You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It My Dad?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Dad?

 

This happened to me when I was about 4 years old on Christmas day.

As with most 4 year olds Christmas is the best time of the year, however this particular Christmas is one that ill always remember.

I went to bed really excited on Christmas Eve looking forward to waking up the next morning. When I did wake up the next morning I turned over in my bed. I had a table in my room, and sat on top of the table was my 'dad'.

The thing I saw was the spitting image of my dad. My parents were divorced at the time; however my dad always slept over at Christmas time. I was shocked to see my 'dad' sat on my table smiling at me, and saying 'merry Christmas sweetie-pie' so I got up out of bed and said merry Christmas, I went over to him to give him a hug, and as I put my arms around him, he vanished.

At 4 years of age I was really confused and scared and thought to myself why has my dad just disappeared and felt scared. I went down stairs to see if my mum was up and when I got down stairs lying fast asleep on the couch was my dad, I was terrified I wondered how he was in my room when he was asleep downstairs. But the fact that the 'image' of him in my room faded was the most frightening of all.

I have talked to some friends and family who are really big believers in spirits and supernatural experience and some suggested maybe my dad had an outer- body experience and I saw the image of his spirit. Others have said maybe it is somebody close to me who died and didn't want to frighten me so they took an image of the person who I turn to when I am scared.

My dad's dad died before I was born and my aunty showed me a picture from when he was younger and he looked very much like my dad. She believed that he was watching over me and was there that morning when I woke up on Christmas day.

I am really interested in what people think of this and if anyone wishes to write a comment feel free too.

But since that day I have wondered... Was it my granddad or was my dad having an outer body experience?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashleexloux, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

willowluver (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
I had the exact same experience! I was about 7 or 8 years old and I woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and seen a solid vision of my dad in my bedroom. He wasn't looking at me he was just standing there juggling with the air but he wasn't smiling and he wasn't angry either. I pinched my self plenty of times!, and I tried talking to it but it didn't reply so I tried walking through the figure but there was nothing there but air. My mum and my dad were sleeping next door. It was in my bedroom all night. It didn't say anything either, it just moved its hands up and down as if it was juggling. So I just faced the wall and fell asleep. I have never seen it again since.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
I would say a visit from grandpa. Sounds like even though your parents were divorced they still had a good relationship. It takes really mature people to find harmony when divorce happens. Sound like your parents care very much how it effected you. Maybe you just are sensitive enough to have seen something most of us will never see.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
It sounds more likely to me that it was your grandfather appearing to you. However, I guess this is all left up to interpretation.

I will tell you the reason I believe it was your grandfather appearing to you. Your father's spirit had no reason to reach out to you if he would be seeing you as soon as he woke up.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
most of the time a spirit is seen where they already dead. I would have to say your grandfather.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: