You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: As I Grew, So Did They

Real Ghost Stories

As I Grew, So Did They

 

Most of my experiences (but not all) have mainly occurred in my family's first home. This first handful of experiences did occur in that house.

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, my playroom was our basement, as was most children's that I've talked to. This was little to no problem, really. I could play and make a mess until my heart's content, and I could hear and see my mother when she came down to do laundry. I had quite a few toys (I can thank being the first child in the family, and having overly-doting grandparents for that, hah) and would just leave them all over the place when I was quite done playing with them. I had a few toys that were absolute favorites, one being a wind-up toy called a "love bug", which was simply a fluffy pink thing with a big red heart that would walk. The other toy I held in such high esteem was my Beetle juice doll. He was a pull-string doll that would speak, along with spin his head if you pressed a button in his neck.

One afternoon I was playing in the basement, as I usually did, and heard a noise from one of my toy boxes. Naturally, being a young child, I wanted to see if I somehow obtained a new puppy that had crawled into the box to surprise me, ha-ha. Well, no sooner had I gotten to the box that I heard a familiar grinding noise. I turned around and saw my love bug walking around. I thought maybe I hadn't killed off the energy from the last time I wound it up, so I let it walk itself dead. Then, I heard Beetle juice. Even at 7ish, I knew that the toy couldn't talk without someone pulling the string. I found him, and picked him up. I asked him why he was talking. Then, the head did a spin, and I did not touch the button to make it do so. I ran screaming from the basement, and had been frightened to go into alone until the day we moved out of that house (subsequently 11 years later).

Not too soon after being scared to death of the basement, I started having odd things happen. I used to have nightmares, which didn't seem out of place for a young child, and I would wake up and insist on sleeping in my parents' room. Regularly, I would sleep later than them, and wake up to a lot of movement on the bed. The first few times, I thought it was my father being fun and making the bed move. No. No, that would have been great. This was far from great. I would wake up, and when I opened my eyes, I would see legs. Disembodied legs dancing on the bed. I could feel them, I could see them, and I was scared. They were cut off below the hip, but danced in pairs despite being separated. This would only happen in their room, though. Never once in my room did I have this problem. It would also occur if I was simply watching a movie in their room, and dancing by myself on the bed.

Lastly, for this bundle of tales in passing, are a few years later down the road. I was about 12 years old. My brother was 8 and my sister was 5. I was watching television in our den area, which opened directly onto the landing for our back door. I heard some tapping coming from that area, and assumed it was our dog doing the "pee-pee dance". It wasn't. When I turned to look, I saw a girl, a very young girl, with her back turned to me, who appeared to be engrossed in whatever she was doing. By the time I turned back to watch T.V., it registered that this girl was NOT my sister, so I turned back quickly. In those few seconds, she was gone with no sound.

Thank you very much for allowing me to share with all of you my stories.

I look forward to sharing more.

Other hauntings by KittyChymira

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KittyChymira, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
I hate attic too cause it too hot and creepy but never have basement cause I live south. I have alots of dolls here but nothing happen. But one thing did drop it own is the angel head off my wall.
KittyChymira (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Thank goodness I never had an attic. Actually, in technicality, my bedroom WAS the attic, only because it was the topmost floor, and the ceiling was angled. I would hit my head regularly on it. This may account for a lot, haha.
Jessica_Rabbit (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
I've had a similar experience in the basment of an old house I used to live in. This is why I'm deathly terrified of dolls. I had a doll, pull string like yours, that would often say very strange things, not only when I would pull the string, but when it was across the room and no one else was in the room with me. The doll would say things that it was not programmed to say, very bad things. I burned it.:]
gothprincess149 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
That was scary! I've also experinced stuff like dolls moving by themselves and toys turning on by themselves! Haha. Two places I hate the most: the basement and the attic. I hate it down there, it's creepy. ❤
KittyChymira (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Indeed. The dolls were what made me scared of basements forever, I think, haha. I tried to research the house, but have come up completely empty every time. I don't know how old it was or anything like that. My sister, as she got older, didn't see much, just got weird feelings. But, now, my brother has things happen to him all the time. He hopes if he ignores them, they'll go away. He's 18 now, and it seems to have slowed down considerably.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
Did your siblings ever see anything? Did you know anything about the house/property?

Dolls going off by themselves is awful. I had a teddy bear who had a light up heart and played music. You had to push his paw to make this happen (not to mention the ON switch had to be on). And yep...he'd go off... With the OFF switch on.
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
Oh my god that's really scary the dancing legs part is like a scene from the amityville... ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
My brother as an adult had an incident with seeing just sets of legs crossing the highway one early foggy morning on his way to work. The road he was on has a huge cemetary that borders the highway and this is the direction the sets of legs came from. He said it looked like teens and figured they were partying in the cemetary and were headed home from the night before. When he reached the spot a few seconds later he purposely slowed down even more just in case there were more of them trying to make the crossing and by all rights he should have seen some of them scrambling up the embankment on the high side of the road. All this happened within 10 seconds or so and the place where he saw them go had no trees but was the opened front lawn of a home. Meaning no where to hide. This is a man with 20/20 vision and doesn't drink or do drugs or even any medications. I had to believe what he told me because it befuddled him as well. Till this day he doesn't know what he saw only that he will never deny having seen it.
XDeMoNiCX_XAnGeL (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
thats scary. I would have screamed my head off at the sight of thoose legs and/or I would have sat stick still 😭
hauntedexpress (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
The haunted can relate to children more than adults. That's why on few occasions they'll be the first to get haunted. Maybe the spirit had a connection with the doll and that she didn't know she was dead.
Because you saw a child it was possible for her to have died as a child. Don't ignore her... Listen... And guide her to where she wants to be.
KittyChymira (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Yea, I have been a little extra sensitive to these types of things ever since I can remember. In fact, as silly as it sounds, my mother and some of my friends have me come with them to tell them if the place they want to move is "creepy" or not, haha. I guess it's just that I'm very open to any possibilities, so it's easier for me to feel these things.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Little kids can have real issues with separation anxiety. We also know that kids experience things adults don't. Imagination gone wild or a sensitivity that comes from being open and not jaded? Your guess is as good as mine. When kids begin to reason, is when the terror sets in because they know something isn't quite right.
Wishes2810 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Hey,
I too have had my toys and electronics turned on for no reason. Just by reading the article I am frightend. When I was reading I kept thinking of a name somthing like Eve maybe? I'm not sure, that name came into mind.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
oh ok. So that's good. Your not really being haunted and the feeling you get is proboly just a by passing spirit.
KittyChymira (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Oh, I live in a condo with my hubby now. Generally everything is fine here, haha. I just get that jibblie feeling once in a while is all, nothing big.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
could of been but nothing bad happening in your new house right? Do you still sense things.
KittyChymira (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Zoajet, I don't live in the house anymore. I lived there for a very long time with my family, and I never felt that we were in any danger, but you could be right.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-08)
Sounds like children had been killed but someone and cut up. The little girl may have been one victim that was not cuted. She may be trying to warn you about somthing. Try to talk to her next time you see her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: