You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Black Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Shadow

 

Not to long ago I was getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. On my way down the hall I noticed something moving. I went in to look around to see if it was my dogs but, they where fast asleep in their crates in the other room. So I went back to bed not thinking much about it.

The next night when I got up to go to the bathroom I saw what looked like a black shadow over my sister. I quickly walked into the bathroom stayed in there for a little while before going back to bed.

The next morning I told my mother who told me that both my mother and father had seen a black shadow hanging by the door of their room. The thing also likes to turn on my bedside tables light.

We also hear voices. The TV will turn on by its self. We will come home to find things moved around. We have had several other things like this happen but these are the main things.

No one is ever harmed what could this mean?

Recently a family member passed away could it be them?

We have also found caving in windows when we where redoing the house. Could those be linked to anything?

Please leave a comment if you have any info on this situation

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, loveu29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TylerElizabeth (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Yes, construction work on a house can awaken a spirit that was there... If all this stuff happened after the construction that's probably what caused it to awaken. The black figure is deff a spirit and could be a demon. They usually leave bad feelings, you being watched, the black figure you see around the house, and the cold chills. The cold chills are usually caused when the spirit wants to draw negative energy to its self so it can try to get to you. Not get into your body but like try to communicate with you. As for the items being moved is more of a poltergeist. But what it looks like it is a demon. Try salt. But best thing to do it call a priest. They will bless your house. Which will help. I have had demon problems before as well. And it really looks like you have one. Best thing to do is not tempt it. Don't threaten it because it may make things worse. Get help from a priest or a ghost hunting team! And PRAY!
EezyBates89 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
wow that's wierd next time you see it try yelling hellooo! In a british accent. I had a shadow ghost yell this at me so I wonder what would happen if you try yelling it at one of them.
IDrawOnMyself (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Unlike kuromi2012 I do believe in shadow people. I see them often, they have never harmed me. Normally they are friendly, but every once in a while you'll get one with a bad streal, annoying little things. Just ask God to protect you and your family from evil, then maybe try asking it to leave, if it's frightening you.
doc (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I would also suggest having a religious candle in the house. I have seen three black shadows together in my bedroom for a while and recently, they have disappeared when I started using the candles.
geniecompfort (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
wow that is soo scary... I would ask it to leave or pray. That would help more then anything ever could.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Do nothen other than pray. Black shadows are evil spirits. God is in full control. Know you are safe and when you see it or feel unsafe stop what you are doing and pray. God will put your heart and mind at peace. I know you want to run and hide but try not to fear it because that's what they feed off of. Let it know you are not feared by it and it will go on its way to freaken others out. Fear and anger are the two main things they want from you.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
I know how you feel hearing voices >< I hear a voice like a yell in the distance or a whisper and it says my name o-o
I've also seen a shadow watching my friend (its in one of my stories if you'd like to read it;p) and it was a black shadow wearing a hat o-o
Try telling it to leave (even though I've never asked mine to leave because I've been too scared ><) ^^
Or, just for fun xD, when it turns the lights on, ask it to turn them off and see what happens xD
jakester913 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
Has it ever crossed your mind that it could be a poltergiest or demon? Poltergiest like play with and drive you insane but demons won't do that, they will bother your family and let its evil freinds come to, its just like a party of teror for them.

God bless you. ❤
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
It could be a demon trying to trick you into believing it is your past relative. Demons can morph and make you believe things you wouldn't. If it makes you feel uncomfortable or you get a bad vibe from it you should definitely look into having the house blessed. A past relative would not make you feel uncomfortable. Going along with what kuromi said, if you see the shadow you could confront it if you or someone is brave enough and banish it with something like "Be gone in the name of Jesus/God". But be warned, if you don't believe in what you say it may not work. Stay safe.
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
thats really creepy I don't think it will do you harm but I don't believe in "shadow people" as most do I believe its a demon because of experiences I have seen because at the time they seem harmless but once you bless the place with holy water or anything like that they run screeching my best advise would be not to let it touch you or get near your loved ones if you want you can try to say a prayer whenever you see it... Test it to see if its evil or not I bet you don't want anything evil in your house... Best of luck to you:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: