You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Girl In The Storage Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl In The Storage Room

 

My family has been into the supernatural for as long as I can remember, but I was always the skeptic. My mom and her crazy stories about how she lived in a haunted house as a kid was just some fairy tale I told my friends when growing up to scare them. It was fun, almost believable, but way more of a party favor than real life to me.

Anyway, as I grew up, I developed a few ghost stories of my own. Sometimes I wrote them off as being something I imagined or talked myself out of actually believing in a ghost, but there's one I cannot forget.

My nephew and I were moving something out of the storage unit connected to my mom's apartment and we were laughing and having a great time trying to push something very large and heavy with a 10 year old and 20 year old hilarious, really. Right as we passed a hallway that consisted of once-filled rooms that now hung open revealing empty compartments, we both heard a noise that sent a cold chill down my spine.

"Hello." A sweet little girl's voice wandered from the hallway to where my nephew and I stood. It wasn't a harsh greeting; it was more of a surprised, "it's so nice to see you" greeting. We both immediately glanced at the hallway and slowly back to each other without saying a word.

"Let's get this thing out of here, quick," I said without mentioning anything about the voice I knew I just heard. I wasn't 100% positive he'd heard it, though. As soon as we got outside he asked me, though.

"Why did you want to get out so fast Aunt Alex?" He asked, but I know he knew the answer.

"So...you heard her, too?" I asked him.

"YES! What was that!?" He exclaimed to me thinking I would know.

"I don't know... But it sounded like a little girl just said hello to us."

We continued to my mom's apartment where we proceeded to tell her the story. She, of course, was convinced that it was a ghost. I dreamed about it months later and her name was Emily in my dream, so I call her that.

My nephew, now 11, still calls me, now 21, complaining that the memory of the little girl's voice keeps him up at night. Honestly... It keeps me up, too. I'm still kind of a skeptic... But Emily's voice is still in my head.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anb263, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Your dreams are maybe a way of releasing your fears and the same would probably apply to your nephew. I would go back as some have already recommeneded, face up to the fear this little girl has created in you both.
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
as you said she greeted you in a nice way and its plain to see she means no harm.
The reason maybe that you and your nephew can't get sleeps at night maybe because your conscious told you so. The little girl in that apartment is lonely and wants someone to talk to, maybe to know the reason why she's still there and maybe she haven't realized that she's already a ghost and must move on to the light.
Research into the history details of the apartment and maybe you'll find an answer of who is this emily or you could go there for yourself, with your nephew and your mom if all of you are not that scared and conduct an EVP experiment. Maybe you'll find an answer fast.

Good luck.
Be brave.
anb263 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
My mom seems to think that if it is a haunting of a little girl that she might have spoken just then because of the presence of my nephew and the fact that she noticed we were having fun. Thoughts?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Disembodied voices does not mean an intelligent haunting. It could have been something residual. It could have been sound traveling from another source. If it was a spirit it might be something connected to the land or the space before it was a storage space. I'm sure whatever it was it made an impression. Sound is a funny thing because it can seem to come from nowhere and everywhere.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
I thought that story was sweet! I really thought that it was interesting. Hope your family is well.
anb263 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Thanks for the comments! My mom also recommends me to go back in there. Maybe I'll bring my nephew with me. Has anyone had similar experiences?
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
I think the girl was just lonely... It has nothing against you, and won't hurt you. I recomend doing research on the building its self see if there was a emily or a little girl. Look for a reason she whould stay behind, and if you want fill that need. You don't have to just a seggestion.
shadowman (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
i would say sens she hasent botherd you sense its just you botherd you didint do inything at that moment
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
maybe she needs your help to rest in peace. Try talking to her and ask what she wants.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: