You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Floater 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Floater 2

 

As I stated in my story that preceded this one, my home was only about 20 years old when I moved in. The previous owners were a family of four we never had the chance to meet. My parents never experienced anything paranormal and deny it exists.

A few things have happened since the first story I published.

I was at home alone one evening. I was sitting in my computer chair reading. My cat was resting about six feet away from me on a large easy chair. She was sound asleep. I stood up to go to get some water from the fridge when I felt a little weird, like I was being watched or something. I went and got the water, drank it and went to sit back down. But as soon as I got about a foot away from my chair, a white mist zoomed past my feet and went right through my desk, wall and disappeared. I was frightened enormously. I ran to the other side of the wall but it was gone. My cat stood, snarling, at the area it exited through. The wall was, at the time, in between me and my kitchen my fridge to be exact. Perhaps a coincidence because I was there a couple of seconds before? Maybe no, maybe so.

Another incident was when I was in the room where the book was thrown at me. I was sleeping in the bed because we had guests, and my animals were in the living room, sleeping. The door, no longer glass, opened. But this time it opened very widely and made horrible creaking noises. I didn't feel or hear anything but then I felt my bed moved a little. I felt weight on the mattress and then the sheets shifted a little. I pulled them back and made a quick "No." sound. The weight suddenly lifted and I stared at the place again. It scared me but I went back to sleep. The door stayed open, though, and it creeped me out.

Other hauntings by gloriavox123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gloriavox123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
Gloriavox--It's my opinion that if you are startled into shouting "Go away" or "Get outta here!" you're all right. But I'd also say that whatever spiritual discipline you espouse, protect yourself each day and night with what is generally known as prayer. Doesn't have to be elaborate but sincerity is key and visualization is even better. Then you're good to go. Keep your higher power close in your heart if you decide to try more adventurous conversation. No evil spirit can vanquish the power of good. From your descriptions, however, it doesn't seem the phenomena you've felt is evil. It probably would've shown that aspect by now. These are all my opinions, but they're not uninformed. If it goes further, I'd recommend searching for a nearby paranormal society. If it has done cases, check with those people as to experiences and efficacy. Peace be with you.
gloriavox123 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
I would like to find out the history of the house and get help for the spirit or spirits, but so far I've been a little scared. Would it be a good idea to talk to them?
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
gloriavox--I'm inclined to believe you know the difference between a cat (like yours on the chair) and a mist that zooms through a wall. I think you should avail yourself of someone's help at this point. Whether your sceptical parents live with you or not, this (these) thing (s) is getting more bold now you've recognized its several manifestations. It's probably not a demon but a stuck spirit that needs help to cross over.
Jessica_Rabbit (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
you know, I agree with Patch, for some reason while I was reading this, the thing that popped into my head when you mentioned the white mist was a cat.
jamesharrisman15 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
um yea that's creepy I would have grabbed my cat and jumpes out the window.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Was the white mist anything like a cat? For some reason when I read this story it sounded cat-like.
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Wow, this is horrible! I would have jumped clean out of the bed and went and slept in a bathtub or something! Too scary!
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Hi, I study these kinds of cases. If you need help or need advice, you can email me at pepsi.133 [at] hotmail.com or if you need quicker help you can text me at. 1-716-250-8356

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: