You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: In The Shower

Real Ghost Stories

In The Shower

 

My scariest encounter occurred when I was in middle school. I'm 22 now.

I was about 14 years old and was always at my best friend's house. According to my friend and her family, weird things happened frequently at their house, though I thought nothing of the events.

My friend often told me stories about hearing footsteps in the attic, cords becoming unplugged for no reason and lights being switched off. I felt safe in the new house and had no reason to be scared.

One afternoon I decided to take a shower in my friend's parent's bathroom. I went into their room, locked the bedroom door, walked past the sinks and locked myself into the bathroom with the shower and the toilet. I made sure that there was no way my friend's perverted little brother could get into the bathroom.

I started the shower and stripped down. Like most people, I had a routine. I started by washing my hair. I glanced out of the clear, non-tempered glass door while massaging the shampoo into my scalp and saw what appeared to be my friend standing there. Shocked, I did a double take, and then proceeded to tell her to get out. Before I could finish my sentence, the blonde girl in the white robe turned around and disappeared without ever opening or closing the door.

After hurrying to get out of the shower, I asked my friend why she was in the bathroom. She said she had never entered the bathroom. No one else in the house was blonde like her. The event was so shocking that I was unable to take showers in showers with clear glass for about six years. After the six years, now I put towels over the sides of the shower so I cannot see outside of the glass. I even had to go to therapy for this event.

People have blamed it on steam. People have blamed it on the glass. I know what I saw. It was only about two feet in front of me

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissLindy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kioko (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
hahaha I do that too. I put my towel there too now since my incident! XD
what_is_around_us (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Maybe the thing you saw wasn't harmful since it left when you wanted it to.

And to Zackandchelsea:

Be careful what you ask for hun, you might get it. And hopefully if you do get to see anything its a good entity and not a bad one, I would not wish that evil on my worse enemy. But when you're thinking about that be careful, Lucifer can twist your thoughts and words around, and you may unleash something you regret. Again just be careful hun.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Holy, that is scary. Oh was the perverted brother older or younger and by how much. Younger that not so uncommon, older: now that scary too.
But I would look into the history of the house.
Have a nice day.
GIRLIE 😁
Twilightkiss (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
wow, that would scare me to. It sounds like it was a very traumatic experience and I am deeply sorry for the pain it caused you! ❤
ZackandChelsea_forever (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
That would scare me pretty good, too. Wow. Sometimes I consider myself lucky to have never seen anything. I've seen shadows, but that's about it as far as the supernatural goes.

All this stuff is really interesting. I would like to see a ghost, but at the same time, I know I'd be terrified.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I have had some thing like that happen to me to but the door was a curtain. I was washing my hair then the curtain started moven so fast that I couldn't hold it still. When it stoped I ran out of the bathroom naked yelling at my husband. He was not in the house he was outside smoken. I don't know why ghost do that other than feeding from fear. I know how you felt. Do not feel bad I have been to three doctors for help and I found out I am not crazy just gifted I guess.
megster717 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I would have been freaked too!
My shower has clear glass so I would have had trouble recovering from that incident too.
Maybe it was one of your friend's relatives who passed, and who looked a lot like her.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
maybe the perverted brother had been hiding in the bedroom. They're like that.
lexie427 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
i ❤ this story it's so weird! And creepy. I had a few encounters myself. I love creepy stories. I say they're pretty cool.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: