You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: One Last Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

One Last Goodbye

 

I've heard this story all my life growing up and it continues to send shivers up my spine. It happened to my grandmother years ago. My mother was a teenager and she had gone out with her sister. My grandmother was at home doing chores. Suddenly, the door bell rings and it's my grandmothers' cousin. She looked like she was in a hurry, talking really fast. She told my grandmother she had stopped by to say goodbye. Puzzled, my grandmother asks her where she was going. Her cousin ignores her question and insists that she must leave at once. While leaving, her sweater gets caught on one of the dining room chairs. She tugged at her sweater and a small piece of wool ripped off. She left the apartment. My grandmother stood there completely bewildered because her cousin had never acted that way before. She decided to go back to her chores when the phone rang. It was my grandmothers cousins' sister calling to let her know that her sister had gotten into and accident and passed away a few hours earlier! My grandmother told her that her sister had just left her apartment ten minutes ago. After my grandmother hung up the phone, she went to sit in the dining room (she was in complete shock) when she noticed the piece of wool that her deceased cousin had left behind was still there!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Francy meet me in chat room for the last time tonight please. No one is there to talk and be friends now.
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Greetings,

Hello serenity14, that was a very sweet story you told. Your grandmother's cousin must have cared for your grandmother very much and wanted to say a final farewell.

Well done, well written and thank you for posting your story. Serenity14, if you have more stories, I encourage you to post them, if you don't mind. Thank you once again for posting your story. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
paggark (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Awww, I guess she wouldn't want to go until your said her goodbyes to her relatives ^-^. Your grandmothers cousin must of been in a rush because she didn't want to be left behind and given her final farwell.
Sorry about my english I'm no really good at it =3. Hope you have a good day serenity14 ^-^
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
Aww! How sweet! What an amazing story. I guess her cousin is in a happier place now. 😁
Dakota (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-08)
Well, I guess, she cared about her very much, and that she wannted to tell her goodbye and basically "see you in heaven" I think that is a way to say that.
Nikster (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-07)
aww that's sad but sweet her cousin really cared about your grama well atleast she got to say goodbye
Kodak (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
Awh, what a touching story. It's definitely more sad than scary. That's a lot of love to bring someone from the other-side to come say one last goodbye.
head4irst4hal0s (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
I agree with Yadira that your grandmother's cousin must of really loved her. I think your grandmother's cousin left a piece of garment behind to let your grandmother know that it wasn't just a figment of her imagination, that she really had stopped by to say goodbye. She must of really cared for her. I love the story.
Yadira (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-06)
Well then your grandmas cousin must of really loved your grandma so she would of came back and say goodbye. Thats sweet but scary at the same time scary

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: