You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Voice At The End Of The Hall

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice At The End Of The Hall

 

My brothers and I were repelled from my parents room, which was at the end of the hall, it always felt darker and more closed in than the rest of the house. We ran from it after shutting the door, the hair standing up on the back of our necks. Devin, the older of the two, denied his fear of mom and dad's room. But one day he could not deny it any longer.

Devin, Cameron and I were playing in the hallway one day. I would say I was about fourteen; Devin was 7 and Cameron 6. It was a sunny day and the windows were up and the sun shining through, ghosts far from mine and Cameron's minds. My parent's bedroom door was slightly open and you could see sunlight spilling through one of the two windows onto the floor. Both of my parents were at work at the time so we were doing whatever we pleased.

Devin had just asked me a question, about what was vanquished from my mind when I heard a man's deep voice come from my parents room and say one, single word. In that very moment I knew what he'd said and the goose bumps popped up all over my body at light speed, quickly looking at my brothers, who'd stopped in mid-movement, eyes wide. Devin's eyes were as round as quarters and Cameron and I looked at him knowing that he now knew, that, we in a way, had proof to proving the things we'd talked about seeing and hearing that they were not figments of our imaginations. You could tell in that moment he believed. Devin shot up from the floor and bolted from the hall screaming, Cameron and I on his heels. We sat in the living room out of breath and not saying a word, listening for whatever it was that had spoken from my parent's room.

Devin finally spoke, breaking the heavy silence, "What was that? And what did it say?" I could not recall for the life of me what the voice had said to us, and I wrack my memory at least once a week trying to think of what it could have been.

This is one of the first voices I heard. But the last Devin ever experienced. He will not speak of the event again, and denies the voice he heard.

Other hauntings by bluegirl0506

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluegirl0506, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gggirl9809 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
hey I've had something like that happen to me Kwazimoto. When I was 9 or 10, me and my brother where home alone, my mom had just left to go to work, and she told us to clean our rooms so we were. 10 minutes after she left he came into my room and said " jianna what do you want?" I said " what do you mean?" then he said" did you not just call my name?" and I was like" no." then he walked away.
Like 20 minutes after that he came back in and asked me the same thing and I told him the same thing so he walked away.
So as a joke I walked into his room and asked him why did he call my name and he said he didn't and I said "yeah whatever" and walked into my room and he followed me talking. When he stopped there was this eire silence and then, I heard my name in my mothers voice. My brother later told me I went pale. After I heard that I looked at my brother and asked him if he heard that and he said yes. We both ran downstairs thinking my mom was home, and nobody was there. I will never forget this and I think he won't either.
Kwazimoto (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
It's possible the word you heard was your name, and that maybe each of you heard your own name.

A long time ago (I was perhaps 10 years old, and I'm 40 now) I went camping with my family by a river. I'm a very strong swimmer and used to love swimming to the bottom of the river - about 10-feet at the deepest point - where I'd pick up rocks and bring them to the surface.

One time I was at the bottom of the river when I heard someone call my name. Just the once, but I knew it was my name just like you all know your own names. I popped back up to the surface then swam to the river bank to ask my mother (my father & sisters had gone for a walk) what she wanted.

My mother looked up from her magazine and asked what I meant. I told her I'd heard her call my name, and she said she hadn't. Puzzled, wondering if she was playing a trick on me, but not concerned I returned to the river and my swimming.

It never occurred to me until years later how it was possible for me to have heard my name said so clearly while under 10 feet of water. Sound does travel remarkably well through water (whales many miles apart can still communicate with one another), but while someone speaking above the surface of a pool can be heard by someone under the water, they cannot be heard clearly. That is you can hear them speaking but it's very difficult to make out particular words. And yet I had heard a lady say my name very clearly, although as if from a great distance away, and this is why I assumed it was my mother calling out to me because she was lounging & reading on the river bank.

Not too long ago while having after-dinner coffee with friends we swapped ghost stories, and when I recounted this tale one girlfriend said she'd experienced a very similar incident. She said that as she lay down to sleep in her single-bedroom apartment (meaning she was the sole occupant) she heard a voice whisper her name in her ear. She said it was clearly her name, and she has an unusual name but like I said when you hear your own name you know it. She said it was just a whisper but it clearly said her name and she sat bolt upright and turned on her bedside light, then she turned on every single light in her apartment but of course she was alone. She said when she finally went to sleep that night it was with every light in her apartment still turned on.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-25)
HI bluegirl0506, it ok if you don't remember. I usally don't remeber what I did last Saturday. Hey,... What did I do last Saturday.
GIRLIE 😕
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
Zoajet, did you ever find out what those words mean? I don't know any other laguage except a couple phrases in spanish.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I also heard a weird voice. But it kept saying these words, "kur nisno ligua deqir mushia"
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I don't remember. When my brothers and I got to the living room, I couldn't think for the life of me what the voice had said. I try to remember but can't. 😕
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Uhhh. I liked it but what did the voice say. You never told us. Or was it not clear enough to understand?
GIRLIE 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: