You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Garden And Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

My Garden And Beyond

 

I moved into my home in 2003. It's a beautiful ground floor two bedroom-flat / apartment with a garden. I was so chuffed to have a garden-who wouldn't be? It needed some work but I was prepared to put that in.

The garden is an L-shape. You open the patio doors and you have in front of you a paved bit followed by an L-shaped bit for planting (pictures attached). We have an area which is fenced of which is just grass and trees, this land is separated by a wall that leads to a river. So I could not really have asked for a nicer space.

Now when we moved in, the garden was a mess; to put it frankly it looked like a jungle. I would often say to my children "I wonder what sort of insects and creatures live in all that s...e".

As we moved in November we did not really do anything with the garden until March 2004, when the weather started to improve. It took hours to cut the grass and pull the weeds out. My two boys and I would squirm every time we had to pull out weeds; GOD knows what else would pop out! However, I must admit we saw some insects that even fascinated us. After loads of hard work, blisters on our hands, back aches, we managed to get our space looking "TIDY".

We dug the soil; it was amazing how this garden had been neglected. We found so much rubbish buried in the soil.

Now whilst we were turning this jungle into a haven, not once did I ever feel anything, sense anything. I was excited at the thought of having a garden with beautiful flowers, herbs, grass. Little did I know my peace was not going to last. It all started after we had cut the grass and weeds.

When I first started to feel, see and sense things is blank. But here goes:

There are two trees that I stare at, no matter what time of the day it is or night. I will stare at a particular spots. It is almost like I am being watched. When I go into the garden, the first thing I do it stare at the tree on the left, and more recently the tree on the right.

At night, before I go to bed, I will before I get into bed, go to the window and stare at the tree closet to my window. If I don't, it is like something has not been completed.

We used to call Inki in through the bedroom window-my son and me-we have stopped this after sunset, we have both heard and felt as if someone is coming towards us. My son has even said he is not doing that again there is someone out there!

I have tried to grow flowers and herbs, but nothing seems to grow. This in itself baffled me a lot.

On a warm day I will sit in the garden but know I am not alone. Every now and again, I will hear the leaves being walked in.

Last month I decided I would try again to plant some flowers and herbs, and some vegetables. The first thing I did was clear up some leaves which always seem to gather up where the fencing started. After clearing the leaves, I began to dig. That was hard work and I mean hard work. I have only done a quarter of the garden.

I planted some sunflowers, as well as other flowers, some herbs in one section and vegetables in other section.

I looked at the places I had planted some flowers and herbs more recently and we have herbs growing and I think flowers are shooting out.

Inki (my cat) would stare at the same spots as me, but just recently he has started to play near trees, hide somewhere around these tree as well.

The day before yesterday I got home from work opened the garden door, and called out for Inki, expecting him to pop out of the usual spot I was shocked to see him near the tree on the right with a beautiful ginger cat. Both cats just sat there. The ginger cat stared at me, acknowledged the name I called her as well. Then they were gone.

To avoid any future confusion regarding the authenticity of the story, I must point out that the Garden experiences along with the photographs have already been published in www.sanskrit-yoga.com by the author Surya.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Karen123456789 (1 stories) (6 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
Surya why did you evaluated my story called "screamings around the house" I WORKED HARD FOR IT BASTARD! 😠 😢
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
You write nice but its not much of a ghost story. Bad vibes and rustling leaves can have other explanations. This, of course, is just my opinion. Still, nice story about creepy English garden.
Wally911 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
What's with everybody and the red dots? I didn't see any red dots.Oh, and at the bottom of the photo, I can see what looks like a white light hidden in the grass. Wait, I just zoomed in on the photo and I can see red splotches at the bottom-right.

Wally911 😉

PS: I wish you a happy end of summer, (im not happy, becauce of back to school.)
Cherry (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
Hey Surya,

Did you ever call a priest and do bhoomi poojan in the garden? If not then do it. I am sure it will get out the negativity and also try and do pooja under the two trees and see what happens. I feel something is trying to pull you to it. Do you have tulsi plant in your Garden? If not then plant it and pray to it every day morning and evening. No offense meant. I am just trying to help you.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
its ok. And I'll try. But the whole thing is they on my flash drive. The only back thing is it looks all black sometimes. Don't know if its just the flash drive or what, but I'll try.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
why don't you go to the forum you saw my pictures on and attach them to your topic. I'll have a look. I look forward to looking at them. Sorry for the delay
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
ok let try this, how would I be able to e-mail you them? I got one with an ghost that is rat form, and a human ghost figure.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
If the pictures are not attached to a story io don't think you can I maybe wrong.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I want to show you two werid ones but don't know how to get it from the flashdrive on here. And sorry about the other post on onther story.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Pictures, flash drive yes of course, why do you ask?

As for the tree I am awaiting some information as that face does disturb me to.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I saw the other cat too. But about the picture of the tree, it looks as if a leg is on it. By the way do you know how to put a picture on this from a flash drive?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
The Cat that is Katie, she is not mine, She appears out of the blue and my cat is very taken by her, Inca is actually in the picture as well. But you have to look real hard. Red dots yep, everytime I snap picture there are loads of red dots. The pictures have not been tampered with at all. You can leave a comment on the forum as well.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Found them but... There a cuple of things I need to ask. First off the cat with the bright eyes is not noting ghostly just the camra. Now I notice a lot of red dots in the picture, did it show like that or did you outline the thing to show people what to look at. Now the tree... The hole kind of look like a head and to the side, it kind of reminds me of a person leg. Thats weird, I just look at it a few more times. The red dots seems to appear some times when you look at it. And No one owns the land?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
zoajet sorry, I should have said, you need to go to the forum on sanskrit-yoga. Under paranormal. The story is there to attached are the pictures. Thank you anyway.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Sorry, couldn't find the pictures. Well like I said you ever bother to looked near the trees?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Sorry my cat, well as mentioned he does sit near both trees, what I find really strange is he will sometimes sit in the garden, he will not go near the trees, sit and stare. Last night was really weird, he sat right outside in the garden (I don't know if you have seen the pictures, they are on published sanskrit-yoga - forums) he just sat and stared at the tree on the left.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Maybe like in my first comment, you saved some traped spirtes but you say you feel as if somthing incomplete right? Well maybe the spirtes you may of saved is trying to tell you somthing with that tree. Did you ever thought of serching the tree their near?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
zoajet they are always watching. Strange thing is I have to look out of the window when I wake, when I get home from work and at night. If I get up in the middle of the night the first thing I do is look out of the window. It is almost like a calling, I have to or something is incomplete.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
do you still sense they watching you or nothing? Your cat may of sense no danger in them and that's why it goes near the tree
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Hi Logan

Well thank you for reading my stories, as for ridding whatever is out there or in there or attached to me, well see.

Once again Thanks 😉
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Hey Surya,

I like reading your experiences, have read most of your stories. I do hope your able to get rid of whtevr it is that is bothering you from enjoying your garden.

Regards,
Logan
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Hi preacher1, thank you for taking the time out to read all my stories.

I do not what sort of spirits I am surrounded by, but I will agree that some are protective and others more sinister. You will know from the stories, that there is the one spirit who has been with me for I have lost count of how many years.

As for the Garden. I am not sure if I have disturbed anything or not, but even before I decided to give the garden another go, I was feeling and sensing. I don't know if you want to see the pictures, but they are up on my website. I have not had a chance to post them up on here yet. The other thing I have noted is my cat is actually sitting near the both trees. I know there are two entities there, I feel them and one I can almost see now. The other tree well I am unsure of, I know there is something there as well. So question is have I cleared a path for spirits to enter my garden, NO because they are all looking into it except maybe two or three.

Ah yes finally my night sweeper. The story you have read is almost similar to mine. Except I was married into a Brahman Family. My ex-father-in well let's put it this way, if I forgive him I let him as long as I choose not to he can't come near me.
preacher1 (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
I have read all your stories and tried to follow as best as I could. It seems to me you have several types of entities around you some seem good and protective and other seem more sinister. In my own research I have heard of stories such as this where the good battle the bad (in the end it just seems to be a stale mate unless the person it is happening to takes further steps). What concerns me more is the sinister aspect of it like when you said "and the voice in my head saying "you are not going to win". All the way home I could feel his presence." Or the shaking of your sons bed. Or dark shadowy figures these are not things friendly spirits say or do. One of the many things I have read is that sometimes dark entities can be attracted to earth bound spirits even control them, so the paranormal things that happen may start out fine but then become more dangerous or scary. From what I have researched the longer evil is aloud to linger the more harder it is to get rid of (but I can't say for sure it is evil or just earth bound spirits). If it is just earth bound spirits then they may need your help, want to tell you something or maybe not even realize they are dead.

As for your current situation I have to agree with zoajet it defiantly seems like you have disturbed something. From what I have researched it seems after a good amount of passing time paranormal activity can hibernate then awake if something disturbs it. But nothing you said so far seems to indicate evil you just have to keep an eye out.

The other thing I wanted to comment on as I know others have is the story titled night sweeper. It reminds me of another story I read and the jist of it is this: I woman maries man has children finds out that the mans side of family is not all its cracked up to be especially a certain friend of the family on the mans side who she grew to despise for various reasons (I won't get into the horrible details). The woman divorced the man, moves with kids, and found out that the friend of the mans family had died to her much delight but things only got worse for her, she was being haunted by a dark figure. She went to a priest she had already been seeing for advice and he told her she had to forgive the family friend in order to receive peace. After much opposition she finally gave in, forgive this horrible man of his sins and finally got her peace

Well could go into a million other things but this is the jist of what I wanted to share thanks for sharing your stories and I hope it all works out for you and your family. Good luck.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Kecoughtan thank you for reading my story. I am working with Whitelbuffalo and Rhodes68, I have sent them pictures. As for the rubbish. When I started to dig, can you believe the fork would not go into the soil, I eventually ended up using a spade, as the top of the soil was so hard, strange really but it did the trick. I came across cloth, strange metal pieces I could not make out what they were, broken jewellery, the best finding was this huge pipe like thing, it is shaped like the letter "S". So yes I would say domestic as well as other stuff. The left part of the garden is where most of it was, and that is where a lot of activity is felt by me.

Now when I got the the bit opposite the patio door, although grass and weeds, we had a job trying to get the weeds out. I dug one spot and something was definitely stopping be from digging deeper, eventually after digging around this hard bit, believe if you saw me, you would have laughed your socks of, I saw it was a root, very thick, I am pulled it and pulled it, it just would not budge. I am not sure which tree it attached to, but I managed to break it. It is sticking out of the ground now.

I will post the pictures on here but they are also posted on my website, if you want to have a look.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Hi Frawin, I did think Nature Spirit but they way I feel, I am not so sure. I know there is something or someone there, and it/they scare the living daylights of me. Sometimes I stand in the garden and just stare at the spot, wanting whatever it is to reveal itself fully.

I would love to hear about your encounter.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Surya it sounds as if you have come in contact with a nature spirit. You say that you feel like you're being watched, does it make you feel fearful? If not it just may be curious to what you are doing to HIS garden. Apparently it approves because it hasn't threw a tantrum like the one I encountered years ago did. Remind me to tell you about it someday. Keep the stories coming I enjoy all of them. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤ 😊
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Surya, I am sorry you continue to struggle to make sense of these inexplicable events. I had hoped that you, whitebuffalo, and others would solve the night sweeping and window tapping. I must admit I am curious about the rubbish you encountered while doing yeoman's service in the garden. How would you categorize the rubbish? Is is construction debris from the building of your house or does it appear to be domestic rubbish discarded by a previous tenant who didn't want to hauld it very far? Or does the rubbish appear to predate the construction of your home? Thanks.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Wow, that is a theory. Not one I was expecting. If that is the case, why are they still watching? They are their 27/7. I can almost see them now.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Seems like when you dug up the weeds and trash, a spirte was relised. Can't say if it was good or evil, but the people living there before you (or whoever did the trash under the soil) they must of knew a inprisionment ritural. The spirte may of watched you to make sure your not evil and then when it was sure you wasn't, it left.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: