You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scared And Confused Child

Real Ghost Stories

Scared And Confused Child

 

TThis story takes place in Jacksonville, Florida. I was around 9-11 years old (not sure which age, but in higher elementary school). We had just moved into a new house maybe about 10 minutes away from a cemetery. The events I will tell you about, I thought were caused by that, but later found out another shocking truth. The first thing that creeped me out about this house once we moved in, was that the room I was to sleep in was covered in bees. One of my greatest fears. The entire floor was covered in bees, closet, the windowpanes the shelves in the closet, everywhere. With me being terrified of bees I did not want to touch them, so my mother and grandmother went in and cleaned them up and inspected the room for a hive or a broken window...nothing!

Then I figured everything was fine, but about 2 months later the bees returned. You can imagine how terrified I was to come home from school and find my room covered in bees again. This time they were on the bed especially my pillow, underneath it, my closet, the windows again, and the shelves. This time my mother further inspected the room. Still to find a heaping pile of NOTHING! This was the last time I saw bees in my room. But after the following events I would have gladly come home to the bees everyday.

About a month or so after the bee incident I was laying in bed about to fall asleep when something said look up at the ceiling. I reluctantly looked up and what I saw was horrifying. I saw a devil/demon like creature with a pointed tail. Next to him was a man. He was knelt down with a bowed head. Then the devil/demon took a trident and began stabbing at the man. He looked to be in so much pain. The devil/demon laughed. I closed my eyes hoping it would be over, but when I opened them the poor man was still being tortured. I ran to tell my mom and she just said go back to sleep.

I went back to my room and prayed until I fell asleep. A few nights later my brother claimed the face of the devil was in his window. I went in to see and sure enough there was a face imprinted in the glass like it was somehow in the middle of the plate, neither inside nor out. Now whether it was the devil or not I cannot say but I can tell you that there was no good in it. A few weeks after that our microwave began to go off at exactly 3:15a.m. Every morning. The first night I heard it through my sleep, I woke up and went to see what it was and when I looked there was no food in the microwave, nor was there anyone in the kitchen. I also noticed that while the microwave was going the time was stuck on 66, it never went lower.

Later that night I woke up to use the bathroom and ad I walked out of my room into the hall I saw a woman standing in the hall, and she was dressed in attire from the 1800's she had very long dead nails and was reading out of a brown leather bound book and whispering to herself while pointing at me. I then realized she was a witch reading from her spell book. I was frozen out of fear. I went to tell my mom but she didn't believe me.

It wasn't until my mom actually witnessed things in the house that she started listening to my brother and me. For instance, my mom woke up one night and saw a woman standing in the bed over her. Then one night after work she saw another woman in her bedroom window between the curtains and the window as if she was expecting someone to come home. Then she started to hear the microwave at night, after this she decided to talk to the neighbours and ask if they knew of anything going on at the house. Well all the neighbours had the same story:' The woman who lived there before you used to sit on the porch in the dark of night and practice witchcraft, she also held Ouji parties at her house as well as practicing black majik in the back yard.

After hearing this and being the Christian woman that my mother was (rest her soul) she decided that that house was no place for her nor her children, I think we stayed in that house for maybe 6 months 8 tops. And to this day I can still see beings from the 'other' side, and I also hear things that are not there, or that others cannot hear as well as see them. I also have very vivid dreams of people being hurt by evil beings.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, what_is_around_us, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DarthVenom (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
It sounds to me like the woman who lived there previously opened a doorway (either inadvertently or intentionally) that she failed to close, and let something malicious in. It was either an inhuman entity, or an angry or tricky human spirit trying to make itself look like a demon. Either way, good thing you got outta dodge while the going was good.
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
bees...hmm that reminds me of a movie on Black Magic I watched...! 😐

You possibly could be under a spell, for all you know...!
White_Rose (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-02)
Actually if you didn't know, bees are mostly considered evil they were used in the making of potions, Or so the old witchcraft book says, bees were generally evil with a thin coating of substance on the stinger that was vital in most witchery potions.

As well as the whole double six thing on the microwave, the devil's nubers are three six's...it's his calling card basically, I don't know if you knew this but, those numbers were always found somehow at any supposed devil "attack"!

Brown leather bound books were normally witchery books, I am sure you already knew this.

I hope this helped you!
l-l
❤ WhiteRose ❤
what_is_around_us (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Well I lived there with my mom, and she passed away 3 years ago so I'm not able to ask her. But I did try to do a history search of the town on google it didn't help much.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
:sigh: never mind about the bees

I don't think there is a spell on you.

The best way to research the history: If you can't remember the address, I would suggest asking a parent or relative. I've tried google-ing my old address. It doesn't really get you anywhere. Your best bet is a library in that town. If you're no longer living in the area, your current library might work. If you remember the towns name you could do a google historical search on the town. It can be a tedious process but an interesting one at that
what_is_around_us (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I may have agreed with you if it was not for the fact that there had to be hundreds of bees in there, you could barely see the carpet that's how many of them there were, and ALL off them were dead, and we did not have any other insects/bugs in the house; no spiders,ants, no roaches nothing like that. In reply to link21 I really hope that she did not put ANY kind of spell on me, but now that you mention that I have been more opened to the unexplained and paranormal things. Also to holly how would I go about finding the history of my old house/neighborhood?I tried today, but two things: I don't remember the address, and I don't think I know what to type in on the computer.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Bees...like most insects will find a way into your home. The tiniest of crack or hole can be just what they need to crawl through. Sorta like mice... They can squeeze through a hole as small as a pin hole.

I realize your family members checked the room... It was just a theory.
link21 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I think that the witch that you are talking about put a spell on you so you can see things on the "other side" but that's just my opinion 😕
what_is_around_us (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Well Seraph I really am not sure what it was. But I am sure that the entire time we lived there I felt nothing but darkness and evil around us. And as a child I was typically happy go lucky and very cheerful/friendly.But that house had evil all around it.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
There have been some paranormal activities that may include insects or animals. But hobbyholly might be right, it would have been a good idea if your mom had an expert check on your room thoroughly first before jumping in to any conclusions. The bees might be coming from somewhere, and something might be killing them as well. If the expert might have not found any hives, then that's the time to really think that this is strange. Especially if the house was inhabited previously by a witch. Might have been a good idea if you have researched about the previous occupant of the house. Even if you're no longer living there. Might as well answer some questions of yours. 😉
what_is_around_us (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
my mom never called an exterminator.
I really do not know whether others have moved in because I am no longer living in Jacksonville, but yes the house is still standing. And about the bee hive in the wall, how do you explain all the bees being dead, not even one was flying around.
But I do know that they were not there when I went to school that morning.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
I have a theory for the bees (which reminds me of the flies in Amytillville (sp?) Horror):

As a child my parents discovered there was a bees nest between their interior bedroom wall and the exterior of the house. An exterminator was called... And well that solved that.

Is the house still standing? Did new owners move in?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: