You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Tunnels

Real Ghost Stories

The Tunnels

 

My name is Carl and I live in South Africa. I've not had many experiences with the super natural

But I've been fascinated by it. Well this is one experience I did have.

A couple years ago when I was still in high school I was about 16 years old (I'm 25 now), my friends and I would go hang out in this park near our school. In this park was a tunnel. It was some sort of municipal tunnel. I think it was probably used for heavy rains or something. It was large enough for us to crawl around in, and although we ventured in pretty deep we still don't know how deep it went.

It was one of our regular stomping grounds where we'd hang out and smoke and drink and pretty much do the things high school kids do.

One particular day four of us decided to go to the tunnels. It was I, my buddy John, a girl by the name of Ashleigh and her friend Elenora. Now in the opening of the tunnel it was still pretty light so we mainly used to hang around their. But of course the deeper you went the darker it got. So we decided we would go as deep as we could for lack of anything better to do, and so we did with Ashleigh in front followed by John then myself and lastly (closest to the entrance) Elenora.

We ventured pretty deep. We had been going for about 15 minutes and by now it was so dark that we couldn't see our hands in front of our faces. Suddenly Ashleigh who had been leading our expedition started screaming. Franticly she elbowed her way past all of us and started running back. Well needless to say we were all freaked out and didn't care to stick around to find out what she was running from. So we followed suit.

With our adrenaline pumping it couldn't have even taken us five minutes to get out of the tunnel.

When got finally got out to the entrance we found Ashleigh holding her knees sobbing. When she looked up her nose was bleeding. She told us that in a split second she felt coldness and was punched in the nose by some unseen entity. Well that was the last of our tunnel venturing days. Though I still plan on visiting them again. It's not too far from where I live now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cracklepaint, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5241
Are these the tunnels you guys are referring to?
Potterwatcher1997 (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
That's really scary. Was she sure that it was someone "punching" her? Maybe, like what staaldak said, she just ran into a metal grate.
margierules (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
hey, girlie!
Use actual words. I like to understand what you're saying.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
troyan:
You're totally right. That is the first thing I thought when reading this story. Wonder if it is the same tunnel.

Cracklepaint: Are these tunnels still around?
KayleeKay21 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
That is very scary. Usually ghosts don't hurt people. Something very evil resides in there. 😐
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
There's another story on here about tunnels in your area and I am assuming they were the same ones. Although it could have been anything, this is one weird story.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
As teens, I imagine no one thought of bringing a flashlight. That would have ended all the assuming. On the other hand I have heard of ghost slapping and punching, throwing things and scratching. Hard to say what it was in your case. Running into a metal post,gate,hobo or ghost is the question.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
I'm reading the comments and I've never heard of a Hobo. I would be seriously reading about that later.

Well, whatever happened there, hope your friend is alright. Not only physically of course. These kinds of things are really traumatic so hopefully your friend will be able to get over the experience. ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
HI, wow that was cool. But what I think it was is a hobo. Maybe you never know. My brother told this story about a school a friend from his went to once. It was my brother's friend (W), a girl W liked (S), and a friend (T). So they went to the school after hours looking for squeaky boots. (Which is soppose to be a little girl who died and when she is near, you only hear squeaky of boots). Well after sometime looking and not finding they diedes to go up to the 5th floor which is con-da-m-da. Well in the school they have an elevator which doesn't work. So if you hit the 2nd floor button it might take you to the 6th floor. Well after sometime they make it to the 5th floor, and it's like you they couldn't see there hand in front of they'er faces. Then they also diesde to slipt up, Which this you must know is that they had been drinking. So after sometime again they reel-lies-ed there lost. So they start calling to one another. Then W and S find each-other and then find the elevator and leave T up on the 5th floor. W and S make it to the 1st floor and sleep off they'er beer. While T is still up there.
Mean while back at the ranch T is still calling for W and S. Then he heard shuffing. The T saids "Oh you didn't leave me after-all" NO answer. So T following the shuffing until he is sure it right infront of him. Then he reches out but no one is there.
In the morning W and S remeber about T and go up htere to find T with his head in a pile of de-bra-e.
So that is why I think it could have been a hobo in both places or really a ghosttttttt.
GIRLIE 😨
Saurian89 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Hope you check in on friend lately, and
Keep in touch with he too. If you do go back into that tunnel, don't forget a
Flashlight. 😐
Tracker337 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Thanks for the story. Did you ever hear of anybody else having similar experiences there?
adullin (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
i happn to agree it seems more like a hobo. Also why didn't you have a flashlight or did I miss that? Not to be a jerk or anything but your lucky to not have gotten seriously injured like that
cracklepaint (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
[at] staaldak

Hey man.
Ha
It's very possible.
Lol
If she was scared imagine how the poor hobo
Must have felt
😆
I been reading about you archive room.
Thats some really interesting stuff.

[at] bluegirl.
Thank you.
It was super dark.
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
This is pretty scary. Yall are brave! On my list of top fears the dark is the first!
staaldak (3 stories) (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Howzit china!

Thanks for the story. My first impression is that you guys either startled a hobo, or your friend walked into a cold metal support or grate.

Be sure to let us know when you do in check the tunnels out though.

Take care,
Staaldak
cracklepaint (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
nah
She was well shook up but she was ok.

And nothing followed us home well not me atleast.
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Wow, that's an eerie story. I hope your friend was ok. Hope nothing followed you home from the tunnel.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: