You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is It A Doppelganger Or I Was Just Imagining?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It A Doppelganger Or I Was Just Imagining?

 

I, my sister, and my aunt's cousin which is Ate Emily are at my aunt's room with my cousin, which is 4 months old. Ate Emily is sweeping the floor which is one of her daily chores. I and my sister are playing with our 4-month-old cousin.

My sister is going outside the room and she said she is going to throw something away, and I was about to follow her outside the door, but as I passed the door I saw no one there! The garbage was just at the third floor stairs and Ate Emily was at the door too, sweeping. I asked her where is Michelle, and she told me she was at my cousin's bed, playing with her.

What did I actually see?

I'm sure it was her doppelganger and my sister won't believe me. She told me to stop imagining and I told her I'm sure I saw her go outside the room. She just joked me that she went outside the room to prevent me to cry. But if she went outside, I must have seen her...

Let me tell you the background of my aunt's room.

The wallpaper paint is color white, and the bedroom is placed beside a window. Under the window is an air conditioner. At the front of the air conditioner, are an electric fan and my cousin's bed.

The house has three floors which is the third floor has one room which is the storage room.

Can you please tell me?

Am I just imagining?

Is it a real doppelganger?

Other hauntings by spica

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spica, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
To Necropolis_Seraph:

Yup, she told me she would go out to throw something. And as the story tells, when I followed her, she's not outside because, if she's out, I can see some clues that she's out to throw something.
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
To hobbyholly:

"Ate" is a Filipino word used to refer to elder sisters. It is a form of respect to them. Elder female cousins can also be called "Ate". If it is an elder boy, cousin or brother, its called "Kuya".

To Spica:
I'm kind of confused because you mentioned that your sister was with you and playing with your younger cousin, and then you mentioned she went out the room. Do you mean that while playing with your cousin she told you she would go out to throw something?
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
Dear Hobbyholly,
Ate Emily is my aunt's cousin. That's what we called her...
Michelle is my sister. I think I'm not engaged in a close activity like dolls because I don't like dolls.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I understand what you are saying. I'm sure it was unnerving. Not sure what you saw as being a dopplganger or not. I have read of bi-location where it seems like a person can be in two places at one time. I don't think the "double" is physical but a projection of some sort. The double doesn't seem aware of other living people either. It's almost like they are just going through the motion without being aware of what's around them. I think the same could be said of a doppleganger. Astral projection on the other hand is when someone is very aware that they have left their physical bodies and can also return to them.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
I would say that experencing this 'phenomenon' just the one time should not be a cause for concern.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Please forgive my ignorance/confusion. What is "Ate Emily"? Is that a term of endearment? Or her name?

Is Michelle your sister? You said you and your sister were playing with your cousin. Were you engaged in a "close" activity like dolls or something?

I'm sorry just a little confused

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: