You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Night Time Visits

Real Ghost Stories

Night Time Visits

 

To make this story make sense, I have to give you some background information first. I live in Tennessee now, but when I was six, my mom and I moved to Holland to be with my stepdad and his family. During the first year in Holland, we lived with my stepdad's mom and dad. Their house, though it has been renovated many times, has stood on the same property for 300 years, and during World War Two, the dinning room was used to "store" dead German soldiers in coffins until they could be buried.

We moved in to my grandparents' house in 1998. The room I was given was at the top of the stairs. At night, I would hear heavy footsteps walk all the way up the stairs and down the hallway past my room, and then just stop. Sometimes, if I slept with my door open, I would wake to the sound of the footsteps entering my room; they seemed to stop right at the foot of my bed. I remember one night I decided to see what was in the hallway. As the footsteps started coming up the stairs I crept out of bed and to my bedroom door. I opened the door and looked down the stairs and the hallway, but nobody was there.

Also, when watching television in the living room, I often saw something in the corner of my eye walk by the doorway to the next room over. One night my stepdad and I were watching a movie, and about half way through the movie I started seeing movement in the other room. My stepdad said that I looked terrible and asked what was wrong. When I told him what I was seeing, he told me that he had seen it since he was younger than I currently was. He told me that the room was his grandpa's favorite room in the house, and that when he died he must have returned to that room.

We moved out of my grandparents' house in 1999. We bought a house about one kilometer away from my grandparent. Again, my room was situated right at the top of the stairs. I had a lot of things happen to me in that house. For one, I believe that I saw my grandpa standing in my door way 3 days after he died. It happened like this: It was the day of my grandpa's funeral, and I remember being very emotional. After the funeral I went strait home and went to bed; I woke up in the middle of the night and something told me to sit up and look at my doorway. There, in my door way I saw a figure which matched my grandpa's shape exactly. It stayed there for about one minute and then slowly faded away. I know I was not dreaming, and it was not a trick being played on my eyes. (I had slept with my bedroom door open and kept the light in the bathroom, which was directly across from my room, on at night. The figure completely blocked out the light.

Shortly after moving into our third house in 2001, my bed started shaking violently at night. I would wake up around midnight feeling extreme tension in my legs. A few seconds after waking up, my bed would start shaking... Slightly at first, but it quickly grew in intensity. It got to the point that I was terrified to be in my room alone. I started to sleep on the couch, but that did not stop it. I would still wake up to shaking. Even after we moved back to the United States, my bed would shake at night. My bed stopped shaking in the summer of 2007. I felt that this was significant because that is also when I started reading bits of the bible, and started praying before I went to sleep.

Other hauntings by Confused

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Confused, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
thank you for your input hauntedexpress, I'll keep an eye out for any such traits.
hauntedexpress (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
I feel that you and you're grandpa were close. Make note of any traits that you've picked up e.g. Drawing or fishing because when my grandma died I started drawing 2 days after and I was quite good. If you were haunted in every house you might need to do some meditation, it said to clear the mind.
hauntedexpress (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
You are kind of experiencing what I'm feeling of the spirits being calm, to being more out of control and they follow you throgh your whole life. You'll start to scence them in your everyday life if you do not seek councelling for your troubles.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Hi, that was a real good story. It was nice a scary also. Hope to hear again from you soon. 😊
GIRLIE 😁
Demonologist13 (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Hello Confused. You seem to be level headed and not really confused. [Smile]
At what times does the shaking wake you up? Is it at the same time each night? You could get some Holy salt and sprinkle it under and around the bed. The blessing for Holy Salt specifically mentions driving away unholy spirits.

Pray and ask Christ to bless your time of rest and that He would seal your room to all demonic activity.

You can also try praying the Lord's Prayer when the bed starts shaking.

Peace be with you. 😁
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
thanks for your comment Katie. And, don't worry about sounding like a broken record, what you said makes a lot of sense 😉
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Hi confused
Thanks for sharing your story, like I had told many other people on here and sorry if I seem like a broken record but your grandfather probably did come back to say goodbye, you mentioned you were very sad the day of his funeral he probably wanted you to know everything was alright and that he would still be around.
As for the shaking of the bed, hmm that is always a scary way to wake up. But at least it has stopped.

Much Peace
Katie
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
I too might think that hormones or teen poltergeist activity was to blame, but most of this took place well before I was even close to being a teenager.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
I would say teen harmones too if not for the fact that your dad experienced seeing the apparition too. You have verification with his input. The bed shaking now that could be hormonal. I think all of us as teens experienced that sort of thing. Why it takes the form of bed shaking, feeling someone is sitting down on your bed, or even when it seems the bed is going up and down with your own breathing pattern, I think may be a hormonal thing. Through paranormal research they have learned that most poltergeist activity is the unbridled energy of teenagers not spirits. While I believe this to be true there are exceptions to every rule. Some people are just sensitive. How they deal with the gift/curse is up to them.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Thanks for your comment rhodes68, not much has happened to me since I was about 14. But, every now and then I have some experiences which are just plain unexplainable.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
Confused hello and thank you for sharing your experience which I trully enjoyed mainly because it sounded so sincere!

I know for a fact that when people or even better children are sensitive they can pick up energies wherever they go.

They sometimes don't have to be in a haunted place or area to pick up these energies. Instead they function as magnets attracting them which is what I think is happening with you.

Still, despite the occurences in Holland that were obviously related to an external factor... A deceased individual or many for that matter, I think the shaking of your bed and the fact that the closer you got to your teen years the more intense it became has to be related to "poltergeist".

I've said it many times in the past and I'll say it again that although many people believe that poltergeist is the kind of phenomena that are "produced" by the individual (in this case you) and that these phenomena become more pronounced when that individual experiences stress, I personally agree with the opposing group who insist that poltergeist is not simply the manifestations of a person's psyche. I believe they DO involve the presense of an external energy/spirit.

How are things for you now?
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
oh then that make sense. Lol but not with the other happenings in your house.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
I am pretty sure that it was my grandpa, something I forgot to mention in my story makes me say that. My stepdad told us two days later that he had seen my grandpa standing in his doorway at night. Also, I had a sense of joy, not fear.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
sounds like you have a violent ghost in your house. It took form of you grandfather to trick you. I fingure it try to scear you to porsesse you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: