You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Never Got An Answer

Real Ghost Stories

Never Got An Answer

 

January 8th, 2009 about 9:50pm, I was sitting in my dining room on my laptop talking to a friend on the phone. All of the sudden, a ball of light went flying across the shades in front of my sliding glass doors. It was a very weird ball; bright in the middle, as bright as the light when you are welding. The outer part of the ball was not completely round and not as bright as the inner part of the ball. The light around it was like ridged and there was a trail of light behind it. It looked like a shooting star and it fell at a slant downward. It didn't last long, I'd say from the time it formed to the time it was gone, and was maybe 2ft in length.

I immediately looked outside, no cars were around and the shades were shut to far for it to have come from outside, plus it was on the inside of the shade.

Now for the weirder part of this story, I texted my best friend Trudy Gloe to ask her if spirits appeared as a very bright light. I got no reply. I went to bed shortly after.

In the morning I got a call from her brother informing me that my friend had died that morning. Her trailer caught fire in Sandstone and she was completely burnt. Very Sad! Since Trudy never got to respond to that, can someone please tell me what they think that was.

Thanks Dede

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DedeT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DedeT (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Thanks for all of your comment. I completely agree with all of you. Dabrewer, yes you can use my story and thank you.
I kind of felt that maybe it was someone who had died that Trudy knew who was trying to warn me, her mother Tonia died a little while back and I felt maybe it could have been her. What does all of you think of that.
Dede
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
That ball Of light may of Been trying to warn you about your friend. It may of try telling you to save your friend.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I'm sorry for the loss your best friend. I'm sure it is your best friend telling you goodbye or, watching you for the last time. I think your best friend has no intent to scare you so I think she used an orb to tell you that she/he passed away. Or maybe she/he was watching for the last time, which means she/he passed away.
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
I am pretty sure it was your friend telling you good bye. Sometimes they just need to let us know they are alright. Before heading off.
Sorry for your loss.

Much Peace
Katie
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
I know there are natural reasons for balls of floating light. However, what you explained was not the usual ball of static electricity to my knowledge. If this was your friend saying goodbye consider yourself fortunate. Unless static electricity or swamp gas sounds like this could have been a spirit saying goodbye.
pramod (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
yes! She was your friend, these happnes normally, in Asian counturies like India.

India has a black magic, in that also, soul of a person travels in same manner, as you had mentioned in your, article.

Bye
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
I am sorry for your loss of your friend, That Horrblie to loss it and Burn in the trailer that cause to late to be saved by fire. But Yes It is your friend that tell you to let you know that she leaving the world.
sharebear (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
I think that the light was your friend. Because if she died she probably wanted you to know.

P.S-Really sorry that your friend died. ❤
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
I believe that the light orb was a siren. It is a spirit that warns you that death is near and is giong to happen to someone close. I am so sorry for your loss...
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
Really sorry for the loss. Guess you two should have been quite close. It happens and it's a form of telepathy too, before or after the loss of a loved one some have dreams of them bidding farewell or some sign or the other. Your friend had valued you so much that her spirit has shown you a sign. Take Care.
Dabrewer (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
hi I'm writing a book and I was wondering if I could use your story in it tha book is about ghost stories across amrica
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
i agree with vanelle22 that's like what happen to me when my grandma's dog was dieing of really bad sickness and I heard a dog run under the porch and at the same time they (the veterans) were put my grandma's dog down because he was so sick.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Vanella who are you? I saw you comment in 10 different stories already. Are you a paranormalist or something?
vanelle22 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
I definitely belived it could have been her saying her goodbyes and moving on to the other side (which is a good thing)...I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend. But we do sometimes experiece strange occurances when a close friend/family member passes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: