You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Unbelievable

Real Ghost Stories

Unbelievable

 

This is not my story but my mums.

Before I was born my mum and dad lived in a trailer in northern Ontario. It was a night some time in the summer. My mum and dad were sitting on the bed when my mum got a call. The store where she worked had been broken into and they wanted her there for moral support and because she was the accountant so she could tell them how much money had been stolen. My mum left and my dad remained. He continued watching TV. Then he remembered that the dogs (they had 16!), were still outside. He went to let them in, but he couldn't fid three of them. These were all show dogs so very well trained but though he called and called they never came. (Important side note, the dogs names that had been lost were Sickle, Jamie, and Indy.)

Around midnight, my dad woke up to a familiar weight at the end of the bed; he called out the name of the only dog that was aloud in the room. Indy. As he called he realized what he said. He poked, (that's right, he POKED A WOMAN out of her sleep. CRAZY!) my mum and asked if she had let the dogs in, she replied sleepily, after cursing him into the afterlife, that all the dogs had been let in when she returned home. He froze and looked towards the end of the bed. Indy sat there sweetly, just as she always did. He mentally gave a shrug and turned over to go back to sleep. He fell asleep to Indy nuzzling him, saying good bye though he didn't know it at the time.

The next day they couldn't find the other dogs (Indy and the others), they went looking. They found Indy's body at the side of the road just next the house. The other two dogs were there with her. Lying on either side of her body. Alive and well, with only minor scratches (the worst injury was a broken claw). Mum was devastated. When dad told her what had happened the night before, she whispered that

Indy had come to say goodbye.

While it was my father who truly witnessed the event of her coming back. He did not, up until the day he died, believe in ghosts. Unbelievable!

Other hauntings by TheLightBeforeDawn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheLightBeforeDawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chookie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
story was a bit confusing... But I got it... It was a good story though. I had something like this happen to me with one of my babies...
Greyle (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Ack I mean Silas. Stupid auto correct. And I,m doing this on an iPad so the auto correct is really weird
Greyle (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Ohhh wait I understand now sorry about that

And I love animals (even if I am more of a cat person) and feel really bad. If my cat solace died I would be heartbroken. And how old was Indy and when was she dead with marks and cut or was it a clean death
Greyle (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Wait you said they were alive and well but then you say ther were dead if anyone understood this Please tell me 😕
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Poor Indy...

She's Probably in heaven now, guiding you and your family and of course the other dogs.

I think Sickle and Jamie was her/his hero but to no avail...

GOD BLESS you, your family and your dogs!

Spica ❤
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Poor Indy, let's hope she's in doggie heaven now.
I can't imagine 16 dogs living in a single household! I have 1 Golden Retriever and I think it's a lot of work, let alone 16!
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Ghostluver, my mum and dad bred them, so yeah, they did have an amazing amount of dogs. I think that the most that they had at one time was 23! Most of them were cocker spaniels or golden retreivers.😁

In response to you, CutishIvy, we think that they were hit by a car while chasing something across the road. Probably Indy, R.I.P., was in front. Apparently she loved chasing any thing that moved.

And Lisa66, you are right. So many amazing things happen when dogs are around. They truley are amazing. BTW I will have to look up your story. I always love the pet ones.

Goddess Bless,
TLBD
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
This is not the first story like this I have heard and I believe them all. Why? Because it happened to me too but I never saw anything just felt it. My one dog whom at 18 had to be put down jumped onto my bed for 3 years after her death. It never scared me just puzzled me. I would turn a light on just to make sure I wasn't dreaming and nothing would be there. It happpend for 3 years until I got my next pet and then it stopped after about a month. Grief, it could have been for the first few months but 3 years? I think our pets can let us know they are fine even after death and may end up with us until ready to move on. I just put my 14 year old cat down but I have yet to sense her. Maybe she was really ready to leave. Great story.
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Light,
Thanks for sharing your dad's story. I can relate to this as I myself, am a dog lover and shared an experience involving one of my dogs on this site. Very sweet the other two dogs stood watch over Indy until your mum came upon her. Dogs are truly amazing creatures... God sure knew what he was doing when he created them!:)
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
ok. Weird thing.
At least the dog knows how to say goodbye and they know that they are well loved.
Anyways, I just wonder what happen that night, why does the three dogs are out on the road with injuries?
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
that is a really creepy story. And that is amazing that you guys had 16 dogs! Wow! I hope you and your family are doing alright!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: