You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Child's Cry

Real Ghost Stories

A Child's Cry

 

The haunting in my parents' house started when I was thirteen.

I woke up one morning and went to the kitchen to eat breakfast and my mom was sitting, just staring, and the kitchen table. I could sense something was bothering her, so we started talking about what we were going to do that day and eventually she told me what the matter was.

She told me that morning she had gotten up early and was washing clothes in the laundry room. At the back of the laundry room was the dryer and she stood there folding clothes. She said she started feeling sick and could feel someone standing in the doorway behind her. She didn't turn to see who was there but continued folding clothes and then she heard crying, a child's cry. She turned to look thinking it was me or one of my younger brothers up from a bad dream, but there was no one there, and the crying continued.

She said she could look at the exact point the crying was coming from and it started to move away from her, going in the dining room. She followed the crying and it continued to move, out of the dining room and into the living room, from the living room in to the hallway until it faded away.

She was left standing there thinking she was going crazy, with the sick, sinking feeling still fresh in her abdomen. I believed her.

I was shocked she would tell me such a thing, because my mom was always very level headed and never talked of such things, as spirits or ghosts. From then on, my mother and I and my youngest brother would experience many odder, unexplainable things.

Other hauntings by bluegirl0506

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluegirl0506, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CountryGirl400 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
Thanks for the story. If you don't mind, you should share everthing else that happens to you guys. ❤
slfew1 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
The sound of a crying child seens to happen a lot. I've heard a lot of crying baby's and there not be one crying baby in the house but at the times of the noises there had either been a death of the baby in the family or in the house but you said there is more... What else happens?
kanimozhi (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
hi I like to research about ghost... I want to to know about the black eyes ghost... Can anyone please tell me about them...
julez_c (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
its interesting but scary at same time... Some of these noises are people who passed on. I never quit figured out why they stay around or what happen. But I have storie like this. I was staying at my friends house which used to be her sister delens house before she passed. Nywho... One night I got up around 12 at night... I was tryna close my eyes but then I heard someone crying soft with breathing coming from dark corner by a room. I tryed to wake up my friend but she would wake up so I ignored it an went to sleep hoping it would bother me.
Tracker337 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Thanks for the story, it gave me the chills. There's nothing scarier than child/baby related stories.
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Hmm... I asked around to my neighbors if they had known anyone or anything happening on the land around our house and they said all they could think of was that they found a grave of a soldier (don't know which war) on the playground in the neighborhood that is right behind my house.
Nothing about children. But there has been a male presence which I have not yet written about which seemed to be attached to me somehow in my parent's house.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Since the house you lived in was newly constructed, anything residual would likely be tied to the land it stands on, at least to the best of my (little) knowledge.

The answers--if indeed there are any--would lie in finding out what was originally on the site.

For what it's worth, I keep getting the feeling that a child was buried in an unmarked grave.
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Blank: I moved into the house when I was 5, and moved out when I was 18. The house was newly built and had been then maybe not even a year when my parents and I moved in. The thing is if it was newly built and the haunting started when I was thirteen, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Girlie: A boby? You mean a baby? We have this plastic like tile stuff in the laundry room so it's not easily removed. And my dad doesn't believe in what my mom, me or my brother hears or see, supernatural. He's just not into that stuff.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Heyy for how many years have you been staying at this house. Try doing some ground work finding out who were staying there before and you'll come to hear a lot of stories. Guess the cry of the child was the start of all the incidents. If your'e little brave you can get an answer all by yourself. Please do post the other incidents and keep us posted of what happens next. Take Care.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Hi, all I can say it looked under the floor boards and see if there is a boby there. Not to scare you or anything but the crying girl could have been an unrested soul, so she tryed to tell your mom where she was so she could rest.
You never know.
GIRLIE 😊
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Thank you for reading, Shypo. I have added another story today but it has not been submitted on the site yet. I have had many different experiences. I will post as many I as I can recall. Have a wonderful day, Shypo.
shypo (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Share more stories please. Sounds like you may have had many different things happen there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: