You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted For A Day

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted For A Day

 

Being haunted is not that big of deal to me I have had ghosts and things pop up throughout my entire life and am used to the chills that it gives. Though this experience is quite odd and it happened only a few days ago. I would have posted it sooner but I had lots to do. Well on with the story.

During the day I was home alone and walking into the kitchen. As I walked into the kitchen I got this weird feeling that I was not alone. Looking around I saw nothing. I knew that there was a ghost watching me and looked up at where I sensed it. (Side note I am very spiritually aware) Looking up at it I said "If you have come to harm me then leave now. If you have not come to harm me then why are you here?" I felt the chills move over me and then it was gone I raised my eye brow and went along with my day. The rest of the day was very uneventful and I did not feel anything else. It was not until late at night that the ghost came back to visit me again.

It was around 1am that I decided to go to bed as I am a night owl. So not really being scared or any thing I was walking around my home with the lights out and the rest of my family was asleep and they had no experience with the ghost I was feeling. So I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and then walked beck to my room with no lights on. I entered my room and got the chills again but I shook it off as it is an old house. Walking over to my window I pulled the blinds down and hopped into bed. I was having trouble sleeping and I felt I was not alone. Lying on my side I had my eyes open just staring into the dark. All of the sudden I notice a glimmer of light on my ceiling.

Turning around I look to see that me cell phone screen was bright. So I thought to my self "Ok, It must be a phone call or a text message" Though my ring tone did not go off. It just turned on (It was not plugged into the wall at all it was running on battery power). So I reached over and took it in my hand. Opening the phone I saw that there was no message or missed call. The time was 1:08am. I was like ok this is weird. So I took a near by flashlight and turned it on to get some more light. I set the flashlight on the bed and then it started to flicker. I did it for a good 5-10 seconds. My eyes got a bit wide and I felt chills running though my body. I quickly picked up the flashlight and scanned the room. Nothing was there. I was a bit annoyed at this point as I was trying to get to sleep. I started to speak to the spirit and said "Don't mess around with me when I am trying to sleep". After that I felt that it was lingering there for a moment to I turned back over and closed my eyes again saying goodnight to the ghost. The rest of the night was quiet and I woke up quite refreshed. Since then I have not felt the presence of that ghost again.

It was one of my more prolonged and it was the most recent one being just a few days ago. I am not scared of the ghosts as I work in a haunted restaurant. That has had its share of people die in from heart attacks. So I am used to dealing with them. Though this one felt that it was not trying to harm me or tell me anything it was just hanging around me for a day then left.

Any ideas why a ghost would hang out with someone for a day?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mulvey (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
I'm not going to get into the resteraunt/ heart attack thing. I have no idea where the connection links to your story. But I will say that, if in fact, you've been dealing wth paranormal episodes you entire life, then your a magnet.
I too have been having experiences, for 40 plus years. It's my theory that certain people posess an aura that attracts the supernatural, much like animals gravitate to certain people, or children do. And also through my experiences I have found that there are good spirits and not so good spirits. Keep waiting a good will come around. Good luck
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Just a theory.
Guess it just needs a companion.
A wandered ghost usually roam alone and maybe looks at you that you're not scared so the entity just hang out and as it let the time pass.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Guess this ghost was just passing through. Some visit, some hang out, some hang on or so it seems. I know there are people who can just "feel" when something is not right. I think we know when something is not quite kosher but most of us just tend to think its nerves or suggestion or whatever at the time. When it happens out of the blue with no prior warning or suggestion then I think it may be more than a case of the jitters. Whatever it was it took your advice and left. Guess it's no fun haunting someone who doesn't react.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Does your house have previous hauntings? I'm assuming so by the way you speak of being haunted. If so, maybe it was a past ghost coming back to your house to check on you?
Chaos (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
I wish the phone was a touch but sadly it is a first generation ENV. Yeah as for the restaurant I would assume is haunted by those that died there but there has not been any way to confirm it as it does not have a embodiment but just loves to move things around and mess with people. No one has seen it but many a time I was there alone and things tend to move with out me doing it.
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
My cell phone has done that twice. Its an Iphone and will light up if touched. I was sitting in my living room and it just light up. No one else was around. Dont know if its a ghost thing or a cell phone thing, but it make me stop and think why it would do that.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Chaos:
I'm sorry I assumed it was "low battery" (I can't function well without my first cup of coffee)

As far as the restaurant: The restaurant you work in is "haunted" by people who died by heart attack?
Chaos (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
No the battery on my cell phone was about half used or more. So it was not a low battery and it usually shows text and a picture when low battery.

It kind of makes me feel better I have not thought of as it of a dead relative checking up on me 😊
codove1 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
It may have followed you home from work. That just my thought. Or maybe it was a relation just checking on you. 😁 Dove
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
In my opinion this "ghost" you might have maybe only wanted to get your attention for a day. I would assume that you noticed its presence that day and perhaps not other days?

Here is a comparison: Some people have loved ones they feel protect them. The loved one that has passed may "visit" or make their presence known out of the blue. Just like your experience. Does that make sense?

As far as your cell phone: you said you had low battery. When I have low battery my phone will light up/flash light (not plugged in) and then shut off. That could be one explanation.

"...as I work in a haunted restaurant. That has had its share of people die in from heart attacks"- The restaurant you work in is "haunted" by people who died by heart attack?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: