You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma And Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma And Grandpa

 

At the beginning of the year, my grandma was in the hospital so my uncle drove his daughter, my brother, my sister, and me to South Carolina to see her. We missed School and it turned out she passed away the next day. That Night I had a dream of her watching me.

We stayed there a week after she passed away for the wake and the funeral. Eventually everyone started getting along again and were okay. [We were still a bit sad though.] Eventually the two-day wake came along and I started crying the last day of the wake.

My cousin, my sister, and I stayed at my cousin's house the day before the funeral so we could all get ready together. (My Grandma used to live in my cousin's house).

That night we came home between 7 -9 pm. I saw a silhouette the same as my grandma's walking in the place that she used to sit and pace in. My Cousin said she'd be downstairs and said to get changed before bed. So we changed and talked a bit. When we looked downstairs my cousin was still using the bathroom.

We didn't want to stay up in her room anymore because it was cold and so we went down stairs where it was warmer.

While I was walking downstairs, I looked back at my cousin's room to see if I switched off the light and I saw my grandma and grandpa together. His arm was around her shoulder and her's was around his waist. She was wearing a duster just like she always wore when she lived at my cousin's house. Then when I looked again they disappeared.

A few days after that, I saw my grandpa and grandma standing in the doorway of my brothers room and I keep seeing them sometimes still in front of his doorway.

Two months later, I was still sad about it and I had a dream of her telling me to promise to stop crying. I made the promise and then I woke up from my dream. I have not cried ever since.

Another month later I saw her in my room, she had a long white dress and white wings.

That was the last visit I got from her.

Other hauntings by username50

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, username50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

username50 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Thank You Everyone For Your Comments On The Story And Explaining What It Meant. 😊
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss but I have no doubt she was there with your grandfather to assure you she was alive and well on the other side. I've read before that when we lose those close to us and mourne longer than average, it makes those who have passed "hold off" on completely passing over as they want to comfort us in our time of grief. I would guess that's why she came to you in your dream to let you know the time to grieve for her was over and she would be just fine, especially since she was back with your grandfather. Peace 😊
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
That's a very nice story:) I'm glad they are together again. Best wishes ❤
michelle455 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
You said that you saw your grandma with white wings, right? That probably meant your grandma is in heaven.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: