You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Breeze

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Breeze

 

I am 23, years old now and living in Las Vegas. When this story took place I was about 13 or 14 and living in Virginia. My Aunt before she built her current home lived on her husband's mothers land. She owned a beautiful old mansion on a farm of at least 100 acres. My aunt and uncle lived in a cottage near the main house.

They have two children who I would often babysit, while my aunt and uncle went out. This particular incident happened when I was babysitting for them. It was around 6:00 in the evening. I had just given my cousins dinner and they were watching TV in their living room.

The cottage they lived in was a one storey house with a small basement. The entrance leads into a hall with a bathroom at the end and the living room and their bedroom to the left and right. I was cleaning up in the kitchen which is at the end of the hall and just to the left of the bathroom. I could hear the TV in the background, but it was still pretty quiet for the most part. As I was busy doing whatever in the kitchen, I heard some magazines fall in the bathroom. I do not believe this was due to anything paranormal, they simply shifted and fell... What happened next was not so easily explained.

I heard the magazines fall, so I went into the bathroom to pick them up. The bathroom is small with the toilet directly in front of you when you walk in, and the shower and sink are to both sides of it. There is a small window that is never opened, I'm not sure it would even open very easily. The magazine rack is next to the toilet. Magazines had fallen when I went in the bathroom, as I was leaning over, with my back to the door, I suddenly felt a strong breeze blowing on my back and at the same time the door to the bathroom slammed shut, the door opens into the bathroom, the wind should have blown it against the wall, not the opposite way! I bolted up so fast and just stood there for a minute, trying to figure it out. It was very strange. My cousin's were still busy watching TV, they did not feel any strange breezes that seemed to come from nowhere, I still can't figure it out.

In this same old house my aunt has heard a strange noise coming form her kids baby monitors that sounded like an old milking machine. She went into her son's bedroom and could hear nothing. Very weird, especially since the farm used to be a dairy farm!

Other hauntings by cbcorysgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cbcorysgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
The breez could have been residual energy coming off of anything that is in your house if any. I have breezes in my home, but I know my house has entities in it, bad ones too, but I don't mind them. I have learned spirits energy can be felt and seen as many things. That could have been it
cbcorysgirl (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I am very rational, there were no windows or doors open anywhere. I asked my cousins if they knew why the door would blow shut, they said no, I left it at that because they were young and I didn't want to scare them for nothing. What is so weird is that the door shut at the same time I felt the breeze, I'm sure it was just a draft, but from where?
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Well the aunt thing may of been a ghost. The breeze on the other hand could be simple. No matter if a window is open near the room and the door is open a certain way, that could make this happen.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: