You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It Ruled the House

Real Ghost Stories

It Ruled the House

 

As a young boy my family and I traveled frequently from Australia to New Zealand due to our Father's work commitments. One of the homes we rented was in Remuera, Auckland. At least six months into the lease, there was increased tension with my parents... Fighting constantly. One night the three of us kids were home alone playing hide and seek when we heard our parents knocking at the front door. My sister went to open the door but she couldn't. Some force was preventing him to enter. Dad thought we were tricking him and began screaming at us, threatening punishment. Hysterically Mum put her hand on the handle and the door opened instantly. From then on a long series of weekly events happened. Flowers pots turned upside down, objects disappeared, light switches turned on and off and more scarily fresh cuts would mysteriously appear on dad's forehead.

We ended the lease before it destroyed the family. I'm sure "IT" had followed us over the years as too many other unexplained things have happened.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Dear James,

It seems you have a more powerful entity than a poltergeist, a demon perhaps. Demons are fond of creating discomfort, chaos, sadness, pain, suffering and many other negative things among people as to appease its dark superiors. I advise you to pray for the healing of past wounds.

Great story, I will certainly add this to my favourites.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
That's strange that is really weird. 😐 you should read my stories on psychic experience website my name is Katie on there. 😊
katie and dakota (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
I think what ever it was ,was scared of your dad or it didn't like you. One of the two.
katie
thats really strange and creepy. I would be really scared out of my witts. But I liked it alot.
dakota
JasonGunn45 (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
That sounds like an aggresive poltergeist.
Do you know anything about your homes histery, who owned it before, ect. Either that or one of your parents are pullimg somthing.
Frenchie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
Maybe the 'thing' was after your Dad or didn't like his behavior so it might have picked on him...?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: