You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Life And Death In A Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Life And Death In A Dream

 

I don't know about you, but I've heard that when you dream, the dream is in black and white. I have very vivid dreams, in color. Some so real I can smell and touch things. They play out like a drama, very clear, very story like. I hardly do dream, but when they happen they are very closely related to the conscious world.

I was very close with my sister's cat growing up. He always kept me company while I worked in the yard and he would sleep next to me at night. Even after my fiancΓ© moved in with me and my family he would crawl on the bed and curl up on her stomach, right in his spot. She would always be upset that he was on her when she would wake up.

Several years ago my fiancΓ© and I married and moved away from my childhood home. Sadly we could not take him along with us, no pets allowed. I would visit occasionally, but work and other duties kept me from seeing him as much as I wanted. A couple of years ago I had a dream of him!

In my dream I was in my living area cleaning, as if I was preparing to entertain, and I hear my sister's cat calling. Meow! Mau! I look up and see him on the walk way of the building directly across from us. I call "Hey, my boy!" he turns and sees me, but he falls between the railings to the walkway below. I then took off out my apartment to the cement walk below and put him on my lap. He looked at me and closed his eyes. I could feel his soft fur between my fingers and I awoke teary eyed.

I told my wife of the dream and she told me "Maybe we should go visit him." Later that day my older sister calls and as I'm about to tell her we were stopping by she interrupts with "The cat died..." She knew how close I was with him and she broke it to me ever so tactfully. "Someone in the neighborhood poisoned him. I can't find him, but I knew he was sick yesterday." I couldn't believe it. I got upset and told her "Why didn't you call earlier, when you saw him?" Oh well, I'm glad he came to see me before he left. I still miss him to this day.

My wife and I are expecting our first soon! We were impatiently waiting for the ultra sound to find out our babies sex. The morning of the doctor's appointment I have this dream.

In my dream my wife and I are waiting on a sidewalk entry way into a park. We look out to the parking lot and see my wife's mom walking toward us holding hands with a child. As she gets closer I can see the child better.

It was a fiery red headed, fair skinned girl. She was so excited to see us; she had such a cute smile on her face. I bent over to take her as she ran closer to us. Just as she got to me she quickly "bee lined" to my wife's leg with her face buried into her hip. I said "You little rat!" She turned back to me and smiled slyly. "Get over here!" She came to me. I picked her up and held her in the sun light where her hair began changing between Blond, red, and brown. It looked like fire.

I awake from my dream very happy. I wanted a girl badly and my dreams have a tendency to show what is about to take place, good things. I was excited all day long, all my co workers were eager to find out as well. 3:30pm, time to go to our appointment! The doctor rubs the ultra sound thing on my wife's belly to check on baby. "So doctor, boy or girl?" He replied "Can't tell yet, baby is playing hard to get... If it's a girl, that's how I'd want her!" He laughs at his joke and I nodded in agreement. "Well, well... Looks to be a girl."

I was so relieved. My wife and I have been looking forward to this. Now she can buy the proper clothes for baby and now I can have peace of mind of knowing it'll be a girl. We decided to name our baby after both of her grandmothers. Now it's a matter of time before we meet her!

My wife has very interesting dreams as well. When she would dream of a small shark, or sharks, we'd later find out that one of our siblings were having a baby. When I would dream about my teeth falling out or being rotten one of our family members would die. Do any of you have dreams that tie in with life or death?

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by 4d

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Mahalo Jennifer40 for adding that special touch! I appreciate your thoughts 😊 - 4d
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
Jennifer40,
My wife dreamt of sharks every time my brother's wife was expecting! That's very interesting! 😁 Thanks for sharing, aloha - 4d
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Great story! I've heard other people say that when they dream of fish that it signifies a pregnancy. I think that may have even happened to my Mom when my sister was expecting her first.

Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer ❀
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
bumblebee55,
Thanks for your post! I woke up tearing from that dream. He was a really good friend and when my brother started his family, that cat was very gentle and curious about them. He would watch over my nephews and nieces as they were born and he'd let them play with him as they got older. He seemed very maternal. ❀

Deliriumdreamsicle,
Those are such true words, thanks for posting them. 😁

Aloha - 4d
deliriumdreamsicle (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
Dreams could represent many different things, but mostly the subconscious -- so we come out understanding ourselves better. But you can also interpret them in another way, as if it's a premonition of some sort. Suffice it to say, the dreams could be all of them. What matters is what me make of them in our awakened state.
Http://www.mydeliriumdreamsicle.blogspot.com
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
Awwwwwwwww, that's a sad story... I almost cried... I think it's good your cat came to see you one last time, though. 😳 It also sounds like you're a bit physic too!
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
TigerLiliy,
It represents a bad omen in the family or close friends circle, according to my family. Seeing your teeth rot, fall out, bleed or turn to dust are just signs of what could be wrong with someone close to you. Don't think that because you lose all your teeth you lose all your friends πŸ˜† It'll be okay! Your dream of a dog could be your way of creating a friend in your subconscious. Example: If you dream of a cousin, it could stand for your friend. If you dream of your Mother or Father it could be someone who teaches you and you feel close to. I would consider your dreams of the dog a great source to predict a change in your friendly circle. Aloha - 4d ❀
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
You have all kind of frightened me with the tooth dream now.
Some weeks ago my mum had a dream that all of her teeth and parts of her gums were falling out, yet every time she went to tell somebody they ignored her. Do you think everyone she knows will die or something?
I don't think I have actually had any dreams about Life or Death, although every time I dream of dog (s) something happens to do with friends. (E.g. If the dog isn't too friendly, somebody I know falls out with a friend. If the dog seems friendly somebody I know makes a new friend.) Not that that helps any πŸ˜•

God Bless.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Hanbobs,
Thanks again for your thoughtful comments! Yeah, the green skin took my wife for a loop. πŸ˜† Anyway my wife just reminded me after posting that she saw a picture of the baby at my sister in laws place. The baby resembled the dream child. πŸ˜• I am just in awe every time that woman has a baby dream. Aloha - 4d 😊
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
What a lovely name for her to call their daughter, and it seems suitable as your wife found her in the 'Path of the Sea' in her dream. 😁
I'm sure you don't need to worry about the safety of your unborn child, although it's only natural to. She will soon come along - red hair or without, who knows?! But be thankful your sister in laws niece wasn't green! πŸ˜†
Hanbobs x
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
mzih8u,
That is very interesting. I didn't know the location of the tooth mattered. Most times it was all my teeth that rotted or I spit them into my hand with out seeing the location of the tooth. Thanks so much for sharing, I'll keep it in mind if I dream it again. Aloha - 4d ❀
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Hanbobs,
I love that you shared these stories! It is a pretty cool sense to have when you can predict life or death within a family! 😁 I was sad at the loss of the baby in your post, that is my biggest fear that our baby will be harmed. I'm always so cautious of what my wife is doing or where she is going. πŸ˜† Speaking of, she had a dream that we were on a boat and she found a baby floating on the water. When she pulled the baby out of the water she was happy, cute, but green in color. Noone in our immediate family was pregnant. Later we find out that my sister in laws half sister was pregnant and she wanted a Hawaiian name for her. My sister in law came to my wife for a name that dealt with the ocean since the babies father loves to be on his boat. We live no where near them and had no idea that they were expecting. The fact that the name needed to deal with the sea was pretty interesting because the baby was found in the water in my wife's dream. Her baby was born healthy and happy and not green! πŸ˜† My wife named her "Kealaokekai" or Path of the sea. Aloha - 4d
mzih8u (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
Hi, 4d yes I have had the tooth dream although our family believes where the tooth is in your mouth is important, the closer to the middle of your mouth is the closer the person is to you. If the tooth is wobbly but doesn't fall out it means someone will get sick or somthing will happen to someone but they will not die.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Some dreams can hold the key to the future. I sometimes find myself informing people of my dreams incase they come true - for example someone dying or a tradgic accident within the family. If my dreams are good and I think they may be linked to the future, I keep them to myself! πŸ˜†
My friends Mum has similar dreams. She has 4 daughters and 1 son. Three of them have children - 2 each. Before any of them have found out they were pregnant or before they had told their Mum, she has had a dream about babies. It's funny cause she ring around the lot of them saying 'who's pregnant?' until she gets an answer. And she's always right! She once told my friend (her daughter) she had a dream the night before where there were two babies - one with a face + one without. It turned out 2 of her daughters were pregnant at the same time but unfortunately one of them lost her baby in the early stages.
She also says everytime her own Dad comes in to dreams, someone in the family dies. She chooses not to inform anyone of these dreams so she won't upset anyone.

I have my own theory of dreams ~ I think when you sleep you enter another world that's close to both life and death. This enables you to see people who have passed over, kind of like an out of body experience. I've heard that if you dream that you're falling and you hit the bottom before waking up, you can die from the shock. I don't know how true this is though...
I'm keen to know what colour hair your daughter will have! πŸ˜† The proof is in the pudding - if she does have Red hair then WOW! Congratulations by the way 😁
Hanbobs x
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
AuroraRosa,
Thank you for your comments! 😁 I will check out that page you suggested, mahalo and Aloha - 4d
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
yes, if you look on the psychic page I did a story about how I was sleep-talking and predicted my rabbit's death. It's lots easier to mkae predictions in an unconshious state because the mind automatically doesn't want to believe in ghosts.
Oh, and also I have predicted near-death experiences by dream, but only twice, and both times I didn't realize what I had predicted until it happened.
So anyway, this is entirely possible, and a good gift. And I also dream in color.
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Oh no, no one passed (Thank God) but the dream was annoying and so confusing. I've had it a couple times, but I'm not sure, 'cause sometimes I have those dreams where it seems I've dreamt the same exact thing before. Now, that's pretty weird. πŸ˜•Oh, and your welcome.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
dreamergal72,
Thank you so much for your kind words! ❀ My sisters cat and I were close, she always complained that he loved me more than her πŸ˜†!

ParanormalReality,
I really appreciate you posting your experiences, thanks a lot! 😁 I have heard that dreaming of death could signify life, something like the passing of an era not necessarily a person. During the time you dreamt of teeth falling out, did any one in your family pass?

Chingvang559,
Thank you so much for your support!

Thanks again for your posts! Aloha - 4d
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
Hi, I can help you with your dreams. I am Hmong, and we take dreams seriously in our culture. Whenever someone dreams that another person has fallen into a hole, it is not a good one.
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Thanks for posting, very well written. Yes, I've had dreams of life and death before. The day my mother left to the hospital to give birth, I had a dream at night while she was still at the hospital. Well, we knew it was a girl, and in my dream my sister came out dead. But it was actually a very happy birth and she was okay. I sometimes have dreams about my teeth falling. Although I've had several dreams about my parents dieing too. But anyways, I guess you just wanted to know.:) My mother is the type of person in our family that has true dreams, they usually come true most of the time. I'm sorry for your sisters cat, but I'm happy for your daughter, I find that a beautiful dream of her! And again, thanks for posting.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Hello, wow I love cat too I have my own too. Sorry about the cat it really sad. Congration the baby girl I love girl too. I do get dream too sometimes about life and death I think it nature not sure yet. You could ask other members here. Thanks and Also Things can come in your dream after they died yes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: