You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: As I Grew, So Did They 2

Real Ghost Stories

As I Grew, So Did They 2

 

As I grew up, I started to notice other things happening that were considerably out of place. Within a few weeks of seeing the small girl on my basement landing, I started to hear very odd noises.

My dog (a 45 pound poodle-type dog) was sitting in our living room with me while I read. No one was in the house, and I was enjoying the rare silence (at the time, I was around 13, my brother 9, and my sister 6,my mother and father also lived with use, along with my uncle who was rooming in out basement, silence moments were few and far between).

As I'm reading, and the dog is on my lap, I heard the back door open, and someone walk up the steps. They footfalls were incredibly heavy, obviously a man, and I assumed my uncle, who is a big guy who works for the city and wears boots, had come home early. Even the dog looked up, very excited, because he loved my uncle. So, I looked up from my book, and shouted, "Hey Uncle Frank!", and got no response. So, I then said, "Fine, don't talk to me."

It didn't take me more than a second to realize something was wrong. The steps continued across the kitchen. They stopped at the sink, and suddenly there was a tremendously loud crash in the kitchen. The dog took off to look and see what happened, and I followed him.

When I got into the kitchen, no one was there (which, if they had left, with those heavy boots, I would have heard them) and the dish strainers was flipped onto the floor, and any dishes were strewn about form the force of being thrown. Needless to say, I cleaned it up, and quietly went back to my book with the dog.

Just for the sake of fluidity in stories, I will remain with the boots for now. Over the years I have heard them, mainly through the hallway on the first floor from the kitchen to the living room. Typically, this is when I was in the bathroom. When I finally started to simply ignore them, I was in high school.

It was about my junior year, and I was having a friend of mine stay over to help finish a project we had. Very late that night, we finished, and she was nosing through my closet, and putting on all the odd things she found. My snow boots, a hat, a skirt, goodness knows what else. I had to use the washroom, so I went downstairs, and after a minute or so, I heard, unmistakably, the sound of boots coming down my stairs, pausing at the bottom, and DARTING through the hallway, past the door. I, of course, thought it was my friend, so I laughed, and said, "Real nice, Emily. If you're going to try to sneak, take OFF my boots."

I waited outside the door waiting for her to come out of wherever she hid. She didn't come out, so I shrugged it off and went upstairs. Emily was sitting on my floor, playing a video game. I stared at her a few minutes and asked, "Uh, how did you get up here without making the stairs squeak?" She just looked at me, incredibly confused, and said, "I have been playing Yoshi story, why would I want to go downstairs, to listen to you pee?" I then explained the situation to her, and she just laughed and said, "Hah! You have a ghost who has a crush on you!", and we kind of brushed it off and went back to playing games.

I can't wait to share my next batch of tales with you!

Other hauntings by KittyChymira

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KittyChymira, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

faith12 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
That guy can be one of the previous owner of your house who up to now didn't realize his already gone but it could be a warning too. Something like that. Good ghost/ spirit don't actually show up just to frightened someone. Tell your uncle to always take care and be careful all the times,.

Thanks for your story
Jessica_Rabbit (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Foot falls with no living feet always freak me out, hearing them myself or about them from someone else. I have always had an issue with foot falls since I was a child.

As for your lazy dog, that reminds me of my 120 pound black labrador. We call her Ethel, like from I Love Lucy. Whenever we have had spiritual or supernatural activity in or around us, she's never reacted to it, but all of our other dogs (we have like 5 right now, more or less in the past, depending on where we've lived) have freaked out.
KittyChymira (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
To answer all the questions (such a response!) in some kind of order...

That I know of, the entity has never tried to harm anyone

I never really had a feeling when I would hear the boots, and after a while, I would just ignore them when I did hear them

The only person that it had initially reminded me of was my uncle, but that was only because he wears boots, but he is still very much alive

All of this odd, lovely stuff did happen in the same house

I think my dog was just incredibly lazy, haha

Alright, stories that follow will eventually explain some other stuff, albeit slowly. I will also eventually get to weird things that have happened to my brother, uncle and mother. Thank you all for such great responses! I just like letting people know they're not alone when things like this happen to them!
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
I find it weird that the dog didn't react differently to the ghost, usually animals get really freaked out

Thanks for sharing your story Kitty.❤
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
This is very interesting! From what I understand, no one has been harmed by this being or entity, so therefore I'm GUESSING it isn't evil, but not 100% sure.
Do you get any specific feelings when you hear the boots? Does it remind you of anyone?
Also, have you lived in the same house while all this has gone on?
Thankyou.
And take care
wertona9 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Has this spirit recently tried to harm you or others? I get the feeling that it isn't completely evil or good, from what I've heard so far. I have had something very similar happen to me, so it may just be a poltergiest. (I hope I spelled that correctly)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: