You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Buddy The Ghost Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Buddy The Ghost Dog

 

Yes, this is the ghost dog story I was talking about. It was around summer time in 2007 I was sitting on the porch with my cat Luna. I sat there with her on my lap staring at the sunset as I did every evening just listening to the woods around me. At this time my house was also right on dead mans curve. So anyway I was sitting there when all of a sudden my cat hisses at some invisible creature then dig her claws in to my leg. I looked everywhere for the thing that scared her so much but never found it. After a few seconds I heard what sounded like footsteps in my gravel drive way, and then heavy breathing like a dog would do after running a lot.

I picked up Luna and ran inside, sat down on the couch to scared to even dare go out side again. Finally I told my Mom what happened and she said that I am just hearing stuff. The next day as I went outside to look around I saw a cross like grave in the bushes it said 'Buddy' on it. The weird thing about it is that there was no bone in the grave it was dug open.

About a month later my friend Bonnie came over and we decided to go hiking, we found an old house so we thought about digging around in the rocks outside and we did. I and Bonnie found a whole spine and legs of a dog. Later on that day we set out again but in a different direction we started running when I tripped over something. When Bonnie helped me up I saw what I tripped over, it was the skull of a dog. I took it back to the other bones I had found and me and Bonnie put them together.

At last we were done! We thought forever what kind of dog it could be. It was bigger than a coyote, but yet smaller than a Great Dane. Finally my German shepherd Luke came in the bed room and lay down. It matched! The dog bones belonged to a German shepherd.

I and Bonnie spent forever trying to figure out the death and why there were no bones in the grave. As I was looking over the bones I picked up the shoulder blade, on the shoulder blade was a tied piece of string. We also noticed how most of the bones were in bad shape. We finally got a hold of the people who owned the house before us. They said that they had a German shepherd that went missing and they later found it hung by the shoulder blade with a string. They took it down and put it in the back yard to bury the next day. When they got done making the tombstone and digging a grave they went to go get the dog and he was gone.

They never got to bury their dog. After I found all the bones I invited them over to bury their dog. After they buried it I never saw or heard Buddy again but I am still determined to find the killer.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Saggopink, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
The wierd thing is the dog came to you maybe to be buried by it's owners. It was asking you to help it.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
I love animals! The killer must mistaken the dog and he/she had no heart. He/she must ran away and leave the dog bleed to death. When I figured out who it was, I'm going to teach him/her a lesson.

Thanks for the story!
Spica Dantelton ❤ ❤
SummerEclipse22 (6 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Thats so sad, but it is interesting of how the bones were moved. I'm relieved that in the end you gave the animal a proper burial.
😳
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Great story!

To tell you the truth, in the beggining of the story, I was starting to think that the dog dug himself out of his grave and left it there but never mined after I read it I get it. I hate it when someone kills an animal so that was a good thing you did by giving the dog an a nice funeral and finally putting it to rest.

Great story!
Thanks for sharing!
-diana 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: