You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts Calling My Name While Sleeping

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Calling My Name While Sleeping

 

I moved to a new apartment in a different state. A couple of nights I'd hear a man's voice calling my name. Twice this happened at 3 in the morning, and after that I woke up everyday for 3 months at the same time. I'm the kind of person that when I go to bed I don't wake up until that alarm clock rings. It could thunder and I wouldn't even wake up. Then I started to find things missing, and appear in places that I normally don't put them. I used to say out loud, "Who are you? What do you want? Do you need anything? I can't help you if you don't tell me."

I spoke about this to a local Priest and told him my situation; I asked him if he could come by and bless my apartment. After the blessing of my apartment, he told me it was a mischievous ghost; harmless. It has been 4 months and I hadn't had any problems until last Saturday at 6:30 am. I heard my name being called twice. May I say that I live in a 3 story apartment building on the 3rd floor, second floor has been empty since before I moved in and the first floor tenants were away for the weekend.

I got up and checked the door and out the window. No one was around...

I'm not afraid, just don't like to be called when no one is answering me.

So far nothing else has happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amador1254, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amador1254 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
It has been about 4 months and haven't heard anything in my house, except last night this time was different it was about 11PM I had just got confortable in bed put on my music as usual to go to sleep, then with in about 10 minutes I heard someone cry and I said to myself hey you live alone it must be your imagination, then I felt someone lying on my bed and lean again'st me, it give me the chills, then I turned on the light one was there, then I said a prayer and went to sleep.
Alastor (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Sounds like the old story of the Crocotta, you should Google it. Heh, big mythology buff here.
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I agree with what 4-d said. My mother always told me never to answer a spirit or give it a name, this can attach it to you and trust me from experience they do not like to go away so easy. Besides you TRUELY NEVER KNOW WHAT YOUR DEALING WITH. It may say it is one thing and be another such as a demon or a spirit looking to do you harm. So my suggestion is act like you don't hear it and hopefully it will get the hint and go away.
God bless and Good Luck
Zukismom
charlielarlotte (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I have had this, and have just told the spirit's I need sleep, I will talk to you tomorrow, and sure enough they return, sometimes all they need is someone to talk to. The best thing to do is say hello, and let them know you know are there.
Rosie93 (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
It's interesting how the spirit activity always occurred at 3AM. Yes, that is the most common time of day for activity, and I've heard of hundreds of experiences that happened at that exact time. The spirit that you are dealing with sounds harmless to me, like the priest said. Also, blessings are not always guaranteed to work. Sometimes the activity subsides and then comes back, as it did with you.
Good luck and best wishes! ❤
what_is_around_us (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
4d:

My mother also told me not to answer if I hear my name called and no one is around.
She said that is like inviting the spirits to use you as they please.
Kwazimoto (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Have you tried making a recording when you call out, asking if you can help? Many of today's cellphones have voice recorders built in. It usually only takes a minute or so to work out how to access this function, and they make excellent, portable, make-shift recorders.

If you have a computer with a microphone you can use Windows' Sound Recorder program (found in Start-Accessories-Entertainment), or whatever program comes with the Mac, to try making a localized recording if you persist down this road.

Personally, I prefer to tell them off;)
Just call out and let them know you do NOT appreciate being woken up that early. Actually you just reminded me of an incident I feel I need to report here.
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Wow, interesting story. I have had someone wake me up by calling my name in the past. Interesting that you mention 3am - the commonest time for activity to occur in the night, if I recall correctly!
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
I had a similar thing happen to me. My mother always said not to answer strange calls because mischievous spirits enjoy the attention and continually bother you because of the riser they get out of you. Good luck with your ordeal! 😁 Aloha-4d

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: