You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Singing Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Singing Ghost

 

I had a job as a parking attendant once, and I wouldn't finish work until around 12:30-1:30am. Nothing unusual would happen at work. Instead it would happen on my drive home.

I would be pretty tired by the time my shift was over. I needed to find different things to keep my mind active so I wouldn't fall asleep as I drove. Most times I would turn on the radio and sing a bit wildly. There was one time that I actually had backup.

I was cruising along singing a song called Santeria, by Sublime. I was getting pretty into it and as I came upon the chorus I heard, from my back seat, an extra pair of vocals. It creeped me out but I didn't turn around, I just sat quietly waiting for the voice to start again. Nothing. Thinking it was my imagination I started singing again. "What I really want to know, my baby..." To my surprise, the other voice sang again too!

This time I sang a bit longer, making like I didn't hear it. I then stopped real abrupt in the middle of some lyrics. The voice continued on for another line all by its self. This time I knew it wasn't my imagination, and someone must have been in the car with me. I slowed down to a stop, turned on my cabin lights, and peered behind my seat. No one was there.

For the rest of the drive home I was completely awake and silent. I had no idea what had just happened or how to explain it.

My first experience with something inside my car with me but not my first experience with phantom voices.

Any other people had this occur to you?

Other hauntings by 4d

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
sistina, Jennifer40, and k_c, thank you for commenting and sharing your experiences as well! 😊 Excluding sistina's story, it really isn't a frightening experience, it just happens at a really random time which would cause one to try to wrap their head around what just happened! 😨 Whistling, chanting, such mundane things until placed in an unusual setting.

Mahalo for sharing, 4d
k_c (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
I have only heard chanting and marching before when I was camping at Baby Makapu'u. I know what it was but at the moment I was so freaked to admit it. It was the Night Marchers.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Years ago I worked at an old mill building that used to make wool blankets during the Civil War. It of course now was turned into office buildings. I always felt like there were spirits there. One day I was heading home in my car and I could hear whistling coming from the back seat! I immediately turned around and there was no one there. I always wondered if one of the spirits there decided to come for a ride. It scared the absolute crap out of me! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer ❤
sistina (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
That happened to my sister... In MY room a young woman singing along with her to Jack johnson... She ran out and came back and SAW a young woman floating outside our Two story window... The girl Made fun of my sisters fear..."oh you gotta run to your big sister?... "open the window and I'll come right in!"...several people in my family have seen her sometimes as a 5 year old child sometimes a young woman... I researched our area... The house is new... I think I know who she is though I could never find her name... Anyhow they sing Good tunes!
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
Hopkirk90,
Thank you so much for your response! 😁 That is just such a wonderful story, I appreciate you sharing with me. Take care, Aloha - 4d.
Hopkirk90 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
I just wished for a spirit to visit me. I was feeling very down at the time. He always keeps me company now and also gets along well with my spirit guide. I am rather psychic, so I think this helped me contact him initially. It is unusual, but he also likes to watch old programmes on television when my mum watches them. He watches things from the late 60s (He was alive in the 1960s). He doesn't sing as much as he used to, probably because he knows it keeps me awake at night. However, I am a heavy sleeper, so I may not notice nowadays 😆.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
That's very interesting! 😁 How did you go about contacting him? I wonder if he will sing if or when you feel blue once again... Not that I want you to feel sad 😜 Thanks for your comments! Hope to hear your reply soon, aloha - 4d
Hopkirk90 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
I have also experienced a singing ghost. Well, he's actually a spirit but anyhow. He was an actor, very musically inclined and he can sing. It is an odd sound though, as if it is travelling through something; like a filter.
I called upon him in late 2006 when I was feeling sad. It was one of the first times one of my wishes had been answered 😁.
He used to sing at night too, often downstairs. He hasn't done it for a while actually (I know he's still around me though).😳
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
zoajet,
I'm thrilled you had witnesses! I unfortunately did not... 😢

Saurian89,
Never thought it could be that, thanks!

Rhodes68,
Yeah! I guess it could have been a lot more sinister. It was indeed a nice accompaniment. Not like it was teasing.

Raingrl01,
Thanks for the reply. I too felt like I was hearing things, until I challenged it.

Cracklepaint,
The car was a hand me down from my uncle who in fact was the original owner. That was the only time that had happened though. Unreal story about your friend!

Thank you all for your replies. I've been real busy lately and haven't had a chance to respond to you until now. Thanks for your patience. Aloha- ❤ 4d
cracklepaint (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
where did you get the car from?

I knew a guy once who got a real nice car really cheap.

But it was a 7 hour drive to collect the car and a 7 hour drive back.

So this guy is driving his nice new 2nd hand
Merc back and about 5 hours into the drive at about 2 in the morning he looks to his left and sees a man in the passanger seat.

Turns out the car was in an accident and people died in it.

Thats why it was so cheap 😊
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
This is a great encounter. Fun. Sometimes I think I hear someone singing with me in my car when I am alone, usually at night, but then I think, no, it's all in my head. So your story is great for me to hear. 😊 It makes me feel better. Thanks for telling it. ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
I really liked your encounter 4d and to be absolutely honest I had a good laugh when I read how you tried to "frame" the voice!

I wish I was that courageous when I heard someone singing on my bedside!

I can only say it was a random visit since a guardian would have made their presence known more than once.

You sure had a happy passenger along though-it's very conforting to know that even when we transcend from our human body, there are some memories we still cherish and a few tunes we like to sing!
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
So by what you wrote Saurian8 it seems you had somthing like this happen to you?
Saurian89 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
It may have been a banshie (singing phantom.)
But, to tell you the truth, I'm not surprised that happened.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Yea, somthing like this happen to me but at school. I was telling the class about what my project was about and after like 3 minutes from talking, I took a few quetions and start specking again but another voice that was not form any class mates was saying evey thing I was saying. Basicly mimicing me. It was a girl voice that sounded like one of those japanese polite girl in school. Sofe not too loaud voice. Let me tell you, I wasn't scared but annored but I wish I could say the same to my classmates. (some of then even ran out screaming "ghostes are here!")

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: