You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Birthday Gift

Real Ghost Stories

Birthday Gift

 

It was around 2002 (at the time I was 6). My birthday was coming and of course being 6, I was overjoyed. My aunt was currently living with my family and she was really into porcelain dolls, but I found them creepy. Well, when my birthday finally came I was given so many gifts and I loved them all except one.

My aunt had given my sister and me a doll. I couldn't deny the fact that they were beautiful, they just made me feel uneasy. I was never the type of person to hurt someone's feelings (I still am!) so I didn't tell her I didn't want it. My mom hung it up in my room and after a few days I got used to its glass eyed stare.

It must have been a few days before Christmas, that's when strange things started happening. I didn't really notice anything, it was my dad who was affected. This is what he told me. One night he was sitting on his bed while my mom got ready for bed in the bathroom. Abruptly he felt a small cold hand on his back, thinking it was my mom he turned around, but no one was there.

A day or two after that, when it was time for bed he heard footsteps of a child and giggling coming from my room. He thought it might have been my younger brother that sneaked into my room to play as he often did, but when he went in and turned on the lights it all stopped. My dad got really spooked and ran to his room calling out my mom's name. (good thing I was a heavy sleeper.)

The last thing that happened was again at bedtime. That night my sister, brother and I slept in the same bed since it was a cold winter night. My dad had already turned off all the lights, but as soon as he lay down he heard giggles. He got up, went to my room and flicked on the lights. Thats when he finally saw him. It was a little boy just around the age of my younger brother, but he vanished as soon as my dad blinked. Then he saw one of my stuffed animals smack into the wall (as if someone tried to take it with them through the wall)!

After that things got real calm and soon after that we moved out. Not because of the ghost, but because of the bar underneath our apartment was getting too noisy. My aunt stored my porcelain doll away and took it with her because it was too big and I had too much stuff already.

I'm not not sure about this yet, but could it have been the doll?

Other hauntings by SummerEclipse22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SummerEclipse22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sweety (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
i don't think that it had anything to do with the doll. The teddy bear falling part really got me wow.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
What was the dolls name chucky lol. I think somepeople get creeped out by dolls especually very human looking ones. Thank god you got rid of it eh. Regards Jack 😊sorry about my sence of humour.
Timesobserver (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Great story. It's not unusual for ghosts to be attached to objects. It happens a lot.

It could also just be one of those things where the boy just happened to be there and it had nothing to do with the doll.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
Just my opinion, I think the doll was possessed and it's been damaged or maybe the little boy your father saw was the former owner of it and he was the doll. I too, have a doll, and whenever I see her, I get spooked and get the creeps when I look at her.

Thanks for sharing a wonderful story,
God Bless
Spica Dantelton ❤ 😊
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
maby it could be a doll. It could be pausesed or the it could be used as a vausal for another ghost. I never liked dolls anyway. My advice stay AWAY from the doll!
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
I don't think there's anything wrong with telling your children ghost stories my mom used to tell me hers and it was way scary. I think that the little boy was part of the place you lived at did he ever pick up the doll you were given?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Hi Summer,

Thank you for the submitting your story.

I enjoyed reading it though I have to wonder why at the age of 9 as you stated your father would want to spook you out about the little boy. What baffles me is after your father saw the little boy he vanished after that mmmmmm.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Why would your father tell his fears to a six year old? Or did he tell you as a teen? Either way, looks like your father was *haunted*, not you!
mickerschlub (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Hey. It's completely possible. I've done research in the past, and ghosts get stronger when you communicate with them-using items like ouija boards. And, on another story on this website, a guy borrowed a library book, and terrible things started happening to him and his sister.
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Hi SummerE22,

Like you, I have NEVER been fond of those dolls. They are really creepy... Anyway, when I was about 5, my older cousin (she was 15 or 16) had 2 porcelain CLOWNS sitting on a small desk in her bedroom.
I had to sleep over at her house every weekend due to my mom's job, and I could swear they looked at me at night. Obviously nobody believed me, but I still get the creeps when I remember them 😨
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
SummerEclipse, porcelain dolls can be creepy -- and if the posts on e-Bay are true, they can frequently be haunted, too!

If you get bored, try searching "haunted doll" on e-Bay. There are hundreds of people who claim to own haunted dolls. Some people claim to have found them in abandoned houses; at estate sales; in grandma's attic, etc. Some have pretty interesting stories.

Do you recall if the doll in this story was new or "pre-owned?" Might be interesting to know this story's prologue, as relates to the doll's history.

Thanks for sharing!

A.
SummerEclipse22 (6 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
My dad told me this story when I was 9,but only because I was into ghosts, so he shared his story with me. 😳
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Not sure a boy ghost would be that attracted to a doll but maybe more so to your dad. Apparently your dad is sensitive and the entity knew who could hear and see him so he sought out your father. I don't like dolls of any kind and I never have. Even as a child I was very disappointed when I got one as a gift. A friend of mine collects dolls and I always tell her they probably walk around at night so keep the door closed lol. Great story thanks for sharing.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Summer Eclipse hi and thank you for sharing the experience. I guess very few people like dolls.

I am buffled by something though and I was wondering if you could clarify it for me. Are you saying your dad found it wise to share his "concerns" about the doll and the spine chilling experiences with a child who had just turned 6?!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
It could have been any number of things causing the child to remain in the apartment, but it sounds like he was there for playful attention.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
well, it "could" have been the porcelain doll, since most of the child like haunting came from the toys they played it with.
There's always a possibility that the thing is quite haunted and in some sense maybe the child ghost has been there since you all are just kids and you said the ghost child wants to have one of your stuff animal with him? Well, maybe he needs something to play with, or since the child giggles, he might want something to bring to "his friend". There's a lot of assumption but I could never conclude that it's only relates to the porcelain doll alone.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
I think that it did have something to do with that doll, it may have been possible that the ghost boys was somehow connected to the doll in someway. Interesting. I'll have to think about this story!
rrc3 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
😲 wow make more story I love them srry but I need this so make more ples ther good
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Hi Summer,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I too, was given a porcelain Siamese cat as a child that really gave me the creeps. It had belonged to a great aunt who had passed away. I could have sworn the eyes would follow me. It used to be in my room but I moved it out to my Mom's china cabinet. This all happened when I was a teenager (many moons ago!). I had arrived home one night during a thunder storm. My family had all gone to bed and the electricity had gone out. Upon entering my room there was a flash of lightening and guess what I saw back in my room? My mom had moved it back to my bureau. I actually grabbed it and moved it back to the china cabinet in the dark. My mom eventually just threw it away. It gave her the creeps too!

I don't know if it is the doll that caused the haunting or not. It is possible that the ghost of the child may have had some attraction to the doll. Do you know where your aunt got the doll? Was it brand new when she purchased it?

Thanks again for sharing!
Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: