You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Floater

Real Ghost Stories

The Floater

 

I moved into my house about 5 years ago. I had never seen a ghost before or experienced any type of paranormal activity. It was only about 20 years old, as well, so I wouldn't have expected it to be haunted. It was.

I didn't live there full time until December of 2007 so I wasn't there enough to notice the happenings around me. It didn't faze me if I saw my light on when no one was home. I didn't even notice my clothes disappearing. But one night I spent there changed everything.

It was dark out when I arrived home. I was tired and wanted to just lie down. I made my way upstairs and lay down on my bed. I was just closing my eyes when my door cracked open and the hall light spilled in. I thought it was my cat or my dad or something, but it stayed open only a little bit. I got up and closed it again. When I laid back down I saw a bit of mist on the top bunk of my bunk bed, but I didn't think it was anything other than a blurred vision of my fluffy white cat. As soon as I got under the covers I closed my eyes and began to fall asleep. Then I felt really really cold. My spine tingled and my skin crawled. My eyes flittered open and I saw what I can only describe as a thin, floating, wavy, black thing by my window. It looked like a piece of paper in water. It floated towards me and circled my bed then my head. It stopped suddenly next to me. It dropped down next to me and suddenly I wasn't cold anymore; I was sweating like I was on fire.

My sister also experienced supernatural occurrences. She saw a man in period clothing. What is very strange is that they all happened in the same general area; the left side of the house in the middle. My room and the bathroom are on the third floor of their (my dog growls at and refuses to go in the bathroom.) and the basement there is where my sister saw the apparition.

I have only had one more thing happen to me. I was closing a glass door by my room on the third floor when a book was thrown from a table across the room at the door. I don't go in that room anymore, and we rented out the basement.

I try to talk to "them" but nothing more has happened.

Other hauntings by gloriavox123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gloriavox123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
This is really scary. I haven't ever heard of an experience like this one. I've neer heard about anything like what you described from anyone. I hope you find out what it is/was, and things work out.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Just because the house is young doesn't mean that it can't be haunted, it could be the property, It's probably a good idea to check out the history just to know more.:)
Good Luck and keep us updated:)
gloriavox123 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
No, I have never seen the "thing" again, but I have experienced more activity, which I will write about soon. And the thing, like I said before, just dissipated... Got rid of that matress pretty quickly! 😊
gothprincess149 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Yeah I agree! You should check the history of the house, maybe someone died in there because that would definetly be the explanation. Oh and I have a question: did the black thing just disapear when it got to the mattress or did it fade out or something like that? And did you see it again? ❤ ❤ ❤
Jessica_Rabbit (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
The transition from very cold to very warm as quickly as you describe is more than likely the reason that you were sweating. As for the floating thing that you saw, it is possible that the spirit or ghost was not strong enough to manifest itself to you more strongly. This could have been the same thing that your sister saw. As for the book flying, I believe that someone is trying to get your attention.
Best of luck!
gloriavox123 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
angelfeathers: The floaty thing just sort of dropped onto my matress and disappeared.
Libertybelle: The home was built in the 80's, but I failed to mention that there were homes on the land previously and were demolished. The period my sister described was that he had a top hat and button down shirt with black pants. It could have been from a long time ago, or just a fancy ghost.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
Okay, your house is roughly 25 years old, if I understood correctly, and you saw someone in what you describe as 'period' clothing. I'm curious about what time period it was. Are we talking 1980's? Or was it earlier, or perhaps even later than the time in which the house was built?

I firmly agree with mandalyn on this point, and that is to try and find out as much as you can about your house and any previous structures on the land on which it was built.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
Hi Gloriavox123, I re-read your story and was curious about how your experience with the black floaty thing ended. Did it dissipate? Did it suddenly disappear? Did it descend through the mattress? Did you blackout?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

A.
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-12)
I tell this to a lot of people whose stories I have commented on. Try checking the history of this house if you haven't done so already and see what interesting information you may be able to find (i.e. Deaths in the house/on the property and/or whatnot).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: