You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: How Can A Brand New House Be Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

How Can A Brand New House Be Haunted?

 

In 2002 the house that I am currently living in was built and there was no one living in the house before me. But not long after me and my parents moved in very strange things happened in our house that we cannot explain.

My cousin who was around four at the time was sitting with me at the breakfast table in the kitchen, and suddenly he pointed at my feet and said "look at the little girl!" I have never had so many shivers in my life, and I was so terrified that I ran upstairs and got my aunt. Another incident was with my stepmom, she was with the same cousin and he pointed at the stairs and called out my dad's name, my stepmom turned around and saw a figure of a man pass by, she said he was see-through and cloud like.

She yelled at him to get out, and whatever sprits were in hearing needed to leave. We have also heard thumps and footsteps upstairs, and they are not light or barley audible they are loud as heck. The one I remember the most because it was so scary was when my there was 5 people in the kitchen including myself and we heard a loud thump in the room above us and it sounded exactly like someone had jumped or landed on the ground. I went to check upstairs and nothing had fallen nor was the window opens.

Most of the thumps came from that room, where my uncle used to stay. But before I continue I should make it clear that bad things always happen to my uncle, for reasons that are unknown to me. But when we first moved in the house and when he was staying with us I was playing out side and I heard someone going PSSST. I remember I heard it several times before I looked up at the window and saw my uncle looking down on me, he closed the blinds and I ran upstairs to demand him to stop scaring me, but the scary thing was he was in another room sleeping, I woke him up and told him about it, but he was confused and told me to stop bothering him.

Can someone please tell me what all this means? And it doesn't end there, another family member has seen a little boy who is Indian outside, he says he lives near the barbeque that we have, but my parents won't tell me more.

I know something was wrong because not too later my stepmom and her brother blessed the house. It isn't as bad as it was before, but the most recent things that happened now are my light switch turned off when I abruptly woke up one night for no apparent reason when I turned it on. And my stepmom was falling asleep and someone sat on her legs. It is creepy at night because I can feel a presence in my room at times.

Our neighbor's dog has also cried and whimpered at night and ran to the far side of the fence as far away from our house as possible. Not only bad things happen though, my stepmom has smelled roses before, but whatever is going on I just would like some answers if anyone can help me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dhudson123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
This Does sound like the Burial ground run of the mill story. 😐 But Have you considered other sorts sacred land eg. There is a dump where it was built on top of an aboriginal ritual place and occasionally a medicine man from the 1800's appears😳 As well the blessing doesn't work so perhaps you need a person of the same culture to bless/exorcise your home. Thanks for listening ❤
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
Ok, folks - now get this not every bit of north America is Indian Burial ground, the Indians were very carful with what they did with the remains of there loved ones,
xSeranade77 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
God. Little kids scare me. I've heard that they CAN see ghosts because I've heard several stories from my friends and teachers who has little people living with them and the kids supposedly said they saw a little girl or boy. The house must have been built on a grave or burial site. Get some kind of exorcist to help you out.
2rainbow17 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
Are you sure the house isn't built on an Indian Barial Ground? This might be true, because of the indian boy you see...
This commonly happens when bulding new houses. You may see the indian boy more often the longer you live the because, HE WANTS YOU OFF HIS TRIBES LAND!
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
The only thing I can say is that your new house might be haunted, because even though it is new, it might have been built on a grave yard of some sort.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
Even if a house is new or newly-built, sometimes you'll really still encounter unexplained occurrences because its only the house that's all new. But the land where its built on would already have a rich history of previous dwellers and other happenings. You might want to research on the piece of land your family has acquired to see if there's any connection to what you are experiencing right now. Good luck! 😉
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
I agree with everyone. A haunting can be attached to the land, not the house...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Your uncle could have been astrally projecting in his sleep and that would account for what you saw. The rest sounds like residual hauntings and that could be the land and nothing to do with the house except that it's in the line of fire. Also they say either people or places are haunted. If you have seen things before this happening than I would say it might be someone in the family attracting them, if not, its the land that is producing the residual hauntings.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Since the idea of a land-attachment has already been offered, I'm going to venture in a different direction -- might as well cover more bases -- and ask:

(1) Did your family have anything odd happen before you all moved into this house? In other words, did something follow you?
(2) Have you -- or someone who lives with you -- ever used a Ouija board? Have you ever tried to conjure a spirit?

Just curious.
A.
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
you said there's an indian boy near your barbeque stand, maybe that's the first hint that your land has a residual spirit.
Next, your uncle has happenings that you can't explain, maybe the thing in your land wants to mimik everyone like your dad too.
And there's one thing, a query thou, is the events of the spirits happen only in this new house or even before you guys moved in here? Maybe it's the land that is haunted or the things you brought with you is haunted.
Yuffie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Your house it not haunted, the land you live on is haunted. Try to talk to the sprits, see why they are there, and what you can do the help them. Whatever you do, do NOT use a wejie (or however they are spelled) board. Those are very bad. You can walk around the house (an adult would be preferable) with a bible, and say "In the name of Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, Please leave this place" Get holy water if you can, it is not needed, but again, is preferable.

❤ Yuffie ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
As always, I have chosen not to read the comments of others before posting my own.

Aside from your child cousin (I believe you said he was four years old) did any one ion the home have any sightings or was it just sounds?

You asked the question how a new house could be haunted? Easy, it can depend upon the ground on which the home is built. It can depend on the furnishings (from appliances dow to a hair brush) that are brought into the home, it can even depend upon the inhabitants of the home.

From the sounds of your story, I do not believe the 'entity, or entities' meant you ay harm. When in doubt I always resort to praying. An ounce of prayer is worth a ton of prevention. If this does not fit within your religious or spiritual beliefs, find something that does and stick to it.

There isno reason for a person to live in their own home in fear.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
CoolKSurfa (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
When I first saw the title of this story I clicked. Because I have the same question, as my house was built in the same year and we moved into it directly after it was built, it was only our house. At night when I was younger, I would hear footsteps and whispers and little cracks. My mother told me it was the AC, but it was FOOTSTEPS. I have excellent hearing. Since we were the first ones in our neighborhood (it's blossomed since), there were bad dirt roads and TONS of trees. Before our house, there was an old house that was blue faded to gray, and extremely torn up. Holes in the house were boarded up with things like scraps of wood and DOORS even. We tore it down, that's when our house was built. I think it's the land as well.

Good luck though, hopefully this spirit leaves ya'll alone!
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
I'm in agreement here too, it's your land that's haunted. What you can do is buy 4 St Michael medals have them blessed by your church and bury them on the 4 corners or your property invoking protection for the land. You can also hang the blessed medals on the entrances to all the rooms in the house for protection as well. That should help!

Hugs,
Joanne

Www.myangelspeak.com
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
I'm with Lou on this. It isn't always a house. Check the history of the land or what stood on it before the house was built.

Good Luck
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
d123,
Your house is not haunted, your land is haunted and the house sits on it. Check into the history of the land and find out what it used to be used for, whether there were ever other structures on it, etc. Some of the occurrences sound like residual and some sound like intelligent hauntings. You should have an adult (if you are not one) talk to the spirits to see if they can figure out what they want. A house blessing may help keep entities out of the house, but it appears they are attached to the land... Which means it would probably be impossible to exorcise them.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: