You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My House?

 

There have been many experiences in my house, including the ones I am about to tell you, which have led me to believe that there is something else here, apart from my mother, my cat and I.

Before you continue the story, if you're not aware how my house is set out, please read my other stories.

Four nights ago, my mum got home from work at the usual time, 6 pm. She put her bag down, and walked into the hallway to go to her room. All of a sudden she stopped, and had a very odd look on her face. She asked me 'Courtney, did you spray any perfume?' I thought... What an odd question. So I replied saying no, as I hadn't. I asked her why, and she said she could smell coconut and flowers, a very feminine and beautiful scent, a scent that I couldn't smell. Once she got into her room I yelled out asking if she could still smell it, and she said no. I brushed this off, forgot about it, until the next morning.

I woke up and went into the kitchen to get some breakfast. Mum had already left for work. As I was walking back into my room, I suddenly could smell a very beautiful scent. First I was hit with the scent of coconut, then flowers, then it all mixed as one, this was while I was walking from the entrance of the hallway, to my room. It took a few minutes before I realised that it was the same smell mum had smelt the night before! I have not smelt this scent since then, and neither has mum.

On to another experience. This happened the night before last. Mum came in while I was on the computer, around 11 pm, to tell me she was going to bed. I decided I too would hop into bed, but just watch a movie. I decided to watch Riding In Cars With Boys. Now, from my bedroom, if someone is in the kitchen, I would be able to hear what they are doing, and talking, as mum and I always chat when she's in there and I'm in here! Anyway, back to the story. I got the movie out from the DVD cabinet, picked up my cat Paige and put her on my computer chair. I started the movie and noticed that Paige had fallen asleep. About 30 minutes into the movie, I heard dishes being moved and rattled in the kitchen. I checked my computer chair to see if Paige was still there, and she was, sound asleep. I thought to myself, okay it's just mum, but then I heard her cough, and stir in her bed. I got extremely creeped out but just continued watching the movie until it finished.

The next morning I told my mum what I heard, and she said that it's strange I heard that because before she went to bed, she had placed the sink out and flat for it to dry, but that morning she went into the kitchen and it was screwed up in a ball, nowhere near where she left it!

I have no explanation to what caused the sounds, as I am POSITIVE I heard mum in her bedroom.

What do you guys think it could be?

Other hauntings by courtneyOMGG

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, courtneyOMGG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Wolfchild (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-04)
It might have been a poltergeist. They move things and make noises but can never be seen. They like to play tricks on people like move their keys or other everyday items. I hope I helped and good luck ghost hunting 😁
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Found and read it. That is not how you close one propoly. And sense then the portol been letting spirts through. Do a pray on it and put some type of seal on it.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
you have another story about the ouija board? What is it called and I'll read it.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I don't know if we closed it properly or not.
Hmm, do you think you would be able to read the story and tell me if we did or not?
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Then maybe you never closed the sesion? The ghost may still be coming through and that's why you hear nosies by them.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Zoajet, I used an ouija board about two years ago or so. The story is posted up on this site
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
a Spirte is another word for ghost. Did you ever use a Ouija board or study the dark arts?
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
I was SO scared! My heart was beating really fast 😜 So that's why I didn't go and check who it was.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
If I had heard that & knew it was not my mother, I would get up and look, but maybe you were too scared. I don't blame you.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
What's a sprite? I live in an apartment block that's around 20 or so years old.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Its a spirte. It could be one that died there and never found. Look in the house history and try talking to it when you hear it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: