You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Clicking Noise And The Black Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Clicking Noise And The Black Shadow

 

I don't really have any explanation for this, as the place it happened has (after me doing a ton of investigating) no record of anything like this happening before. It was just another normal boring day at work. I run the office here and at the time no one else was here, just me catching up on work from my day off sick. It was around 2pm (Maybe the time has some significance?) I really don't know.

I heard a strange clicking noise coming from the office next to mine where meetings are held. I sat for a moment wondering if I was imagining it, but it got quite loud, so slowly I wondered over to the door.

Before I go on I will try describe the room best I can. Imagine a basic square room the door is in one corner of the room on the left so when you open the door it backs onto the left wall. On the same wall side as the door there is a double window that looks out into the showroom, on the right hand wall (opposite from the wall that the door backs onto) there is another window that looks outside and the back wall is just plain with no windows

So, the door was slightly open and even stood at the door I could feel how cold it was in there. I pushed it open only to see a tall black human like shadow hovering about half a meter from the floor just inside the room not far from the door. I looked straight at it and it just froze there for a couple of seconds, then at a very slow pace it floated from one side of the room towards the window that looks outside and vanished into the wall. As soon as it vanished the temperature totally changed.

Since this has happened the room has felt cold a few times and I have called out a couple of times, the most I have got is the clicking sound I heard in the beginning.

Again I have asked as many people I can if they knew anything about this or seen anything but no one knows a thing about it.

On writing this I'm wondering... Why are you here, what is it that's stopping you from resting?

Other hauntings by Will0w

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Will0w, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Danny_bigtoe (1 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-20)
Hi there I hope you get notifications for this or just check in regular... The reason I found your post is because of what I seen on Ghost adventures: house calls. Watch the full episode if you wish it was very interesting to all of your comment with the clicking (getting louder also), and the black shadow mass. But if were you I would skip into 32. 20

Heres the link to watch it:-https://youtu.be/-4DF_29z_cc
Belindasue (1 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-12)
Well it's been a long time but would comment anyway Clicking sound equals Demon A form of communication. There Natural form is blackness but they do manifest as light with black lines across it. They are not good, they will hurt your ear most likely if possible (They are disease giving demons). The can also have a high Pitched Vibrational noise which can also hurt your ear. Put the light on that will stop them from manifesting for a while.
redpillboy (1 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-03-22)
Hey there Will0w,

Glad I ended up here. I, too, like danielws and randcan, have been lately "opening my eye" per se. One thing takes you to another and then another and next thing you know it you understand religion and spirits now. Crazy stuff. Anyway, it is in fact a glimpse of the 4th dimension that us humans cannot see. Children can, but we do not develope it enough and it kind of goes away from what I understand. Now some people are a bit more keen on this, and are slightly more developed, as to why I'm still figuring out. That's the reason you hear of mediums, children talking to ghosts, dogs barking at stuff, etc. Correct, not always bad but often it sounds like. -Now what takes me here, in the movie "Hereditary" (2018) a young girl who SPOILER ALERT is possessed by an Egyptian demon (Egypt somehow also plays a role in all of this still haven't figured out) plays a role in all of this. The girl makes this clicking odd sound like a loud "CLOCK"-sound. Yada-yada. The mom comes from a "crazy family" and suffers from Sleep Walking. Which apparently is another form of contacting this "4th dimension" along with Sleep Paralysis. Which my mom, who also comes from a "crazy family" suffers from and has claimed my entire life to see "shadow people speaking in tongues" (also known as elves throughout different cultures aka bad spirits inter-dimensional beings. Whatever you want to call em.) She is religious thus calls them evil spirits. So bottom line no, I don't know, but that movie lead me to search for this as I, for as long as I can remember, am able to do this odd, horse galloping-like rolling of my tongue clicking sound. Now what does this all mean? I have no clue. But I am one step closer to finding out. I hope this helps some people and maybe myself as well.
danielwis (1 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-17)
Willow I don't know if your still out there. I happened upon this site and your story after googling it this morning. I had a profound experience last night. I dreamt that a demon was manifesting to me during sleep. It approached from the corner of the room and zoomed quickly to my right ear, where I heard a clicking noise, and then quickly to my left ear where I heard the same thing. It terrified me so much that it caused me to awaken quickly. I googled clicking noise, dream, and demon and found your story. The clicking seemed so random that I didn't think I'd actually find anything. I was terrified and had the feeling it was something very bad, not a ghost. I have recently been delving into binaural beat music, third eye awakening, and astral projection. I may have stumbled upon something not of this world by doing these things.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Hmmmmm, maybe it is not the area that is tormenting this spirit to come back? This spirit could be coming back for a person, possibly you, does it not seem a coincidence that you see a ghost on one night, then the day after, you are the first there and a bookcase is tipped over. It may be acknowledging that it is there. It means no harm, and the time... Some ghost story's happen at 3:00 am/pm (usually am) I would suggest going to that room before the ghost come, try to calculate the times it comes on certain days, then go there at that time.
Will0w (7 stories) (16 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
Ok now I am spooked! I came into work this morning and had to open up, I'm the only one who has keys today as I was getting here early to catch up on what I didn't have time for yesterday, so just to clarify no one has been into the building since I left last night. In the small office where I origonally saw this shadow, the book case was tipped on the floor and folders and books were all over the floor. My first thoughts were we had been burgled, but its only that room, everything else is fine! And the building is secure and has huge shutters outside the door which has 2 secure locks on. I'm totally freaked out!
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Hmm, I have sent in a few stories this evening, but they haven't been approved yet. However, one of them details how at one point I saw some kind of black mass go past me, and this was also accompanied by what I described as a kind of rattling. I guess it could be also described as a clicking. Either way, I suppose it's a little more 'evidence' to the theory that this clicking happens when something manifests/ tries to manifest. Thanks for your story. 😊
Randcan (62 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Hi Willow, just wanted to add (for posters), that when I said that good spirits emanate light, we know not all do/can. Obviously some may just appear/or are only capable of appearing as simply transparent/mist or partial, when trying to manifest. It is not my opinion or experience, that shadow people are sometimes simply good spirits trying to manifest. Nor is it, that any demon -innocently- befriends you. Or... That not having a bad feeling suggests that the entity is not bad. People often forget that most apparitions are former people. And you judge their behavior as you'd judge a person's. Fleeting shadows, or dark forms, are not the choices of an individual/or an intelligence, with good motives. They know what they're doing. Would you accept me, dodging you as a dark shadow or standing there all black? There's better ways, requiring even less energy, by which I could present myself or behave. Furthermore, even if darkness is simply their condition, consider it the Universe's way of communicating to you their character/state. [In short, consider, that lower astrals (half human/half animal etc.) are -always- shadow form, and most spirits conjured through dark magic (with the exception of elementals and nature spirits)...are also. There's a reason for that]. Send any spirit (except a demon/cast them out) into the light, or into God's Will. Do all things in the name of God, since if there is a spirit world, there is... Someone in charge. And this isn't chaos. So whatever one's religious beliefs, Stand with the Creator, in His order. And use common sense. And choose to be an agent by which things are set to order. Good luck.
Will0w (7 stories) (16 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
CutishIvy - That has crossed my mind, I have looked around the room properly moving things... Opening and closing cupboards and drawers but nothing could of made the kind of sound I was hearing, so I assume it was the "shadow" making the noise.

Will0w xx
CutishIvy (47 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
You said that the black shadow might causing the clicking sound, am I right? Just want to ask, is there something in the meeting room that the black shadow is using to make the sound or was the clicking sounds came from thin air?
Tonith (1136 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
To my knowledge seeing a black form doesn't mean its something evil, just something that can't fully manifest for whatever reason. If you didn't get any bad vibes and it seems like you don't scare easily maybe that is the reason it picked you to be aware of it. I have never read about the "clicking" thing either. Makes sense that it could have something to do with the electrical properties that seem to come with spirits. After all they are energy not physical. Maybe this clicking comes with trying to manifest.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Dantheman, do see them? Have you had contact? I have, and it has not been good. Maybe it's just me. I don't mean to sound rude but you have to notice that the smaller percentage is good.
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
ok I wouldn't say they are good, your right, but if you know whow to talk to them, and use the right influences, you can make kind of like freinds (for lack for a better word) you just have to realize, when you show fear, they will attack, but hold your ground, and show no emotion what so ever. They caannoy manifest more power. If you know the right stuff, they don't seem so evil after awhile
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
TheLightBeforeDawn: actualy, out of all the ouija board that are used, I have to say the demon rate of nice ones would be 43%
Will0w (7 stories) (16 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Randcan - Thank you for your comments. I am aware that good spirits normally emanaite light, there was no light from this one that's for sure!

I have just this morning heard the clicking sound and went to investigate but saw nothing, although the clicking was a lot louder this time!

I'm in the middle of looking though books on the history of this buliding, it backs onto miles of farm land but I'm not sure what was here before the building was built... I'm still trying to find that out.

I will keep up to date on here with anything else I find out or witness.

Willow x
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
Sounds as if something is residualy haunting the building as with most of these cases I would try find out something on the history of the building.

Cheers.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
Dantheman, I'm sorry, but you shouldn't say that. Maybe there is one in a million that is ok. BUT as a rule, demons are BAD!
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
why get rid of it, demons are coool creatures. They can be helpful at times
Randcan (62 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
Hey Willow, cheers to you in the UK,...This is your lucky day! It's 6:30am and I happened by your post, when I saw your title mentioned a "clicking sound." That sound is characteristic of a spirit attempting to manifest. Famous mediums in history have experienced it, and I even experienced it in January. I was in bed and for the first time ever, I heard a clicking sound in the air behind me, and wondered what the hell was that. Later I discovered it in one of my many paranormal books. No explanation for why that kind of sound, but it is "clicking." I think it's very rare, and maybe it has something to do with a kind of electrical entry into our world/dimension? Anyway, I'm amazed to hear you saw a ghost at work and during the day! And... That you got a result (clicking again) when later calling out to it. Wow. Note that you should be cautious of a shadow person. Good spirits emanate light. Not to scare you, but some demons tend to be tall. Be authoritative. If you get a bad feeling from it, get rid of it. That's my advice. Thanks so much for your GREAT story. You've seen how hard it is to find anything on clicking, and that's why I say we've experienced a very rare phenomena. Just the using of this site, or reading books on the paranormal, elicits your psychic senses, and opens you up to experiences with entities around you. (You show interest...>> and your third eye opens). Simple as that. Good Luck, from Los Angeles. I'll be reading your other stories, and let me know what happens with this one. Take Care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: