You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: School Kids And Ouija Boards

Real Ghost Stories

School Kids And Ouija Boards

 

A few years back, when I was 13 or 14, my school went through the infamous Ouija Board phase. I don't know if many schools go through it, but the local schools where I live seem to graduate from PokΓ©mon cards to groups of children sitting in classrooms with Ouija boards.

First though, a little bit of background on my school, It's old, I'm not entirely sure how old exactly but at the very least Victorian. It is a private boarding school and there had been a few accidental deaths there at some points. For example a small child died there after choking on a pen lid and another boy jumped to his death from the bell tower, there are many other ghost stories surrounding the school but it's irrelevant to the story; let's just say it's pretty easy to believe the place could be haunted.

So at some point within year 8 I ended up in a classroom with a bunch of young girls who took the whole idea of Ouija very seriously. They said the Lords prayer and began asking all of the usual questions "Is there anyone in the room here with us?", "Is there anybody there?" Eventually we got an answer "yes" so we asked was it male or female? "Male" at that point everyone began accusing each other of moving the pointer. Eventually one of the girls couldn't contain her; she yelled "It was me! I moved the pointer!" and fell about laughing with her friends.

At this point I decided to leave the circle thinking I had better things to do and put the entire Ouija board from my mind. Until later one of the girls Aimee ran up to me saying as soon as I left things started to happen, I laughed at her and asked what sort of stuff? She talked about evil spirits and threats being made, again I tried to laugh it off, but she looked so serious and so worried. I remember the look on her face as she said to me that "It said it wanted to throw me down the stairs!"

I told her not to worry and it was just someone fooling about moving the pointer but the fear on her face stayed with me the whole day.

I have had my own "moments" and unexplainable things happening to me and before that I feel prescience or a feeling something will happen, but I hadn't felt anything in that room before I left. So I put it out of my mind.

Until three days later my friend Aimee fell down the stairs, breaking her leg. I was, of course, shocked. There had been no one near her when she fell and she swears she had been pushed.

What I want your opinion on is whether this was a fall caused by a demon or spirit or whether this was, for want of a better word, the placebo effect, where she scared herself psychologically into slipping or something of the like.

Let me know what you think.

Other hauntings by monoxide

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monoxide, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

freakb (10 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
Hmmm... Maybe it was a demon. But you should naeva play with an Oujia Board 😨 😐
GhostReal (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-30)
i have some stories like that I'm new to the site so let me post stories keep checking my name ❀
77believer (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-12)
Yikes! I say that it was the ghost they contacted. Even though the placebo effect could've been it, it could've been the ghost.
Somhairle (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
You can't piss about with a spirit, if you joke about with it then of course its going to screw you over, how would you like being woken up to a bunch of giggling girls who move the pointer?
Hylian_Pixl (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
A lot of spirits like to find people using Ouija boards to freak them out. Normally nothing happens, but there are quite a few instances in which the Ouija board causes near fatal accidents.
Be careful, and if a spirit attatches to you through a board, don't burn it, throw it in a body of water. Otherwise it might stick with you and cause the board to turn up in strange places.

In this instance, I think she may have freaked herself out, but it may have been a spirit. It's hard to tell unless you can see them.
Jj554 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
Ouija Boards are harmless if you use them in the right way. Your friend was joking around with the spirit, and it got angry. But the broken leg was just probably a result of being scared, but you'll never know... 😜
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Well people at that age, believe me I'm 14, ususally have a lot going on during that time so she most likely forgot about the board when she was pushed. Which does suggest that it was some sort of evil entity. I hope that your friend is ok now! Also I should let you know that the reason the entity got to them was probably because they didn't close the board properly. Anyways I'm glad that nothing too bad happened, although a broken leg is pretty bad.
monoxide (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Thanks for all your comments guys!
I really appreciate your instructions
And hope no one is dumb enough to do what my friends did!
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
well its hard to say. Some people have diffrent ways of closing one. I usaly sit in a big circle of salt when using one. This traps the spirit inside the area and just say good bye on the board to close it. Spirits are usally force to go back when a sesion is closed so in a way, its has no say in going home or staying. If that sesion is closed and the spirit is still around, bury the board for 1-5 days,
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
People at my school went through the whole ouija board thing too. I wasn't cool enough to join them and I'm glad I didn't.
Ouija boards are very dangerous and should never be used unless you're with a professional.
I think it's very possible that it was nothing that caused your friend to fall, she was probably thinking about it too much and ended up falling once and in her mind she believed that someone pushed her, but you never know...
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
zoajet: How does one close these, "sessions" and will spirits close the session themselves? I would think not, but it is a possibility.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Wishes2810, I agree with monoxide. Never use one. If you do make sure 1: have some one with you. 2: know how a sesion is closed. 3: kno how to get rid of the spirits that won't go back 4: NEVER SHOW FEAR.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
I have to agree with Tonith on this one. That girl, after what happened, was bound to fall down a set of stairs.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
I would have to say the stage was set for something to happen. You would be amazed at what the power of suggestion can do. So a man thinks; so he is. I don't have the same ideas about ouija boards most do. I think its a contact game with the subconscious not necessarily one of the paranormal. However, I'm sure this method, or automatic handwriting, or channeling, in the hands of the highly sensitive psychic can be useful with spirit communication. They say it's the lower level spirits or elementals that are attracted to teens and ouija boards but I have yet to be convinced of such a theory.
crystal8495 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
When you use an ouji board you're supposed to take it seriously they were laughing and joking around which probably angered the spirit. Don't play with those things...
monoxide (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
well thanks for the advice on board destruction haha but it was years and years ago now so I doubt I could track it down and iv had nothing sinister so I think I'm safe
And wishes2810 I recommend just not doing it if you do make sure your with someone experienced who knows how to close the session properly but I wouldn't do it and a lot of people on here will tell you the same
Wishes2810 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Many people say quijia boards are bad, but I see them as a way of connecting to the unknown. It really depends what your dealing with, I am 13 and would like to do a session, but NEVER EVER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO ONE ON YOUR OWN! I have been told by one of my dads good freind who is a preist and recomends not to do one. But I want to venture into the paranormal, can any one give me some advice?

P.S I think they should of respected the spirits.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
its ok to burn one if the sesion is succesfully closed. The problem most people make is that they think it has been closed. For me I haven't closed my session sense I started years ago. Its that the spirits fear me so they don't try to harm me althrough some had try not could.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
zoajet: I had a friend whom did that and it worked. But on second thought you're right. Sorry about that. But there has to be a way to get rid of it. Maybe burying it may curse the land near it... I got too carried away with my burning the evil things. 😐
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
SchizoSephy, that advice aboute burning it, not an good idea. That can cause a ouija board user more harm that is if the sesion was not closed properly. So I do not advise to evern burn one.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Only a fool would use a Ouija board. It's even more foolish to talk down to anything that was contacted through it. If you're "brave" enough to mess around with that evil board you should be able to handle the consequences that it may bring. I'm not sure if you used it but being in the same room ca still have effects on you. Destroy the board. Burn it. Take it far away and bury the remains there and never return. I don't know if you know where it is but if you do I would do that. I'm not sure if that will help. That girl may have got a stalker type ghost like I have. I need some more present information to help you.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
the only time you can joke with a spirit is if it jokes with you and gives you permission to. But even so, I would advise not to.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Your kind of right zoajet. One thing people should know is NOT to make fun of laugh at a spirit. Especially if its a demon. So, she did kind of deserve it. And if she hadn't laughed it it she might not have been pushed down the stairs. Good luck!
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
not to sound mean but, I say they deserved what they got. What do you think? Do you think they deserved it?
monoxide (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
hey guys thanks for your comments
Jakester913 I don't know what they asked whilst I was out the room but they were a pretty rude bunch of kids so it wouldn't suprise me
Kimsouth0 I don't think there were any other occurences but no one talks about it I still see the girl aimee out and about sometimes but we never talk about it, whatever happened scared the hell out of them though!
cracklepaint (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
That's some really creepy stuff.

When I was younger we'd often mess about with Ouija boards.

A few threats were made to me personally
But I never paid any attention to them.
Because I believed that what ever I was being told was nothing but the result of my own (or my friends sub conscious).

Nothing ever happened me.

But as for the girl who fell down the stairs
Who knows?
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Yes, Ouija boards are not the best things to mess around with. Scary story
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
The ouija board was the cause of it. They got an evil demon that wanted to harm them. Never use an ouija board unless you know how to get rid of the spirits.
PlaydoughMaster (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
Ouija boards go three ways:
Something good happeneds
Nothing happeneds
Or something bad happeneds

Ive seen this before with these things. I think its foolish that they let yall play with these things at school, and the fact that they sell these things a toys are us.

The good thing is though that the board gives its little signs of what it could be.
Like if it keeps repeating same letters or words, especially if you don't understand the word that meens its bad.

And always... ALWAYS say good-bye before putting the board up. When you activate the board it opens a door where anything can escape. Things escape everytime you open it and saying goodbye only closes the door. I meen that there are still the things that escape when you opened it and closing the door doesn't lock it.

Be careful using these things. Use candles and I sugest using sage while using the board. Because only good ghost like that stuff. Its like a mouse trap for demons. Sometimes it gets them and sometimes it doesnt. I also sugest having a group of people with you when using this.

I hope I have help you with your problem and I'm sorry this comment is so long. πŸ€”
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
Never, never, never Ouijia boards.

Regardless of the reason for her actual fall, she believes it to be because of the ouijia board and that's what matters.

Where there anuy other occurances around the session with this board?

God Bless!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: