You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Was In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

What Was In My House?

 

I never used to believe in ghosts of anything else supernatural for that matter. I still don't know if I do. However, after this six-year experience, I wonder sometimes.

It was little things at first. I'd catch brief glimpses from the corner of my eye as if someone was standing there by the stairs. Sometimes it would be scents. Sometimes, I would catch a really strong smell of flowers in the house. The first couple times this happened, I asked who sprayed perfume in the room, but no one had. But then things really began getting strange, especially towards the end of high school. I'd hear someone running up and down the stairs at night. I rolled over and just fell back asleep, thinking it was my brother or someone up late at night. The next morning, I blamed my brother for walking around the house so loudly that night. No one knew what I was talking about.

Just to prove I'm not crazy, this happened more than once. Once, I even woke up to check it out, but I never found anyone awake.

There would be nights after when I swear I could feel someone in my room watching me. As crazy as that sounds, I swear there was someone watching me whenever I lied down at night. Sometimes I'd wake up and think someone else was in my room, even to the point that I'd flip on my lamplight and glimpse around. Of course, no one was ever there. But one of the last things that happened to me is the part that I don't understand...

It was one night I genuinely felt like someone was watching me sleep. It felt extremely uncomfortable to the point that I finally sat up and said out loud, "Get out of my room. Leave me alone. I just want to be left alone." ...it was something along those lines.

It's been a little over two years since that night, and I haven't felt anything ever again, or experienced anything strange or unusual in that house.

I've been relieved ever since.

Like I said, this all happened over two years ago. I randomly came across this site tonight though, and I thought I'd share my story after reading some others. I'm just curious what you think. Do you think there was ever something in that house?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilpressrunner, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Well, I have felt that a few times before. It's somewhat hard to explain but that is exactly how it feels like --like someone is watching your every move. I guess the only reason people actually feel it is because the spirit is intentionally trying to get your attention and the person being watched is 'sensitive'. Perhaps when you are 'aware' of your surroundings, you are able to sense these things. Hope that helps somehow. Blessed be! ❤
gbs1x (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I've never felt like anyone was watching me but when my 2 sons and daughter were real little, my second son who was about 3 or 4 told me he woke up in the middle of the night and saw a man floating in the air by his brother's bed looking down at his sleeping brother. Then the man floated through a doorway that was between my sons' room and my daughter's room, into my daughter's room and looked at her. (he could see into her room from his bed, my house is very old and for some reason there was a door between the rooms). Then he saw the man float out the window and away. As far as I know my kids never saw the man or anything else weird again.
Jlh27 (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Ive been lying in bed almost asleep before and sworn my husband has entered the room and when I have turned over to check, nobody there. Just a feeling someone is standing over me staring which was very uncomfortable. Its also happened when I have just been watching TV, completely concentrating on what I'm watching. When I first moved into this house I always thought I saw someone walk past my windows outside but there was no-one there!
dazram (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Lots of people say that. Thay feel like thay are being watched. I just don't get it. What does it feel like when you think you are being watched. Even when I'm out the front mowing the lawn or something and I look around and see one of the neighbours looking at me, I still didn't know thay were looking at me. What dose it feel like. Can any one tell me. 😕
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I hate to sound like a broken record:
Check or research the history of the land/house. Talk to neighbors.

Has anyone else in the home seen anything?
Kwazimoto (5 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I believe there was something in your room because I had similar experiences when I was a younger. Two times that I can recall I woke up with the feeling of being watched. The first time it happened the figure was leaning over me, the second time it was just standing at the foot of my bed. If you're inclined, you can read a little more on my experience here: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=1727

I was just visited the two times, and never more after that which I can recall, so with over two years passing since your experiences it's entirely possible your night-time visitors have also moved on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: