You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Little Boy On The Stairs 2

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy On The Stairs 2

 

I have an interesting follow up to my story "Little Boy on the Stairs" submitted in February 2008.

The little boy seen at the bottom of the stairs in that first story was subsequently seen other times in our home, both by my husband Carl and my younger daughter Karen. Karen is a sensitive who sees spirits on a daily basis, which includes her twin brother Cade. This may be part of the reason why she is so connected with the spirit world. My husband Carl is more sensitive than I am, but not as sensitive as Karen. My older daughter Alyce is very much a sceptic who has some paranormal experiences, but not as many as Karen. Alyce keeps us grounded whenever we go ghost hunting at other locations. (Those are other stories for another time!) Anyway...

One evening last summer the four of us gathered as a family in the family room in our basement to communicate with Cade. We call this our "family circle." Carl was seated on a love seat, which faced our open laundry room door. I began to notice that Carl was glancing curiously in the laundry room from time to time. (The laundry room and the storage room beyond it appear to be the epicentre of paranormal activity in our house.)

At first Carl didn't say why, until finally he told us that he had been seeing a spirit in the darkness of that room. The spirit had finally been curious enough to move forward into the partial light at the door, and Carl was able to see that it was the same little boy he had seen on the stairs. Karen could see him too, confirming what Carl was experiencing. My "spirit" son Cade told us, through his telepathic link with his twin Karen, that the little boy's name was Jordan. Jordan was four years old and had died in 1885. Jordon was shy, which was why he wouldn't join us in the family room. Also, it broke my mommy heartstrings when I learned through Cade and Karen that Jordan was searching for his mommy and daddy. Poor little Jordan had been searching for so long.

I spoke quietly to Jordan and invited him to join us in the family room. I reassured him that we were just talking together as a family and would welcome his company. Even with all of the encouragement, he hesitated near the door and wouldn't come out.

I told Jordan I knew he was looking for his mom and dad and wanted to be with them again. I told him that if he sees a bright light - the brightest light ever - and goes into that light, he would find his parents. Carl and Karen said Jordan disappeared soon after.

A few months later, with no further contact with Jordan, Karen, Alyce and I found us in the family room with two of their very close friends, once again communicating with our Cade. Karen told us that Cade was sitting on the floor near the door to the main floor, petting our dog Meisha. Alyce had to go to the bathroom and opened that same door to go up to the bathroom, closing it shut after her.

Karen told us that Alyce had walked through Cade. I looked over to that spot with a moment of melancholy, wishing that I too could see my son. I was feeling sad about it, but wasn't ready for the hugely overwhelming feeling of sadness I felt, so much sadness that I was fighting the tears, trying hard not to sob uncontrollably.

I turned back to the three teen girls and saw they had odd expressions on their faces. "Suddenly I felt like crying," I had difficulty explaining. "So do we!" they all said, and we all began weeping. When I was finally able to talk a few minutes later, I said, "I don't know why this is happening, why we all feel like crying." Karen came over to sit beside me and put her hand on my knee. "Mom," she said. "Cade told me that Jordon just crossed over."

Jordon was finally with his mom and dad.

Other hauntings by ParaTam

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ParaTam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Thanks to you too, Ghostwhispere. Before we began communicating with Cade, I never would have thought it possible. I feel blessed! ❤
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Thank you, Miss_laura!

I too feel VERY fortunate that my son is with us. Cade told Karen that he could go into the light at any time himself, but he chooses to stay with his family. Cade has been trying to communicate with us (mainly Karen since she is so sensitive) for years, and doesn't want to leave us now that he finally can communicate with us.

Thanks again! 😁
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Omg that is a beautiful story. Not only that you saved Jorden but that your son still stays around to be with his family. ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: