You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl Kneeling Beside My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl Kneeling Beside My Bed

 

I haven't had much experiences with ghost or anything supernatural wise but one encounter that separates itself from the very few is this one that happened about 6 years ago at my mom's ex-boyfriends house. It was short but it scared the hell out of me.

It was Saturday so I slept in until around 10 o'clock. My whole body including my head was underneath the covers when I woke up so I flipped off the covers and what I saw stunned me and I held my breath.

There kneeling at the foot of my bed was some girl in her late teens or early twenties looking up at me with foggy, dark, miserable eyes. She wore a tattered ripped nightgown, which was probably once white but dirty now. Her hair was drenched as if she had maybe drowned since I knew for a fact this was not some human but yet she had the form of one. She looked lost and sad.

I saw this all in the second it took me to throw the covers back over my head. I counted to ten before I reluctantly revealed myself to her once again. But she wasn't there. She was gone. Just vanished or disappeared like she wasn't there to begin with.

I collected myself and unsteadily walked across my room and to the door, but I didn't leave with out one more glance at my room to see if she was maybe hiding. I saw nothing out of the usual and proceeded out of my room.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, morg639, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Poor girl 😭 was she looking at you? Maybe she was looking for help, if you see her again ask her what she wants and if she wants help. If you don't get a candle and light it while praying for her tortured soul to finally be at peace, hope this helps, Katherine.
morg639 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
hey sorry I haven't really been on. Honestly I forgot I had an account here. Haha. Well thanks for the comments. So heres some information about the house: it's an auto repair shop so we used to live ontop where there was an apartment, my mom's ex owns the shop, it's about a hundred years old I think, the lake isn't that close to it; but it is almost like right next to an outlet, and we do not live there anymore so I have only seen her once; but now that I'm looking back on all my experinces (which there are very few) I do remember seeing a girl in an abandoned house on my dads street so that will probably be my next story.
much apreciation
TKDJamie (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
cool!
If you see her again mabe your could try to talk to her? And mabe you could look up the history of the house too?

Thanx for sharing!
TKDJamie
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Interesting, I would look into the history of you home or the lakes around it.
If you see her again you might want to try and talk to her instead of hidding even though that is going to be your first reaction when you see a spirit.

Let us know if anything else happens.

Much Peace
Katie
flamewithin (57 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
did you tell anyone about her? Did she notice you? Was ther a lake close to were you were? She may have thought you were someone else. That would have scared me as well. She was there for a reason. Isn't it a shame when it happens we are so scared we run instead of asking questions.
boobyhobbs (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
Your story frightened me! For I have to experienced something similar to your story. But in my experience it was a little boy kneeling by my bed. I would recommend that you get your home blessed.

Much love,
Boobyhobbs ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
It's too bad that you did not get the chance to talk to her. Your reaction is understandable, I would have probably gotten startled myself.
It would have been interesting to see if maybe she was approching you for help. Based on the description you give it sounds like maybe she was in a traumatic experience.
Thanks for sharing
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
morg639--That would scare the crap out of most people, me included. However, if she looked so forelorn, she must be unable to go to the other side. How sad for her and how scary for you. You said this happened six years ago, have you seen her since? I really feel sorry for both of you. 😢

Thanks for a short but interesting story.
God Bless,
Byluyster
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Hi, wow cool story. I would like always when a ghost like that comes to me I would look into the histroy of the house.
Well are seen another ghost or you see her again, try and talk to her. Not like I would because if I see a ghost again I would do the same thing. RUN or SCREAM. But that is just me. 😳
GIRLIE 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: