You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Cobbler

Real Ghost Stories

The Cobbler

 

When I was 7 years old, every night whilst I was lying in bed I could hear whistling. At first I thought it was something normal like the wind or radiators but after a couple of weeks I noticed it always started at 9:00 and went on for a good 15 minutes.

It was around about this time when I decided I needed the toilet. Pitch black as it was I picked up my torch by the side of my bed and turned it on. I walked out onto the landing and to my surprise the whistling started again. As frightened as I was I stood completely still in the middle of the landing in the dark with the only light coming from my torch.

I heard the whistling clearer when I was on the landing than when I was in my bedroom and it sounded as if it was coming from downstairs. I peered over the banister and shone the torch down, and there was an old man sitting on the very bottom step wearing pointed wooden clogs and blowing through a wooden flute. I was shaking with freight. My hand was shaking so was the torch, on and off the man, but before I knew it he had already gone!

I went to tell my mum who was trying to get to sleep in her room about the man. She told me that a long time ago when our house was first built (which was ages ago!) a cobbler bought it. Downstairs used to be a little shop whilst he lived upstairs. Apparently this cobbler would stand out side the front door playing on his flute to welcome customers in.

If anyone out there has any ideas why this cobbler still plays his wooden flute here, please leave a comment because I believe that no ghosts or spirits are here unless they have something they'd like to do before they die.

Other hauntings by katematex

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katematex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Sounds residual to me, and I really don't think you have (had?) anything to fear.

Could be that the cobbler enjoyed making music so much that he left his imprint long past his own time.

Love, Joy, and Peace!

❤ ❤ ❤
3nj0y (19 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
That is creepy but cute 😁...
Maybe the little old dude is trying to say that he wants to make sure that you feel welcome and safe in what used to be his shop and home 😉.

Best of luck, 3nj0y.
preacher1 (37 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Could be one of many things. The fist is called a residual haunting which is kind of like a imprint of the past, other possibilities are that the person does not know he is dead or has unfinished business or even scared to cross over to the other side.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: