You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Daughter's Crib

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Crib

 

I was getting ready to settle down in my bed after putting my first born daughter in her crib in the next room... A few moments later I heard "Oh look, a baby" in a male's voice, coming from my infant's room over the baby monitor. But my husband was laying next to me, my father and mother were already asleep in their own bed, 2 rooms down, my grandparents (mother's side) were in the mother-in-law quarters (which were down the hill driveway) and were already asleep. I think it was my late grandparents, or grandpa (father's side) who had passed away a year ago, coming to wish the baby a welcome. Either way, I sprung out of bed and grabbed my baby. She slept in her bassinet next to my bed or in my bed for quite a while after that!

Now, I had in the past seen my father's mother before, watching me sleep or play piano, but for them to come to my child kind of freaked me out. I know they would never hurt her, but the thought that it could've been something else with a vulnerable infant is what kept me from putting her back in her crib. Freaky.

Even as I write this someone/thing is playing with my hair, like running a single finger through my hair or just stroking it lightly... It's rather annoying.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
That spirit is there for a reason. He is there to protect this child. I feel he will make his presence even more known in time. Don't fear it. This is a very protecting ghost. A guardian angel.
Tiger girl (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
Your mothers father was probably looking over the baby. You know how prtective grandparents are. I think that your grandfather is definantly watching over you.
magicwhisper (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-05)
Thank you for all your comments...
And yes, I agree, that the childrens saftey comes first... Oh, and btw I am not new to this... I have been dealing with the paranormal for many years... This was, however, the first time that "they" had spoken to my firstborn... But, thank you again for all your comments and words of advice... Blessed Be.
katie and dakota (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
weird but cool and kind of creepy like we were there as you. We thought it creepy at the last pargraph as they mess with your hair. Dakota
All the stories were creepy but personly yours was the creepiest. And I feel for your baby and you

katie
Fran (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
Wow, you know I really enjoyed this story. Grandparents, Parents and even a child's love is absolutely unconditional even in the after life I guess. Good thoughts for you! :P
Xassandra (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-31)
It's always good to learn about the spirituals guides surrounding you. But once you lern about it and your trust grows or decreases then you maymake a descion. But no matter what your child comes before anything else...
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-31)
Some spirits can be pleasant, it is known they do confort, feel our emotions, even give us advice. Either way be cautious. As you say, you don't know who they are. Remember they are spirits, they roam and they do feel. All depends what kind they are and who they are. But one know, because you will feel it. This is new to you, but you will know in time. Don't be afraid.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: