You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Neighborhood Stray

Real Ghost Stories

The Neighborhood Stray

 

This one is a little weird.

When I was still in high school I always rode the bus. I was the first one to get picked up so it was always still dark when I got on. One morning I was waiting for the bus as usual when I glanced to the right down the road and noticed something dark sitting in the middle of the road. It took my eyes a minute to focus and get used to the sudden darkness of the object but once I did I noticed it was a huge dog. Almost like a wolf but it was bigger and pitch black. It didn't look mean even though it did have red eyes. It just sat there staring at me. It was the oddest thing I've ever seen. I didn't feel scared or nervous or anything. We just stared at each other. I was really quite puzzled at seeing it and especially when it just faded away. I've never seen it again. I still don't understand why of all places I saw it on our road. We live a off of the Chattanooga city limits in a very small neighborhood.

I don't think anyone really believed me about seeing the dog. I researched it and learned that people have seen these huge dogs before but never anywhere remotely close to where I live. They were always reported in England and countries like that. There have been a few experiences in the US but again, nowhere close to Harrison, Tennessee.

Has anyone ever seen a dog like this before? This occurrence has always baffled me because I am the only one I know that has seen such a thing. Any help or stories would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by lexie4308

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lexie4308, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paranoid (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
Reminds me of a Gytrash. It's a legendary English black dog with red eyes. I read about it. It said they can also take the form of horses and such, and usually help lost travelers find their way. Another name for it is Shagfoal or something
Cloud (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
Yeah, I was watching somthing before, and it was reported in the UK, like Englind and stuff, and they said that a Big Black dog, that had Red eyes was calld Black Shuk, in the UK.
And they said if you seen the dog three times, it would lead to Sertin death, not to scare you though. O_o
But that's what the show said. I'm not really sure, if the story I seen was true, but I kind of believe it. XD
😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
hmm, interest story but I have cat who eyes are blue but it turn red when she is in mood and get mad or whatever her problem but yes red in dark I notice that.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
I do know that animals with blue eyes will reflect red in the dark. There is also claim that animals that are blind reflect red as well. Not sure what you saw but more than likely it was just a normal animal.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this dog could have been a regular every day pet with a reflecting surface causing its eyes to appear red? I am not sure but I wonder why only the one sighting.

God Bless!
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
that's ok. Don't be freak out.
I think you have a pet before, right?
Maybe one of your pets just came around. Want to say goodbye for the last time. And since it doesn't give you any goosebumps feelings, right?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: