You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Old Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Woman

 

We moved about five years ago. I was nearing the end of grade six at the time. We didn't move very far - about a 10 or 15-minute drive away.

The new house was not in fact new. It's about 40-50 years old (I think?). I'm not sure of the exact age. But apparently there was an elderly couple that lived here before us. I'm aware that the old woman died, but I'm not sure exactly what happened to her husband. The last I heard, he was in a nursing home. We were told that the woman did not die in the house, but was carried away in an ambulance truck and died shortly thereafter in the hospital.

I have an interest in the paranormal, but I've never seen anything *really* bizarre. At least, not bizarre enough to prove that there is something beyond the grave...

I didn't see the old woman recently after we moved. I'm now in grade 11, and I'd say I saw her no more than a year or two ago.

I was in the kitchen it was pitch black. There is a narrow opening in the kitchen, leading to the dining room. This was out of the corner of my eye, but I'm certain I saw a shadow sweep past the opening. It was in the form of a woman, wearing something similar to a dress or a gown.

That is the last I saw of her, but my dad has claimed to have seen her, as has my boyfriend. When he saw her, he told me that she appeared to be rather sorrowful. She was standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking straight out the window located across the living room.

Maybe she's missing her husband. Perhaps waiting for him to pass on and come back to her. I really don't know. Then again, most of these sightings and visits are unexplained.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, ZackandChelsea_forever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: