You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Skeleton Ghost And The Man With An Axe

Real Ghost Stories

Skeleton Ghost And The Man With An Axe

 

This is my first submitted story and the first two encounters I had. (This will be fairly short, sorry)

The first time I saw a 'ghost' I was about 3 or 4 years old, so I don't remember that much. All I remember is I was sleeping and I woke up in the middle of the night. My mom and some of her friends were downstairs playing loud music and drinking (this didn't affect me at all, because I'm a heavy sleeper and I was used to it). I felt wide-awake, and I looked up from my bed and saw a skeleton at the end of my bed. I remember being so scared I couldn't scream and I just lay there terrified. I tried to yell but my voice wouldn't come (this isn't a dream by the way) so, like all other frightened child, I hid under my blankets. After a few minutes of being under there, I mustered up the courage to yell "MOM". Instead her friend came up and I remember still being so terrified that I could only say "I want mommy..." and crying. My mom told me that it was probably a dream and that I was just half asleep. But I know that wasn't true, because I still remember it so vividly.

The second time I saw a ghost, I was about 12 years old. I was at my grandmother's house and I was walking up the stairs. At my grandmother's house, you can see her bedroom door right in front of you at the top of the stairs. I reached the top of the stairs and looked up and saw a man standing in front of her doorway, wearing a yellow shirt and jeans, covered in dirt and sweat. In his right hand was an axe, covering in blood and dirt. I only saw him for a moment but I stood there shocked for about 10 minutes. I looked everywhere in my house but could find no-one or any logical explanation. I told my mom about this and she wouldn't believe me. Figures.

Anyone know what these two encounters could mean? I'm positive that I wasn't dreaming or seeing things either time.

Other hauntings by miri_chan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miri_chan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

wolf1243 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
you saw a man with a Axe 0_0

When I was 10 I saw what you just said. Down to the blood and dirt.
Nyan-chan (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Um, a skeleton? That's creepy. I've honestly never heard of that. So the man with the axe... I can see that. But I'm suprised you didn't run. 😐
RMH (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-24)
miri_chan, I signed up so I could respond to your post. I had a skeleton incedent as a child too. I was 6 or 7 at the time. I woke up at night and was sitting up in bed. I could see across the hall into my sisters room, she was a 1 or 2 and still in a crib. A skeleton crawled out from under her crib and stood up, looked at me for a few moments then crossed the room and went into the closet. The next day I looked in the closet, nothing of course. That closet always made me nervous after that. I never told anyone about it until a couple years ago I told my wife about it. I'm not a ghost believer, but this did happen to me and I was not dreaming. It's seared into my mind. I've never found a good answer for it either, just started looking again, that's how I came across your post. Good luck, Ihpoe you can find an answer.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
OHMIGOSH, that's amazing that someone else saw one!
I was so freaked out LOL
That's such a cool story, since you were up, if I were in that position, I'd run like hell. LOLOLOL
My skeleton also had a sort og green glow to it O-O strange...
lavalady (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
OMG! I was just telling a friend about me seeing a skeleton when I was a kid and I looked up skeleton ghosts to see if anyone else had seen such a thing! When I was about 6 I woke up in the middle of the night and I saw a skeleton (it was a green color and had a glowing appearance) in my brothers room at his bed. I stopped by his doorway and looked at it, it's back was to me it was just standing there at his bed and it was sort of waving or motioning at him with its arm. I then ran to my parents room scared to death but after that it was no where to be seen. The next morning my brother told me about it and said he saw me stop at his doorway... And like you, he said he just hid under his covers, too scared to do anything. This freaks me out but it's kind of neat to know that someone has seen the same thing!
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
To thehunter99:
I'm half-black, but my grandmother isn't. She's from irish descent.

To girlie:
I'm glad you liked the 2nd story ^^ I'm also a bit skeptical about my first story, but I'm positive I was awake ^^
That would be interesting if the man had killed anyone there: o Frightening, though. The backyard is very large and it might be hard to dig up, and behind that is a forest. My great-great grandfather built the house, and my grandfather also did some work on it afterwards. I'm not sure about the property before that.

To hobbyholly:
I had never experienced anything like that at my grandmother's before, but I've always been scared of her bedroom since I was little ^^ I hadn't been watching tv, I had been in my room, went downstairs and got some chips, came back up and saw the man ^^

To celtcharm:
To be honest, as a kid I was pretty much fearless ^^ I always thought that nothing was there that could hurt me, scary things weren't real and I could do anything xD To this day I'm still not sure of what I saw.:\ But I'm still positive that I was awake. ^^'

To luvparanormal:
My grandmother still lives there, but research would be difficult because the house is old and the only neighbour that's been there very long might be dead (we haven't heard much from him in a long time) and it's difficult to get into his yard because of an extremely vicious dog that only likes him ^^'

To sqweeky1297:
What is it with moms never believing their kids? >< And they were scary, I almost peed myself XD
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
know how you feel when you say that your mom doesn't believe you and those things that you saw sound a little scary 😨
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
Does your grandmother still live in the house? Did you ever have any other experiences?
I would do a little research regarding the land or the home like who lived in it and if there was anything that ever happened there that was traumatic. Ask the neigbors they might know specially the ones that have been there for a long time.

As far as the skeleton episode it's kind of difficult to explain that one. It could have been so many different things with you being so small and not open to detail it's hard to say.
Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.
celtcharm (29 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
Hi Miri Chan, I enjoyed your experience. I think your skeleton sighting may have been a waking dream or a sleep paralysis experience since you had just awakened from sleep and you couldn't shout out for your Mom. It's common for people to see things that aren't there and to be paralyzed for a few seconds as they're waking up. Since you were a little kid at the time skeletons are scary to kids. I know I couldn't even look at pictures of skeletons when I was 3 or 4 years old! The other experience sounds to me like you really did see something paranormal. I agree you may find out something if you look into the history of the house or the land it's built on. Good experiences! Thanks for shareing. Peace, Celtcharm
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
Skeleton: I say you were dreaming. Sorry

The axe thing... I don't know how to answer that. Was that your first encounter with something like that in your grandmother's house? Had you been watching anything on tv? I'm sorry... Maybe a little more info would help
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Hi, wow I really like that 2nd story. The 1st one well I don't really believe it. Sorry. But I think the man could have kill people there and then buried them. I would look into the history of the house (please tell me what you find) I also might (Just to see, and have some fun looking to see if it is true) if there might be people in the backyard. Whoooooooo.
GIRLIE 😳
Thehunter99 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-19)
Are you black and is your grandma? The man with he ax could have been a fromer KKK member (the ax reps. The kkk) and he could have been killed there. Thats the only thing I could think of for the guy with the ax. Skeleton, dunno...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: