You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Brother's Casa

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother's Casa

 

When I came home to Houston, Texas I got the surprise that my brother had bought a house, a big five-bedroom house in a humble neighbourhood. It has the feeling of a safe haven when you look at it from the outside but on the inside it's a different story.

When I arrived in Houston I didn't immediately stay at the house. I ended up staying in some apartments because my dad worked in those apartments and the fact that we were getting free rent didn't hurt. We ended up moving from the apartments because the crime was high and that's when I moved to my brother's haunted house.

My brother kept telling me about the lady who got killed in the house that roams the rooms at night scaring people out of their minds. I thought he was kidding. According to my brother a lady got killed in the house. I believe robbery was the motive. Two men broke into the house and killed her right by a bedroom that's near the front entrance of the house. I think she was shot.

Two nights after I had moved in things were going smooth. I had forgotten about the ghostly lady. After five days that I'd been there is when the first ghostly encounter happened. I'd been there for a week and nothing out of the ordinary had happened. One night, surprise! The lady made her presence known, and I really mean she made her presence known. She sat on my bed and even though I couldn't see her, I could feel her. The lady didn't even sit on the corner of my bed she sat really close to my face as if she wanted me to know that she was there. I ignored the feeling as much as I could and got some shuteye.

Two or three nights later I was putting the incident on the back burner. I had been in the house all day and nothing strange had occurred. At around 2 or 3 a.m. When I was about to crash is when the lady decided to pay me a visit. This time she sat on my bed again. She sat and started tapping her foot. Believe me I was awake and for a moment I laid really still trying to see if it was just my imagination playing tricks on me and no, I could really feel somebody sitting there tapping their foot. I was a little shocked but not scared out of my mind.

I kept my sanity because I told myself that it had to be the lady. I also didn't feel threatened or a negative vive or anything. I had the courage to get up that night and turn on the light and walk down the hallway and knock on my aunt's room to crash because no way I was going to stay in that room alone. I wasn't frozen to death but still I'm not brave enough to remain in a room with an unknown identity from another world or dimension or however we want to explain the mystery.

Another incident happened like three months later. It was really late like 11p.m. At night. I had gone to get myself a burger, because when you're hungry, you're hungry! As I was walking towards my home's driveway I saw someone was near my aunt's car. I even looked twice and saw the person was still there but when I walked up the driveway I didn't see anyone. I even looked around my aunt's car and the person had disappeared. I guess the lady must have been making sure that I'd gotten home safe that night and I'm grateful for that.

The lady hasn't been making many appearances lately but I feel like I have a friend who might be looking after me. She doesn't really scare me that much so I guess she can be my ghostly buddy as long as she decides to share her home with me. Who says we can't share our home with the unknown?

By: Jackeline Lopez

Other hauntings by jackeline

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jackeline, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
Crime or haunted casa you make the call I think I would choose the hood but that's just me I was poked in the head by someone I could not see and it wasn't the tequila
what_is_around_us (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
that is very interesting, I have usually heard of murdered spirits being evil and resentful of those living. It is good to know that not all entities and spirits that haunt places are bad. 😁
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Hi Jackeline,

I enjoyed both your stories. This one reminded me of the lady who would come and sit right next to me whilst sleeping, if I stirred she would pat my head gently until I fell asleep.
Neuro (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
How neat, a friendly ghost! I would've fainted if that happened to me. Since you don't feel threatened, that definetley is a good ghost.
megster717 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
At least she wasn't a bad spirit.
It's a good thing that you have a "spirit buddy".
Try to communicate with her the next time she sits on your bed.

😁
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Very good story, Jackeline. I probably would have wet my pants had a ghost sat next to me in bed (especially a murdered one).

Still, it sounds as if she feels the need to protect you and that's a good thing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: