You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Caught Between Two Worlds

Real Ghost Stories

Caught Between Two Worlds

 

This story is really hard for me to write about, but I think I have to.

My friend John and me were walking around my neighbourhood about a week ago, just talking as good friends do, when I had this strangest feeling come over me. I got dizzy, and turned to john to ask if we could go back to my house, but when I turned to him, he wasn't moving. It was as if everything was slowed down. I was so confused.

Then out of nowhere I heard this voice in my head.

"Somone you know will be caught between your world and mine"

I shook my head and blinked thinking I was just loosing it, and when I opened my eyes john was talking and walking like nothing even happened. I asked if he felt ok.

"Yea man"

I was a little freaked out.

After almost ten more minutes of walking we arrived back at my house. By this time he had to go home, so I gave him a friendly hug and went on inside. It was about 8:00pm and I was really tired so I went up into my room. I showered and went to bed.

I woke up around 2:54 sweating, with that same feeling as before. I looked around my dark room, but saw nothing, but then I heard something that freaked me out. I heard a car screech loudly, then a gunshot, then a scream. I was shaking by this point, so I ran downstairs threw open the door, and saw nothing. I thought that to be impossible because it sounded like it was right outside. Not seeing what I heard scared me to death. I ran back upstairs, flew into bed and closed my eyes tight, holding my ears.

The next time I opened my eyes it was morning, and my mom was in my room. She looked very sad. She said that John was shot last night by a drive by, and was now in the hospital. He was in a coma. (Trapped)

I'm sorry, I have to stop there, I can't write anymore.

Anyone want to help me through this?

Other hauntings by Dantheman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dantheman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Hey...
I was just thinking about john.
Is he okay?
I hope everything is good and John is well.
Please get back to meas soon as you can
Id like to know that everything is all good

xXelliemayXx ❤
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
It's been a while since you wrote that. Is he still in a coma? That might have been a one time thing. I don't know if I'd call it a gift until it's happened on a more frequent scale. I hope your friend is doing better but it sounds like he won't be "caught" for much longer. I lost my best friend years ago. I still think of him and it saddens me. Not having him around does, but I know death is just a part of all of this. It will be my time, possibly at any moment, I can't dwell on that. I read something somewhere, by whom, I don't know, but it has stuck with me since. It was shortly after finding out about his death. It went something like this, " Our friendship dies not with his death, only with mine..." In other words, his friendship is still alive within me, only with my dying will it end and only on this plane. To have a true friend is something to be cherished and relived, because they are few and far between.
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Oh my gosh, is John okay? Is he still in a coma? Please tell us!
I bet what you experienced was maybe along the lines of a "time slip".
I hope John recovers and is OK. That would be great. Also, do you know who shot John?
And one more thing- do you know yet who said "Someone you know will be caught between your world and mine."? That might help on what happened.
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious.
-bumblebee55
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
Dan,
Any news on your friend yet? I hope all is okay with him. Have you had any other experiences? Good luck!😊 ❤ 😊
galvon (142 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
sad but fascinating story I see you already picked up the advice of others continue with that. And mayby this warning is just a start of your gift?. I do get. Like visions in dreams. And the day it happends I can make the deccions. If it comes out good or bad... Some people just are granted the gift by higher powers. I do not believe in one god... I believe there are multiply gods. Like the norse gods greek egyptian
DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
I believe if you are warned of something, then there must be a reason for this warning. Clearly you were warned. I have had warnings before tragedies struck in my family.
How is your faith? When my son was given up to die, all I had to rely on and get me through was faith. Faith and faith alone got me and my son through it.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Ahh, Dan, it just seems that there are people out there who wouldn't believe there was an elephant in front of them if it didn't square witht their perception of reality, and I'm sorry that you were disturbed. You've got plenty on your plate as it is.

I'm glad you talked to your friend. I have an older sister who has had a couple or three brushes with diabetic coma, and she assures me that she heard everything while comatose, just couldn't respond.

If your friend opened his eyes (and I have no reason to think this impossible), that's terrific. Perhaps, as time permits, you should try to see him each day, even if only for a few minutes, and by all means, keep talking. Talk about sports, current events, plans for the future, the weather--anything, just keep talking. Your friend needs that kind of affectionate, human contact from a loyal friend like yourself.

You never can tell, that just might be a link to helping him out of that state he's in.

Blessings!

❤ ❤ ❤
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
hey guys thanks, well appraently I have a poster who thinks I'm lying. Well for one to say somthing about a story with a freind who is in the hospital, is pretty low
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Dan, that was really great of you to have that kind of visit with him. Thanks for sharing it. I see "Tonith" suggested it also, and I bet he can - hear you!
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
hey guys, I went to visit john last night and took your advice to just talk to him. It was a bout an hour of just sittin there watching tv and talking to him, when I could swear he opend his eyes once, but they closed again, but I could of swore he tried to open them
Randcan (62 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
That may have been an experience with your own clairvoyance; ability to glimpse the future. Whatever the case, it's terribly sad. What you can do, is when you visit John, talk to him like normal. Tell him what you did today, what you ate, who you saw, and about your plans tonight or this weekend. Often people in comas, can hear you. Encourage him, laugh with him, be cheerful, and take some of his favorite music to play in his room, and touch or hold his hand and his shoulder a lot when you visit. Whether he comes out of it, or ends up passing, he needs love and company. People should not talk over him, as if he's an unconscious thing laying there, that can't hear them. When in his presence, talk -TO- him, not about him. Tell him when you'll be back to visit again. Tell him what CD you're going to bring him next time. And that everything is going to be o.k. And that you can't wait to see him again.
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Man I'm sorry for what happened to you're friend... I really hope everything come out for the best in it all... Maybe you have a gift with it. Like if it happenes again keep that person with you and see if anything changes like, time slowing down.
Take care

Minx
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
thanks guys for the comments, I have had other instences were time has slowed, but the words were jumbled together, and I could not understand them, no further news has been put out about john. He is still in acoma.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Hey...

I am vry sorry for what John and you are goin through. You said you don't wnat to write anymore about it, but please do let us know how he is doing. He will be prayed for...!

Logan
Leanne (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
😢 I am so sorry to hear what happened. You, especially your friend, and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care and keep us posted on how John is doing.

Leanne ❤
Eli (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
There was a reason for it... Way you had to know... Some people walk this earth not knowing they have a gift. You have to listen closely the next time there will be an answer for you and your friend.
KayleeKay21 (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
I understand. I think God or maybe an angel was telling you what was to come. How is your friend doing now?
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
I have read other stories about time slowing down and it's usually accompanied by someone not feeling all that well too. It's almost like for a few seconds you collide with another dimension and it leaves you physically tired and feeling sick. I have no idea why this happens but sounds like someone from the other side was giving you a warning or premonition. If the message had been more direct about who this "someone" was you would have gone out on a limb and told him no matter how ridiculous it seemed. It's not your fault you simply didn't know what was happening to you or to whom the message was meant. Talk to him. They say people in a coma can still sometimes hear what's going on around them even if they can't react. More than one person was literally talked back from a coma because the person doing the talking just wouldn't give up. I hope he recovers and is able to lead a normal life. He will be in my prayers.
Saurian89 (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
It sounds like you crossed worlds when you
Got dizzy. Maybe if you try hard enough,
You can reach your friend in the trapped
Zone and more probably. 😐
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Dan,
I'm really sorry about your friend. I, too, know how you feel. My cousin was in a coma a week and half due to an act of violence. I'm sorry to say the he didn't pull through. I wish I had had a premonition about him. I was thinking about him a lot on the day that he was beaten and felt an urgency to talk to him but I never got the chance. I truly hope that your friend pulls through. Good luck ❤ ❤ ❤
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Dan,
I can totally relate to how you feel... The same happened to me... I know its hard to talk about but I'm sure your mate will come through... Especially when he has a friend like you 😊
Keep your chin up hun ❤
xxelliemayxx ❤
Ps. If you would like to talk about this to a person who understands just ask for my addy xx I don't mind xx
Enchantress (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Oh my word - that must be pure anguish.
Well considering you so close maybe you can reach him spiritually, they say you can reach people when they are in a coma maybe you were given the premonition to show you have a psychic ability and can communicate with him in a coma and maybe get him back to you?
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
No two ways about it, Dantheman, you had a premonition. I'm just so sorry that it involved your friend becoming the victim of a random act of violence.

I hope for his recovery and for a measure of peace for you.
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
That's really strange and eerie. I'm sorry about your friend. Perhaps it was a premonition.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
That was a warning to you so you would know what was going to happen. The voice may of been your protector trying to tell you somthing bad will happen.
3nj0y (19 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Whoa Dan, That's really harsh... I don't think I can say anything to make you feel better about any of this, But I will say that I am extremely sorry to hear about your dear friend May God have mercy on you in this time of loss.

Best of luck, 3nj0y. 😢 😢 😢
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Thank you guys for the comments, but I still don't understand how the premonition worked, and no I'm sad to say he is still in the hospital 😭
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I think that because the two of you are so close that yes, you had a premonition. I am very sorry to hear that that happened to him. I know this is touchy but did he pull through? Stay strong and always listen to that 'inner voice' - it speaks to us more than we give it credit for.

God Bless
hauntedexpress (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I feel your pain through this. This is a premonition through scense of emotion. I wonder, when you felt that energy outside that, that is where the person was killed. 😢
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I don't know what to say. I am so sorry about your friend. I will be thinking about you and yours and John's family. I'm very sorry.

Meagan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: