. I feel like screaming out but I can't. I have this almost every morning now.

About a week ago I stayed downstairs to watch a comedy film on TV while everyone was upstairs asleep. It started getting quite late and had just gone 12, when the bathroom light went off. It was weird because the bathroom light is a string you pull and when you turn it off or on it makes a loud click sound, which I did not hear. It then turned on again. I was so scared I got up from the couch turned the TV off and just as I was about to turn the lounge light off and go upstairs I swear I saw a man's face in the calendar by the bathroom door. I was so scared I ran upstairs at full speed and got into bed. I just lay there in shock. The next morning I told my parents why I left some of the lights on downstairs (because I was scared to get too close to the bathroom) but they didn't believe me. I now know not to go downstairs at night.

I have tried to put it behind me. But I can't forget the man's face. It was just grey and staring at me. He looked old too with thinning hair. The lamp thing still happens but I just get up and put it back on again like I don't even care.

Thanks. I am also going to make another story soon about me and my brother's experience of our old house.

Other hauntings by ghostsarereal2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostsarereal2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Weird. I had the same thing happen with my old touch-lamp as well. It only happened once but it went utterly funky. It started really dim and than it would get brighter and than really dim again before turning off and starting up again. It only happened once but the ghost did like to plug it back in when we unplugged it at night. I wish you luck to figure out all this. Not sure what to do.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
Salem, guess all these things are intensifying, hey it's high time you need to talk this to someone who would give you a hear. So far guess it didn't do any harm to you but please be careful. You could ask us for any help you need on this. We will do our best to walk you out of this. Take Care.
HIVE_Mind_Confused (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
cool story if you see him again try to ignor him and like every one has said I don't think he wants to harm you. I think hes just try to get a reaction/atenchen from you also he sounds like a kid at heart because of all the messing arond maby you should try asking him if he wants to play a game with you. Bye the way
What dose salem meen?
HIVE_Mind
❤ ❤ ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Hi, I liked your story. The only thing I really tell you is don't be scared. It not looking to hurt you. I don't know if you already know that or not. I just think it wants to scare you. See when I become a ghost I would love to scare people (I just don't want that to happen to me). I'll be like that dude on the movie "GHOST". BOO!
GIRLIE 😆
ghostsarereal2 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Guys just to say I have also been hearing the word salem in my head sometimes when I go to bed. Any suggestions?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
I am going to sounds like a broken record, but there are many teens with kinetic energy due to hormones. This could mean you are the catalysist or you are the attraction for spirits. Parapsychologists seem to think its a natural phenomenon and not spirit linked. I am not saying this is your case but it does seem your story follows the common pattern for this type of experience.
crystal8495 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
yes that happened to me before my nepfew was born. Instead of a man it was a blonde woman who would always walk around the house. Honestly I wasn't afraid of her, I could just walk by her calmly and she wouldn't do a thing. Try that next time you see him some things are like an unlucky coin toss so just be careful and make sure someone is near you. 😁
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Oh, just do an exocism or tell it to leave, if its Kiy then it won't do no harm. Kiy a ghost I seem to see once a year, really annoying too, just love to turn things on and off. So if you need to ask me somthing, send me an e-mail. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Heyy these are the works of a poltergeist. A ghost trying to grab attention and trying to scare you, I guess it doesn't mean any harm, but don't let it continue either. You are quite young, if you were old enough I would have asked you to do some ground work about the place you stay etc. But a little more valid suggestion would be report it to your parents seriously, if they don't respond go to some elder who would take things seriously. These small things can ruin your studies and many other things in life. Take Care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: