You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lost Daughter And The Offending Guests

Real Ghost Stories

The Lost Daughter And The Offending Guests

 

I have always lived in the same brick house in the East Midlands of England. It must have been built in the 1960's as my mother had lived here long before I was born, when she was married. I'm only 22 years old. This house is my home, my pride and my worst nightmare.

A short while ago I came to terms with the fact that a young woman I had seen pacing the halls and sitting in my bedroom was in fact the deceased daughter of previous occupants. My neighbours had sat me down and told me all about the poor sickly girl, and that they had seen her too. My mother has never believed me, neither the countless witnesses who have passed through our house.

I won't lie to you, I'm frightened of her, she's a ghost and this is my home not hers. She however is not the reason that I avoid my bedroom and the upstairs landing at night. In the dark, the shadows of tall men consume the stair case, hiding their faces and torso's within their own haze. As a child I would cry and protest about them interrupting my sleep, tugging at my mattress and curtains and destroying my toys.

Some times it's as if they have left, but the feeling stays. More often then not, they find their way back. I don't know who they are or what they want, but people who have always known this house, have no knowledge of such men.

A vivid memory sticks in mind. I was 15 years old, almost reaching the summer holidays It was 5am and remarkably humid. I used to have an awful black metal single bed that creaked and groaned with every breath. I was a heavy sleeper back then, but I had woken up refreshed at that time in the early hours. The television as usual was on as I refused to sleep without it. The learning programme was on, on BBC2, I even remember the logo appearing on the screen. I shifted myself to the bed board and decided to watch it until I became tired again.

Without warning the bottom right hand corner of the mattress pulled hard from the frame diagonally, sending me into immediate shock. I literally grasped tightly onto the bed board and yelped. I was terrified, especially because things had become increasingly physical in those years. I reluctantly examined the stray corner it must have been a foot from the frame.

I pushed it back on, and straightened the mattress with ease. However I was aware that the frame wasn't shaking but lightly vibrating, like a faint buzz. I could even hear the frame clank. I thought I should slip under the covers and ignore it. After ten minutes or so, it came to a gradual halt. I relaxed, breathed in deeply... Held my breath, I could hear breathing. I exhaled and found it wasn't my own but somebody else was in my room.

When I was small the breathing had forced me out many nights. I refused to leave to this day I spend enough nights on the sofa. I was eventually driven out, the breathing became gasping and it grew more aggressive, until I couldn't take it any more. By the time I had turned 22; I had changed my bed multiple times and changed my room completely. Now I have no bed, I sleep on a roll out futon and sleeping bag. That's when I dare enter. The sofa bed in my bedroom is a permanent seat, which is only occupied by my puppets and the little lady spirit who sits by my family shrine.

Though I feel safer downstairs I am not free from them here. The doors open, people choke and grunt. Unseen hands rearrange objects, and the worst of them cover your face as you sleep.

Why do I put up with it?

Because this is my house!

Will I ever find out who they are?

I'm afraid I'll never know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shikokun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
shadow people ar starting to get every where maybe the suffering of the sick girl atracted them no one knows what they are they are definately a new entity form and I'm not sure if there are any known methods to deal with them you realy need the help of a profesional house cleanser, someone along the lines of Ian Lawman or Mia Dolan they may charge you but they do know what they are doing
miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I do apoligize for suggesting hanging a cross in your home, I just saw your post about being Buddhist, I meant no offense! 😊
miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
have you ever told the spirits to get out?
I would try having the house blessed, or try burning some dried sage and smudge the house yourself. I'm not particularly religious, but having the house blessed worked in my experience, and I've also heard keeping a cross on the wall doesn't hurt. Kudos to you for standing your ground in your own home. Best of luck to you. 😁
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
hmm...
I would ask the little girl to help you get rid of them. She its a threat, so she can stay after. She can probably communicate much better than any live human could
BEST OF LUCK!
~Jessi
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Your best bet is to stand your ground, it IS YOUR HOUSE. As you have said. So why would they have the power to force you out of your own bedroom. That gives them some power over you. You did what they wanted of you.
You should tell them they are not wanted there and that it is your house now, not theirs. And you will not be bullied around. They either need to leave, or leave you alone and not be seen anymore.
You might be scared but stand your ground.

Much Peace
Katie
Shikokun (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
thank you for your help, I am buddhist so I have family shrines and items. The incence in constantly burnign and red ties adorn each door. Unfortunately they don't seem to work. Also I didn't mentio because there are so many incidents, that I have asked them why they are here, but it has lead to terrible consequences.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Have you ever tried to tell these "men" that they are not welcome in your home? Tell the to go to the light/God. Try that and see if it works. If you ever move out of this house and into your own one day, they could follow you there. Has your mom had any experiences? You stated that she didn't believe your house was haunted and didn't believe anybody else or you when you said there was something in the house. I was just wondering.

Try some pure sandlewood incense and maybe try to burn some sage in your home to cleanse it. Good luck and keep us updated. ❤
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
Hi Shikokun,

It would be worth to try praying or call someone from your church to take a look,...if you are not very close to a church you could call a psiquic maybe?...
It is not good that you are not comfortable living in your own house,
All the best,
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: