You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Children Wanted Comfort

Real Ghost Stories

The Children Wanted Comfort

 

This is an experience I will never forget.

My friend Matt had just bought a house on the other side of town from where I had lived; a few weeks of living there he called me and asked if I would come a visit him at his house. Hearing him say it that way certainly got my attention. Of course I went.

Having experiences all my life he knew he could trust me to tell him if anything strange was going on.

First we walked up the steps to his bedroom and he sat on the bed. He explained that when he retires for the evening he is always woken up by something jumping onto the bed, it feels like a dog that is ready for slumber with its master. But my friend he had no animals, he said it happens every night twice then nothing else happens. Then he led me down to the basement, which was small and did not seem to fit the layout of the house upstairs, it kind of went into a different direction then the home itself. Strange I thought and entered the tiny hallway.

Hearing soft whispers I walked to the last room, he was standing by the stairs still and called to me that he never goes over there, he feels sick when he does. I entered the small room it was dark, in the corner shadows could be seen, when I walked further into the room and turned on the light I saw two small children facing the corner of the room. The walls of the small enclosure had been drawn on with crayons the pictures were faded but you could see they had been there a while. When I knelt down I asked out loud "Are you alright?" They both turned to me at the same time, half of the little girls face was burnt and she was missing an eye on the left side. The boy was smaller then her and he was burnt all over his face most of his hair was gone as well. Not expecting to see them in that condition I yelped and they disappeared, the light went off. Of course I got up quick and almost ran over my friend who was still by the stairs...

After telling him what I had seen he went to find the history on the house. He learned that there was a different house in that location one with a basement. A candle had been knocked over while the parents and children slept, no one made it out. The basement they left for some odd reason and built a larger home over it.

So now when he goes to bed he says goodnight to the children, who he and I think crawl in bed with him for comfort.

Other things that happen in the home is the smell of firewood, giggling, things disappearing and showing up in weird locations, and he still gets two nightly visits. Nothing bad and he says he is okay with that.

Other hauntings by kittythatsme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kittythatsme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

seesthings626 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
wow that really creepy 😨
But sad too.
Its nice that your friend gives them comfort 😊
pArAnOi_nUt (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
wow... At first I was too freaked out her read the whole thing (yes, I'm a paranoid nut) so I skimmed to the comments, and I read that I was still missing something, so went back to read it. I think that is so sweet that he comforts them. I wonder if their parents already made the cross and they were left behind. Poor things, that's sad 😭
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Hi everyone thanks for reading.

Miss_laura no I nevwer saw the parents.

Zoajet I did not feel sick like he did, just very... Sadish/lonely.
TKDJamie (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
PS The reason he might have felt sick is mabe he could smell smoke or something? Who knows!
TKDJamie (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
I always get sad when I read about sad/upset ghost children and it was nice of your friend to comfort them.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
That is really sweet of your friend to give those children comfort. Not many people would do that. It always sadens me when I hear about spirit children. Good luck to ya'll ❤ 😊 ❤
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Yeah the children is not the thing to worry about. The basement on the other hand... The place that he said he felt sick in, did you also felt sickish? This may yet be another spirte portol. E-mail me if you need anything to ask me. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
OMG that is so sad. And you haven't seen the parents? I find it sweet that they look for comfort in your friend

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: