You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Hand, Red Orb & A Sense Of Being Watched

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Hand, Red Orb & A Sense Of Being Watched

 

I need help I believe I have an evil spirit or demon after me ill start from the beginning.

When we first moved in I had a room upstairs that was once one room then we made it into two for me and my sister. I stayed up there for awhile then I would see a shadow move in the corner of my room it kind of freaked me out but I ignored it. When I woke up one morning for school I had scratches all over my back I quit sleeping in my room.

About a month ago I woke up one morning about 3:46. I woke up from a good dream, I tried to roll over but found I could barely move. I looked down and there was a long black hand over my ribs the hand started to move away, then I heard growling and a weird laughing behind me. It must have been maybe 3 to 5 minutes later I was finally able to move. I got up and walked to the kitchen to get something to drink and then went back to bed.

The next day I was on the phone talking to my ex. Now as I walked past our couch the cushions were straight nothing was wrong with them however when I turned around the cushions were moved in different directions. I didn't think much of this and went to take a shower. While I was in the shower I heard a loud banging on the bathroom door so I got out of the shower to have a look only to see a red orb shoot from the bottom of the door to the top. THIS REALLY FREAKED ME OUT!

I left for about a week. Since returning things appear ok except the feeling of being watched and the occasional breathing on the back of my neck.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yungav, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
safa waking up is not always a sign of demons. I always wake up and I'm not being haunted by a demon.
Oh and get your house cleansed
Safa (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
I think you got a demon with you. Cause waking up at 3 am is a sign of demon. Get help from the church or share it with a father. That might help you. And never come out from your shower without cloths. Try to avoid this type of situation as much as possible.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
OK, I am strongly trying to ignore the posts of zoajet, which I advise you do as well. I might not be able to explain the orb or the hand, but I can give a possible reason for the feeling that you are being watched.

Sometimes strong EMF's (Electro-Magnetic Fields) can cause a person to feel as if he/she is being watched. You can take a simple emf detector and sweep your house for strong EMF's. If you find the source, try to have it repaired or replaced. This could very well eliminate the feeling of being watched.

Hope it helps you!
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
Not to be rude, Zoajet, but I feel the need to point out --

If you're in the habit of "exocising" relatively innocuous things like orbs and "spirtes," then I have no doubt that you're meeting with success, primarily because these things generally don't require exorcism. A lot of times, they clear up by themselves (or their presence returns occasionally and and remains inobtrusive).

True demonic presence, however, is something entirely different. Very rare. Exceedingly powerful. It's NOT going to fear you, and it won't be inclined to follow your direction. In fact, if you try to subdue or confront it, it WILL turn on you, laugh at you, confuse you, and/or physically attack you. I KNOW; and I hope for your sake that you never have to find out on your own.

A.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
preacher1, I am not religious at all and exorcism can be done by any one as long as they know how to do it. I am not saying people that are religious are wrong. Its good they believe somthing, everyone has their own view on life.
preacher1 (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Zoajet I don't knock your preferences but Christian exorcism or deliverance has been proven to work. I have to agree with angel feathers on this, a large part is contributed to your piousness not all priests make good exorcists there a various factors to consider. Generally the average Joe needs intervention from a priest because he himself is not pious. If your way works then God bless but my is to turn to God (if you are Christian this should be your way as well). For all you Christians out there I leave you with king James Bible Deut. 18:10-14 look it up.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
yungav:
Just curious (mind you this has nothing to do with your experience) where are you located in Kentucky? I hope that is not an intrusive question

My mom side of family is from there. We go for a family "homecoming" every summer. I LOVE the car ride and seeing where my family is from. I love Kentucky and meeting people from there.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
angelfeathers, exorcism or Exorcism is the same to me. I never once proboly never will) step in a chruch. I learn how to do one myself and seems to always work. If it doesn't I have many other ways to force a ghost back to where it came.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Regarding exorcism -- Zoajet, in Judeo-Christian culture, the term "Exorcism" is generally understood as a Roman Catholic ritual practice. I understand that you mean "exorcism" (with small "e") as a non-specific prayer ritual. I think terminology is where we're getting hung-up.

The problem is that in prescribing exorcism (small "e"), most Americans are going to think that they should perform an Exorcism (capital "E") themselves; and this could be dangerous if their religious faith is fragile. They could end up worsening the situation and/or destroying their belief system.

Further, Roman Catholic Exorcism (capital "E") must be prescribed by the Vatican, and thus, cannot be accomplished quickly. And some priests' faith will not support such an undertaking, as well. The prayer ritual must be performed with reliance on the Highest Power and not on the basis of one's own perceived power. It's a complicated issue. That's why we Christians generally recommend that people "pray." Prayer is asking for God's intercession and help. We're relying on him rather than our own efforts and fortitude.

Zoajet, you're obviously a kind-hearted person who means well and wants to help. I appreciate that. 😁

A.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
preacher1, an exocism can religion thing for some, but it doesn't have to. Exocism is just a old trick of protection. I not religious and I know how an exocism is done.
preacher1 (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
For some partial relief you can use an old native American remedy called smudging (this is not a permanent fix), which is where you burn sage and spread the smoke from it through all parts of the house (just because its in one room doesn't mean it can't hide in another). When ever a entity wants to harm you, you should take quick action. I'm not sure of your religion but an exorcism of a place may be appropriate but finding a priest to do it maybe hard, but at the very least you might be able to get a blessing of the house. If you are religious I would defiantly turn to daily prayer as well, especially when you feel this entity near.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Like I mention before, try an exocism and then put seals around the house so that if they try to return, they won't be able to. I study these things sense I was 6 and learnt more then most. For me, to get rid of unwanted things, I just do a sealing ritual.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Yungav, OK, you've convinced me! Unfortunately, sounds like you've got a problem. If you have a theocentric faith, I recommend praying -- whole-heartedly and outloud -- for protection and assistance in ridding yourself of this intrusion. If you don't have a belief system, praying isn't going to help, soooo -- you can try sage-smudging and/or incense. In a lot of cases, that seems to help for a while. Usually, it has to be redone from time-to-time. Also, if you're a young adult, some of this might be poltergeist activity brought on by your physiological/emotional state. It may lessen as you age.

Hope things get better soon!

A.
yungav (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
the orb was baseball size or maybe a lil bit bigger. I'm part cherokee so I'm not light skin. Lol. I know for a fact that hand was right over my side it scared me to where I was scared to sleep at my house for a couple weeks and ill never be able to get those sounds or that hand out of mind. We don't have a pet. I get that feeling a lot espcially when I got to goto the kitchen, my room, and the attic. I have never used a ouija board in my life
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
A couple of things to consider: (1) Re: disarrayed sofa cushions -- do you own a pet (dog or cat or ferret) that could have upset them? (2) Re: the banging on the bathroom door/red orb -- could this have been a sibling prank? Does your sister have a laser pointer? (3) Re: scratches on your back -- if you're fair-skinned, could they have been crease-marks from your sheets? (Believe it or not, I've seen my very-fair-skinned hubby, whom I affectionately call "Pinky," 😆 get these from time to time.)

I'm with Hobbyholly on this one. Something could be going on, but let's take a look at other possible causes first. Let cooler heads prevail; and if anything else happens, please keep us updated.

Blessings,
A.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
:sigh:

I don't think you need an exorcism. Lets not go THAT far, at least for now.

What happened to you in bed sounds like sleep paralysis. Not being able to move, hearing things... It can feel like 3-5 minutes when it reality it isn't. I don't know if you have read anything about it, but you might want to. I find a few things helpful in "preventing" this

1. Try to go to bed at the same time
2. Avoid caffeine or sugars before bed
3. Try sleeping on your sides. 9 times out of 10 when I sleep on my back, sleep paralysis sets in
4. If it SHOULD happen, stay calm. I know it is terrifying, but you will come out of it. Remember to breathe and afterwards maybe get a glass of water or just sit up and take deep breaths.

The couch cushions sound like poltergeist activity. As usual: do you know anything about the house/land? Has anyone else in the home seen anything?

Red Orbs: I don't know a lot about orbs, but I do know about vision problems. I'm not saying you have bad vision. Sometimes when leaving the shower and the bathroom lights are on, I see little "floaters". Were these orbs large? Have you seen them again?

Feeling like you're being watched: that could be paranoia given what you experienced, or you could have something in your home.

Sorry for such the long comment. Hope it was of some help.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
well Let start with the red orb. Orbs is a type of ghostly aura. Red means harm is to come. Did you use an ouija board at any time of your life? Have and exocism done and try to find seals. When you go to sleep try puting salt around your bed. Also have somthing that can record and when ever you see it or feel like your being watched, record it and when the feelings over, replay it so you can see if any spirtes try specking to you. One more thing, at any spot in your house do you feel like as if somthing is making you feel heavier or a sickish feeling?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: