You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Pushed Off A Ladder

Real Ghost Stories

Pushed Off A Ladder

 

This story was told to me from my mother. Three years ago my mom and step-dad bought this 108 year old victorian mansion. A lot of weird things have been happening since my family has bought this house. During the winter months, before our attic was fully remodeled into a third floor living space (and my bedroom), my mother was up on a ladder working on the electrical wiring for a celling fan.

She said, and quote, "I felt a hand on my back that pushed me clear off the ladder." And she said it wasn't a nice tap on the back, it was a full blown shove. She caught herself and yelled (thinking it was my step-dad), "Stop messing around." When she looked around the room nobody was there.

My step-dad to this day swears he was sleeping when my mother was up in the attic. My mom doesn't like the attic to this day and always likes to have another person up there when she does some remodelings just incase the "unseen" tries to pull something that might put her in danger.

Since then I live up there. The remodeling isn't fully done yet, but when I go to bed I feel like I'm constantly being watch and its a bit unnerving at times.

I discussed this with my French teacher (who is awesome) and she believes in the supernatural. She says that my house might be a dormant portal to the dead. I wanted to use a oujia board to see what the heck was in my house but I was ill advised against it because it might bring more into my house than I bargained for.

Other hauntings by Mercury_Lyn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mercury_Lyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
[I haven't read all of the comments]I had something similar happen to me one time, except I was actually shoved down a flight of stairs. I felt a real hand on my back before I was shoved. It was no tap on the back either. I don't think it'll happen agin to your mom, nothing like that ever happened to be after that. I don't know what to say about your house, it sounds like a lot of it's possibly poltergiest activity. I don't think all of it is, some of it may be residual, some may be ntelligent, I don't know one way or another to tell.

-Sar-osity. ❤
Mercury_Lyn (5 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
My mother wasn't hurt but she was still a little freaked. Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate it.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
That's true, using the Ouija board may cause more problems on your house. I believe in supernatural and your house is 108 years old right? Maybe many people died in that house and one ghost maybe tricking your mom and other siblings in your house.

GOD BLESS!
Spica ❤
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
That's true, using the Ouija might just do more harm than help as it might agitate the spirit that may be present in your house. It might also be a portal for them to come out especially if you are not able to finish the session or if the session gets interrupted due to your fear, Might be best to have the house blessed or cleansed.
ZaneBrain (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
That's an unusual story. Did your mom get hurt? About the Ouija board. My dad isn't really a believer of the paranormal, but he yelled at me when I said I was going to use the Ouija board. He told me that if you do it by yourself, you could be possessed, and he was serious. I've heard stories about people using Ouija boards, and making their houses haunted. So I would stay away from the Ouija Board for now. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: