You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The White Lady

 

It all started when I was about 12 years old when my mum, my little sister and me went to visit my nana and granddad at their house after school.

We walked through the door and my granddad was sitting in his chair he looked very ill and pale. My mum asked him what was the matter with him, but he was finding it hard to tell us, so my nana told us that he saw a ghost, but she never mentioned anything else. I think it was because she didn't want me and my sister to get frightened.

Later that day me and my sister were playing hide and seek inside the house, we thought it would be fun because the house is huge and are loads of places to hide!

My sister was counting, so I ran up the windy staircase in search for a hiding place, when I past a window. I peered through and could see through another window into a bedroom and there looking straight back at me was a white lady but as soon as I realised what I was looking at she had gone! Then for a split second I knew that the white lady was trying to tell me something because I knew she very lonely.

After that I ran as fast as I could back down the stairs into the living room where my mum, nana and granddad were sitting and all of a sudden I burst out crying and told them all what I just saw. My mum told me that it was just my imagination, but I could see my granddad staring right at me in shock of what I just said.

My mum still said it was my imagination but later that night I over heard my mum telling my dad about what my granddad had seen was exactly the same as me!

As I grew older and told more and more people about that story it was starting to become unreal to me until the day my nana and granddad moved house. They decided they were getting to old to look after a big house so a little house would suit them better. We helped them the day they were moving to pack all the boxes. And I went to get the last of the clothes from the wardrobe.

As I walked into the bedroom there was that white lady again! She just stood there so still looking out the window. I gasped and the lady quickly turned around to look at me, her eyes were a pale blue and they were sharp and cold.

Although I only seen her for a few seconds for the last time, it felt like the longest time and definatly the scariest!

Thank you for reading my story and I hope you found it scary because I sure did!

Other hauntings by katematex

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katematex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
good story but you didn't say what happened after you saw her did she just vanish or what? What did you do run?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Hi, so the 2nd time you saw her she only turned around and faced you or did she do something more. But over that little question it was a good story.
GIRLIE 😊
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Scary!...brrr...guess your grandad never told you what he saw, right?,...wonder why if this ghost was so lonely didn't try to aproach anybody...anyway, thanks for the story 😁
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: