You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Am I Crazy?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Crazy?

 

Ten years ago when I was 13, I believed I had a paranormal experience. I was sleeping in my bedroom which I shared with my younger brother who was 9 at the time. I remember waking up at 2:45 for no reason then starring at the alarm clock trying to get back to sleep. As I sat up from my bed and looked towards my brother's bed I heard the floors creak right outside the bedroom doors.

I remember turning my head and shifting my attention towards the door only to catch it swing open with a dark figure standing in the door way. I was terrified, I turned towards my little brother to yell for him to wake up, but to no avail because no sound was coming from my mouth, the dark figure then sat down at the foot of my bed forcing me down with heavy weight and pressure on my body. I began to toss and turn, and finally with all me strength I was able to squeak out a cry for help. The dark shadowy figure dissipated and I was free.

I turned on the lights and slept with them on for about 3 months and to this day still have goose bumps telling this story.

Please do not criticize this story as being false, I do not have a sleep disorder, and it was not a dream. I still remember it like it happened yesterday. The address I was living at, at the time: 391 Jessamine Ave. Saint Paul, MN

Other hauntings by phear_xiong

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phear_xiong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kxiong123 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-22)
They're ghost who takes your energy. In my language we call it dab tsog. In English they call it the old had. This is very real
touyanakasone (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
... That's eerie. I personally live in Australia, and I have experienced the EXACT same thing. Eerier yet, is that it happened maybe... 5 years ago? When I was about 14. And I didn't even remember it until your story jogged my memory. I've remembered so many other 'paranormal' experiences I've had over the years, I didn't think I'd forgotten anything... I wonder if there's anything else I've forgotten.
MiguelR3 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Wow that's odd.
I use to live on 77th Jessamine Ave near a graveyard and had close in counters with the good and evil.
ther (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
OH MY GOSH! I use to live on 1333 Jasemine ave. St paul, MN the same street and I have the same experience too. This is scary, Lucky I got a new house. They said it usaully happened with very old house.
mai05 (6 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
I believe you. I had this happen to me too. I just wrote mine~ Man who whispered in my ears. God bless. Pray every night and ask your angels to protect you.
God bless~
Mai ❤
Littlebunny123 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
Ever since I was young I have had these things happen to me. Did you ever feel alone, like you couldn't tell anyone or they'll think that you are crazy, well now I don't care what anybody thinks because I found this website where these things happen to not just me and some stories I can relate to.
schul365 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
your not crazy at all. When I was younger I was laying in bed and the motion night light in the hall way went on. I didn't hear anything but I waited for it to go off and once it went off I saw a dark figure that looked like I man just stairing me down. I wasn't able to say anything at all. I threw something at the light switch to turn on the lights and then I ran around my house with a metal bat looking for the figure. This has happened 3 times to me but it hasnt happened recently at all
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Your definitely not crazy, and don't let others say you are. You felt a ghost hold you down and you were unable to talk, this is very common.
UnknownEvil (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
for sure your not crazy no body is it just people don't believe you they think that you want attention or somthing like that anyway I didn't post my story yet I just don't have any idea how to write it perfectley... So ill post it few days later... Hope you feel safe now... GOD BLESS YOU...!
BabyK (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
wow I totally don't think you are crazy at all. My mom had an experience a lot like that.
Where something was pressing her down, but she coulnt toss and turn as you did.
That must have been horrifying.
I hope things have improved from then 😊
slashes86 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
You are not crazy. I've had similar experiences and some people would try to tell me it's just night terrors. If someone tell you that don't believe it because that's just ignoring the problem therefore, it will not get eny better. If you believe in God, pray for it to leave you in the name of the Lord. That's what I do and it seems to help.
hauntedexpress (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
It's very coming for a dark presence to enter a bedroom, but it mainly preys on the young minded. The figure most likely saw you as an obstacle. I first experienced something like that when I was a baby where a figure appears over my cot and it even makes contact. That though, was death. So be careful what you see. It can be a curse
BlueSRT4 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
You are not crazy, as I had a similar experience that I wrote about on here about the same thing, and same figure. It's called "Dark Figure of a Boy" if you wondering if anyone has experienced the samething you have. I don't blame you for sleeping with the lights on for so long, I slept with my brother for almost 2 years because of how terrified I was of seeing a dark figure in my house constantly. I can't explain why it targets us or why it chooses us to show itself too, but have you seen it since that incident?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Hi, wow that is scary to have that happen to you. Man I would be freak out like you. 😲
GIRLIE 😉
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
I posted a storie like your's a while ago. A shadowy figure just appearing from nowhere then comes touches you and fades away. Most think my story was just a "trick of the mind" but I believe you.
freaky_deaky (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
people say most paranormal things happen around 3 in the morning. It could have been sleep paralysis.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Heyy no issues, I had a very similar experience and it is the second story I posted on this site. This happens to many people and is the most common form of paranormal experiences. It would be a lost soul desperate in having sex. I wasn't able to shout for help nor was I able to move but I escaped. Try reading the story. Faith will help you overcome this. Take Care.
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
WOW! My mom has had an experience like this as well. She was terrified and it is a very powerless feeling. I have had several dreams like this. Thank goodness I was dreaming, unlike you.
cracklepaint (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
there seem to be many cases of this nature.

I wonder what they are or what they're trying to do.
Truthful_Camilla (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
I've had such an encounter before. I totally believe what you said. But frankly speakin there're no ghosts. Your story can be true but it must just be some kind of hallucination don't you think?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Classic sleep paralysis to my way of thinking. I could be wrong. I didn't experience what you did. To me, unless something happens while alert it's hard to consider it viable. Being really awake and thinking one is awake is the dichotomy.It's like you are having a waking dream. When it comes to phenomenon while in bed I am always very skeptical.
DneveRinaldo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
I had a few things like that happen to me and I still do have it go on everynight until this day I'm so used to it. I would wake up at same time every night 3:45 am I would hear things move around, I would see shadow people walking by all the time But I'm not afraid of the things that can't hurt you, I don't think spirits would hurt you in anyway, but there are demons out there that would and demons work with devil I would just pray and the lord will take care of you (( (I promise)) ) 😊
amberx3robert (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
I had a similar experience. When I was 16 I came home after a vacation in Spain. I remember waking up and looking at my clock. It was almost 6:30am so I tried closing my eyes to go back to sleep. Then I felt pressure on my bed like someone had sat down beside me. Then I felt something climb on top of me holding me down. I couldn't breathe and, like you, I couldn't scream for help. I heard my parent's alarm clock go off and finally I was able to let out what sounded like a scream in my head, but apparently it wasn't that loud to everyone else. Then I felt whatever it was climb off of me and I felt it get out of my bed. It's been 11 years and I will never forget the way I felt.
Dragoness (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
Your not crazy. Sounds more like a passing demon to me. Did it ever happen again?
Samie (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
I believe you 100% and I pray this to never happen again. I will post my stories when it opens. And thanks for telling.

Your hunting,
Samie
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
That is scary for any child! You are not crazy and I believe you are not making this up...

Much Peace Katie
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
You're not crazy!
Thats a really terrifying experience. Is that your only experience?
If you have more, I'd love to hear them.
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
If you were sleeping on your back then it could be some sort of paralysis sleep disorder relating towards your spine, it can be temporary.

Happens all the time to my younger brother hes 19 years of age

He usually has to fight off 2 dark figures during this state.

This usually happens when he sleeps on his back but never happens when he sleeps on his side, my bro gets freaked abit, but its in our blood for us males to be brave.

My bro is use to it and he doesn't really care, it just annoys him since we all need sleep.
This has also occured towards my older sister whos terrified of ghosts, I don't if she still afraid of them I just pray that she over comes her fear.

As in my-self ghosts don't really exist, but I do know demons exist.

So if you see a demon some time Just call Jesus who's there for us 24/7

Here is a verse from the bible

"Call to me, and I will answer you; I will tell you wonderful and marvelous things." (Jeremiah 33: 3)
phear_xiong (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
Thanks for the support. Growing up at this address I always felt like somebody was always watching and around me. There was a lot of weird stuff that happen there, I will post more up later.
CameronKanik (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
holy crap... I would keep the lights on for 3 years. I'm alway's scared right before I go to sleep cos' I always feel like something or a dead someone is watching me. 😨 I'm 14 too. It scares the crap outta me

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: