You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Old Routines... After Death

Real Ghost Stories

Old Routines... After Death

 

This story is about my Uncle Edward who passed in June 2006.

My uncle was a humble, yet fussy man. He was the average Australian, heavy drinker, cussing and such. He was very sick with bowl cancer and he was told he didn't have long to live. One June morning, I awoke to a phone call informing me that my uncle had died. This was quite a shock to us. Although we could tell the end was coming soon, we didn't expect THAT soon. Unfortunately, He had a heart attack in his sleep and died in his home next to my Aunt.

My Aunt was distressed so we offered to stay the night. The house was full of guests so my mother and I slept in the living room. During the night, I awoke to the loud footsteps of a person about 3 meters away from me. It was dark so I couldn't tell if anyone was there. I knew it wasn't my mother because I could hear her loud snoring. I checked my digital clock and it read 1:09. I thought I was dreaming and thought nothing of it. As I was trying to get back to sleep, I heard heavy breathing and low whispers. It was obviously from a male or a woman with a very-very low voice. But, there were only females in the house.

When I awoke, my other aunt was also distressed. She had told me that when she went to the bathroom at about 4am last night, she heard the washing drying machine shut and start. We were all worried because my Uncle always roamed around the house at that time to dry off his pajamas. (He used to sweat whilst sleeping). We all confirmed that none of us went to the dryer at that time.

My aunt (the wife of my uncle) also had a dream of him. The dream was that he was telling her that he will always be with her.

Is he trying to contact her? Comments would be appreciated.

Other hauntings by GlazeJonas

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GlazeJonas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aeropostale (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Personally, I do think he is just trying to stay with you guys as long as he can.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Could be that what is happening is nothing more than residual haunting. On the other hand it could be your uncle letting your aunt know that he is still around and looking after her. In a highly emotional time many things seem weird. To me he was blessed with dying from a heart attack than lingering with cancer but that's just me. I am sure as his wife adjusts to her situation your uncle will be able to move on without concern.
GlazeJonas (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
dear zoajet, bluegirl0506 and confused. Thankyou dearly for your comments. I appreciate it.
God bless.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Yes, your Uncle is still around. I had a similar experience after my grandfather died.
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
It does sound like your Grandfather is still around, watching out for your aunt!
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
your grandfather is trying to tell you that he is there and always be looking out for you and your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: