You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Loud Mouth

Real Ghost Stories

The Loud Mouth

 

This starts back two summers ago, when it was hot at night and coydogs barked at an unsuspecting cat. The wind was just a breeze and the moon was just peaking over the tree tops and was making the trees look like scowling monsters with a lot of leafbugs on them. My eyes slid off to sleep listening to the small violinists outside.

HACK!

What was that?

HACK!

I picked my head up slightly and looked out the window. Nothing was there and the HACK noise (sounded like someone was stabbed in the gut and was coughing up blood) sounded like it was getting closer to the one room school house down the dirt road infront of my house.

HACK!

A shiver crawled up my spine everytime I heard it. I finally had enough and almost ran into my sister's room.

"You heard it, too?" My sister was sitting up in bed with a lamp on her side table. The HACK was still closer. I heard it again and cringed in fear. It sounded like it was right outside our house, knowing we were there watching it. I slept in my sister's room that night (we stayed up mostly that night) and we heard it many several times during summer. I still jump when I hear HACK at night. Since I turned 15, I haven't heard it much, but Summer is on it's way.

Other hauntings by Forgotten_angel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Vermont

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Forgotten_angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-18)
SCARY! 😨 Who else lived there before you, have you ever done any research on the place? No way could I stay there... Thanks for sharing.
Forgotten_angel (2 stories) (33 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
I actually looked around for it in the past years- neighbors had heard it to- it would come around around 1am -2 am.
After I moved, the noises went away. It sounded like someone couldn't get something out of their throat and would go on for days. ^.^; scary, I presume.
butthead (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
sounds creepy, and don't doubt that it would send shivers down my spine.
Yet the fact you hear it many times and also the fact it can easily be explained by some natural noise or noise created by a human (cutting something? Things dropping from tree's that hit something that somehow creates a noise similar to that of a "HACK"? The possibilites seem too endless to consider it paranormal imho.
We all hear wierd things from time to time but it does not make it paranormal.

You say summer is coming soon? Could it be someone cutting wood for the winter fire?

I'm just throwing random guesses, such a noise I cannot re-create, only imagine.
We have all heard scary things that have left us to change our pants, I just don't see how you can connect this with paranormal without attempting to discount every other possible cause. 😉
eskay (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
That sounds freaky. 😭
Hope it goes away, best of luck.
-ESKAY-
3nj0y (19 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
Wow that's seriously freaky and pretty messed up lol... I would probably start whimpering and crying if I heard that at night 😭 😲.
SummerEclipse22 (6 stories) (15 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Has anyone else heard the HACK noise?
I think maybe you should do some background research of your home, cause maybe someone had died that way in you house or near it. Either way that HACK sounds really spine chilling.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
That is suuuuuuper scary! Have you told anyone else about the noise? And is there any way it could be an animal? Just wondering. Also, your story is well written and I really like the metaphors and similies you throw in, it's nice:)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
hello, interest story, did you find out what that cause that sound? Just wonder what cause that sound come from. But very intrest story and hope to hear some more story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: